December 18, 2014 | 1697 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Miss Manga

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jmarie0315

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product looks clumpy on the brush but the clumps don't transfer to my lashes. It really does make my lashes look longer and fuller than any other mascara I've tried. Hasn't irritated my eyes at all. Prior to this my HG mascara was L'Oreal Voluminous.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by PrintesaBlonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First impressions were good, made my lashes really long and doll like without looking clumpy but 30 mins into wear and I had huge panda eyes, it had smudged under my eyes and my partner asked me if I had been crying! Disappointing as the packaging,brush and first results are amazing :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not my favorite. First off, I don't like flexible wands. My lashes need a stiff wand to achieve the lift I need and to pack in product. Second, for me it took many coats to achieve a darkened lash and to distribute enough product. Third, once I had my lashes looking decent my lashes seemed to droop immediately...not from the weight but from lack of meaningful application. It's a decent enough product that I wanted to finish it up, and honestly it didn't take long. I just bought this about 2 months ago and have been altering it with another mascara...the other mascara bottle still has lots of mascara left in the tube, this one is almost dried up and gone! I try different mascaras but really need to just still with the L'Oreal Voluminous....it's truly my go to mascara and doesn't fail me!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by katyjanee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have such a love-hate relationship with this product. Firstly, when you first purchase it it's not a great mascara - the formulation is way too wet and a bit annoying to work with so I kind of just use it on top of another mascara just to give my lashes a bit more of a dramatic look. However, once this mascara has dried out a little bit I love it! It's so much easier to work with and I really like the look it gives my lashes as it really wings them out at the edge. I wouldn't suggest this mascara if you're a real natural looking lashes girl who doesn't like any clumps, it definitely gives more of a dramatic night out look. I also do really like this mascara on top of another mascara (FYI: normally used on top of Revlon Lash Potion, Covergirl Clump Crusher or Tarte Lights Camera Lashes) I think it really adds some drama to everyday lashes and I really love it as a 'top-up' mascara throughout the day.
Overall, I wouldn't suggest rushing out to purchase this mascara but if you have it and you don't like it at first leave it for a bit and come back to it a few weeks after purchase and it might just change your mind.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Judierudie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not happy with manga. It takes 2 or 3 tries to get enough on so it looks like there's anything there. Hate the flex brush. Seems like container is empty. Won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by itisanniebelle

After using Clump Crusher for some time, I decided to spread my mascara wings and try this product. It was okay. Actually, I'd say it was mediocre. I definitely have more complaints than compliments.

My first problem is the formula is so freakin' *wet*. When I first used it straight out of the tube, I thought it would be like, you know, normal mascara, but it made my lashes clump together like CRAZY. They were definitely right about the manga thing, because it made me look like I had a grand total of five or six eyelashes on top. I tried wiping the wand off on a piece of tissue paper but I still didn't feel like that gave me enough control, so I decided to bust out my Sonia Kashuk metal lash comb. That's pretty much how I used this mascara until the formula dried up...and it seems like it dried up earlier than most mascaras too.

The two claims of this mascara are longer, fuller lashes and a special wand. I am not a fan of "special mascara wands". I saw the Wayne Goss video on metal lash combs in February and that's been my preferred method of mascara application ever since. The appeal of this wand is that it can be like...angled? Or that it bounces back? Something like that. I don't even know.

I am not a fan of gimmicks with my mascara–I want my lashes to be darker, thicker, fuller longer, whatever, but don't try to pull some "potion" or "butterfly" shiz on me. I'm a freakin' adult. Of all the gimmicks to use, this is a weird one–my first association with "manga" is manga like Paradise Kiss where the characters have maybe three eyelashes at most. I mean, that's what happens when you use the mascara, but I don't think that's what L'Oreal was going for.

I recommend passing over this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the reviewer that was in the hate camp for this mascara EXCEPT:
I realized this mascara is gorgeous when paired with another mascara with a wand that separates lashes better. For example, for my personal taste I really enjoy the rubber bristles in mascaras from Cover Girl (lash blast, clump crusher, even the new full lash bloom).

When I just apply the Manga mascara, there's a high chance my lashes might clumpy and look spidery. And yes I don't like the fact the wand is wobbly and such. But the formula of this mascara is great! It keeps my lashes curled, it's super black, and it lengthens and volumes my lashes. Now to separate the clumpiness I recently have been using the Cover Girl full lash bloom. I apply this second coat of mascara before the Manga mascara had time to dry. The full lash bloom mascara doesn't give a lot of length but it does give a nice volume. These two mascaras have give me such beautiful lashes...I cannot get enough. It's like I can't wait to apply the mascaras again and get that amazing false lashes effect. Either of these mascaras alone are not my favorite but together they are AWESOME

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by gabrinelle

Way too overhyped. This mascara clumps, flakes, and does not hold a curl. It does everything you don't want it to do. Don't waste your money!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying (and loving) L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Couture, I thought I would give this one a try. I didn't like this one, though. The formula is just ok. The brush, however, is not very nice. I don't like its shape or the effect it provides- natural everyday lashes. Most days I only use one coat of mascara, however, I tried this mascara with two coats and it still failed to impress me. The most annoying about this about this mascara, though, is the way the wand always picks up too much mascara. I always had to wipe loads off with a tissue. This is not only annoying but also a waste. In summary, this is just an average mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by wereswan

I liked this product a lot. The flexible wand was kind of stupid but it's a great mascara. It ran out too fast though.