L'Oreal Miss Manga

Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Silica, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Mica

on 10/1/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At first my reaction was "wtf" about this mascara. What's with the floppy end? After I got used to it, tho, I LOVE THIS product. I found the advertisements for this line to be nasty looking, but obviously mascara ads are the most faked in the makeup world. I am a huge fan of the "Rock" one in the yellow package, but thought I'd try this. First off, yes the wand has some floppy thing going on. This is meant so you can layer and layer it on without adding too much product in one swipe. Ever try adding 2+ coats and you get way too much product? This is meant to prevent that. For ladies that like "blinking" the mascara on, this may be a great product for you. I've added like 5+ coats and it stays feathery and voluminous - great! Wearability is just as good as any other DS brand, if my eyes water ya it comes off. Obviously don't rub your eyes. Only took a star off because there's a few other mascara a I prefer but this one is still really good, and a great value

on 9/19/2015 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this mascara. It is so easy to create full, long lashes. The only thing that makes me give this a 4 instead of a 5 is that it sometimes tends to get lumpy, a bit spiderlegs. It is easily fixed with a clean brush, but still...

on 9/19/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I got the waterproof version of this and tried it once.

Don't bother. Just get the Miss Manga "Rock" version of this mascara or anything else that doesn't have this really unnecessary moving/rotating/bending wand base. If the wand constantly moves, how are you supposed to get an even coat of product? I applied the mascara and realized there's not enough pressure on the wand to get an even coat because it simply bends away from the lashes. The "Rock" version is superior because the wand doesn't bend and also because the brush and bristles are soft jelly plastic brushes instead of the traditional chimney sweep fibered brush. Usually I love when the chimney sweep type brushes have these fine bristles on them but the ones on these were useless.

Seeing the formula clump and do something spidery right out of the tube for the first time was enough.

By nature, my lashes are curled and are of medium thickness so that's what I'm working with.

Oh and the packaging and presentation...so a manga is a Japanese comicbook. If you've ever seen just a glimpse of one the eyelashes the female characters have in these comics, they are unearthly gorgeous. The packaging of this panda character is just a sad, thoughtless, lame effort--that's ripping off some Tokidoki stuff kinda. And also I would think if you want to invoke the littlest bit of Japanese culture into your product, make the packaging insanely cute enough to even resemble Japanese mascara packaging.

on 9/12/2015 6:49:00 PM

Let's start from the outside to inside...
It wasn't the priciest of the Loreal brand but for the overall product I would say it was worth more than it should of...got it for about $8.
The packaging is really pretty.
The wand is a little flimsy...I am not that convinced to why it is like that.
The bristle I like since it gets all my lashes and distributes the product evenly.
I purchased the Black Angel, which has the blackest pigmentation in the Miss Manga brand. It made my lashes long and it didn't clump up...until the end of the tube (maybe it was the air being trapped inside, I had it for about two to three months).
I bought to try it out, I was satisfied but I am feeling a bit more adventurous...so I will not be repurchasing.

on 9/9/2015 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Have you ever been applying mascara and thought if only this wand was bendy like a twizzler stick?
I just got really exasperated, plus the formula wasn't doing anything for me but clumping no length at all.

Miss Manga is no lady!

I'm not a fan of Loreal mascaras (mainly because they smell odd and it's off-putting to me) so I can't even remember why I bought this.

But I'm glad I did :). I must say this is one of my all-time favorite mascaras and I use it on a regular basis.

I like this stuff because it gives my lashes a different look than most mascaras. It volumizes beautifully and fans out my outer lashes in a way that makes them look fake. I will admit, the brush is a little awkward, especially when you're trying to get your lower lashes. However, once I figured out how to work with it (slow strokes, don't try to get too close to your skin, wiggle the brush from side to side to catch your lashes) the results were beautiful.

There is a tad bit of clumping. However, it's not in a bad way...the mascara just groups my lashes together, so instead of coating each individual lash, I look like I have fewer lashes but the look very thick. I think that's actually what this mascara is supposed to do. That's where the intense and beautiful volume comes from. If you put more than 2 coats though, you will have hella ugly clumping. Two coats is all you need.

One more thing, this stuff stays on all day and does not flake off! It will smudge a little if your eyes water, but it's nothing unmanageable. I was impressed by the long wear.

Overall, this is a fantastic mascara if you want tons of volume. You do have to play with the brush to get it to work, but just go slow and don't put too many coats. I promise, the results are great!

Also, it doesn't smell as weird as the other Loreal mascaras. So if you're like me, that's another plus!

on 8/27/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Adds volume. I actually like it. It works for volume and the gives me the ability to shape my lashes to the outer direction to make my eyes more cat shaped than almond.

on 8/19/2015 1:34:00 PM

I like the formula of this mascara but its just that the brush is jointed and when you get right up the roots and wiggle up, it splatters all over your eye. Or at least on mine. I do recommend it if you are careful not to get it all over your eyelid and make a huge mess. I know they made a miss manga rock mascara and that one doesn't have a 360° brush so I'm excited to try that one!

on 8/17/2015 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

L'Oreal Miss Manga gets 3.5 stars, since yes it does give thick voluminous lashes.

BUT formula goes on a bit clumpy and the brush @ the end of the wand is a bit limp
like old celery. I always need to run lashes through with a clean mascara wand to remove excess. Trying to apply this to the lower lashes is disasterous—if you try it, you've been forewarned. So basically there's more work involved to get great results.

Sometimes formula does flake on very windy days (like at a beach) and you're sweating,
but usually has good staying power.

Ingredients: No parabens or methylisothiazolinone so that is a big plus :)

on 8/17/2015 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Really bad! Waste of time and money. Runs immediately. Looks awful. Really bad. Loreal double extend tubing mascara is my favorite.

Video Reviews & Tutorials