L'Oreal Miss Manga

3.6

Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Silica, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Mica

on 7/3/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Like the last reviewer stated, I expected more from this product due to the doll-eyed advertisements but it actually provides a very light, natural look. I bought the waterproof formula, which doesn't 100% stay, so that was disappointing. If it's a normal day in Florida, it will stand up to the sweat and humidity, but it won't stand up when at the beach or pool. It doesn't provide much volume or much length, so it really doesn't have much going for it. It doesn't even layer when I put it on. However it doesn't clump and it makes my lashes look decent but I won't be buying again.

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Just okay. I bought the regular (non-waterproof) Brownish Black tube of this and have been using it for a few days now. The tube is pretty because it's metallic pink and black. I like that it has one flat side so when you set it down, it doesn't roll all over the counter.

Since I am over forty, I always use an eyelash curler before applying mascara. I did that for Miss Manga, too. The brush works well to apply mascara, and the formula is not so wet that it weighs the lashes down or drags the curl out of them. It added a very tiny bit of length to my lashes. I didn't notice any effect on volume, really.

For me, this definitely doesn't produce a doll-eyed look such as you see in Manga or Anime images. It is a good enough mascara, just don't buy it with an expectation it will leave you all fluttery-lashed.

I'm alternating with a tube of Million Lashes as well. I just used up a tube of Cover Girl Clump Crusher, which as it turned out, I really loved. So I would say Miss Manga doesn't have as much impact on lashes, as Clump Crusher does.

on 7/3/2015 9:18:00 PM

By far the best mascara I have ever used. The wand is a very distinct shape but is very flexible and allows you to get to the root of your lashes making them look very long and quite voluminous. Not at all clumpy, it separates each lash and has a very fluttery, sexy look that is hard to describe. Would definitely suggest picking one of these up especially when L'oreal has a BoGo sale going on!

on 7/1/2015 7:17:00 AM

Amazing at first, huge dark lashes, it was actually what I swore would be my mascara for good. This didn't last unfortunately. After not even having it that long the brush got flattened out and the product was dry and all it did was clump. The first handful of uses yield great results, but this is fleeting and it becomes terrible after that.

on 6/30/2015 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked how this made the lashes look at the beginning, full of volume and added length. I didn't wear it every day, as the look can be a bit over the top for daily errands (for me, any way) but I was happy every time I used it - a few times a week. However... it dried very quickly. About the end of the second week it started flaking off and I had difficulty removing what was left. The lashes felt glued together and I noticed a difference in how they looked after application - all stuck together, the mascara would stick to them and dry really fast, could not build up with layers as trying to do that would lead to looking like I had a total of three-four big fat eyelashes. Didn't use it on the lower lash line, the formula felt 'too rich' for it. I had to throw it away, sadly. Low overall rating due to that issue.

on 6/28/2015 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is one of the best drugstore mascaras I've ever used! I have tried many other drugstore mascaras but none have curled and lengthened my lashes like this has. It stays on all day. I also really like the bendable brush. It allows me to get close to the root of my lashes without the pain haha! The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is that it seems to dry out quicker than other mascaras. However, the price is right so I don't mind having to buy more frequently.

on 6/26/2015 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara is def a fave. Fairly dry formula and adds some length and thickness. Love it and will re purchase.

I'm honestly so sad that this mascara didn't work for me, because I absolutely adored the look it gave my lashes. As an avid reader of manga, the whole exaggerated lash effect this product claims to give is absolutely true - I felt so cute and girly with enormous manga-like dolly lashes. I was so excited to wear this every day, but, alas.

The only problem with this mascara is how badly it flakes. Even only one hour after I applied it, my undereye area was covered in little black speckles, whether I powdered or not. As much as I love this product, having to wipe away the flakes is just not something that I can see myself dealing with or having the patience for. Back to Ulta it goes.

Everything else about Miss Manga was perfect, hence my 4 lippie rating. Maybe in the near future I'll buy another tube and test it out, and I'll cross my fingers and pray that the flaking issue was just a fluke, or simply due to getting a bad tube initially. Interesting how this mascara seems to be such a hit or miss for so many people.

on 6/26/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hate it! The wand is a bendable and flimsy which I don't like at all. It doesn't hold on to my lashes and give volume or anything. It's clumpy and has a strong odor to it. Just wasn't impressed :/

on 6/22/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really like this mascara. It's one of the best drugstore mascaras out right now. It doesn't smear easily and dries quickly. I don't need a lot of coats for my lashes to look long and full. It's a good mascara for a good price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials