November 23, 2014 | 2039 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lost On Lombard

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! And perfect for olive skin!

Out of the 77+++ "dark reds" that I have in my np collection (most of them OPI, Essie, and ChG), I am amazed to say that I do not have a single dupe of Lost On Lombard! *shocked*
I have a lot of dupes of many of my np colors -- this is definitely a first! lol

On my medium olive skin (neutral when pale, and warm toned when faux tanned), LoL is a medium/dark oxblood shade (slightly muted, slightly browned, and slightly warm toned red). Another way to describe it would be a warm toned dark burgundy, or a deep red brick (not an orange-y brick!). There is a slight coolness about it however in certain lights, which I feel makes it a np color that even those with slightly cool toned skin may like (those with very pale, cool toned skin -- aka lots of pink to their skin -- may find this shade too warm).

Application:
This was a dream to apply! I did shake it for 1 min in my ProShaker (but I've shaken many of my polishes, and still none have applied this smoothly! NP heaven! lol) No streaks whatsoever!

Would I Buy This Again?
OH YES! I am hoping they have this in OPI Gelcolor, but I doubt it. But YES, I will be repurchasing this shade, absolutely! Lost on Lombard will now be my go-to Fall warm toned dark red (OPI Chick Flick Cherry is my go-to plummy red). LoL is chic enough to wear when dressed up, yet not tooooooooooooo "RED" -- so a perfect fit for my more classic/conservative, tailored, work attire environment.

****I wish I could find a lipstick in THIS shade! If anyone knows of one, please PM me! :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Gorgeous deep blood red - a shade lighter and less purple toned than 'Skyfall' very similar but a shade darker than Avon's Cherry Jubilee - same family as the discontinued 'Crepes Suziette by OPI which is my most fave shade of red - only a bit brighter and less muted. A wonderful bricky red which has a slightly bluish undertone which makes it quite neutral probably a classic for any skintone. Unfortunately my bottle is broken but I would definitely buy another if I come across it anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely oxblood red for fall. I've worn I on its own and with a silver micro-glitter top coat. It does tend to dull after some wear and I recommend a shiny top coat. Otherwise excellent wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lost on Lombard is a beautiful shade of red. It's not so dark that it ever appears black and neither does it appear pink. My only complaint about the polish is that it takes two or three coats to make sure that it isn't streaky. Other than that, it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by MonBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hi and thank you for reading my review.
I posted a photo of my nails and this shade - I love this color.
It is a deep, dark red with a slightly brown tone to it - it reminds me of the brownstone row homes in NYC.
This color is rich, creamy, expensive looking, elegant and classic. I will always have this color in my rotation and with my skin tone it is just the most perfect shade. It's defiantly a fall and winter shade, this color has to be experience in person to truly be appreciated for how lovely it is.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lost on Lombard is from the San Francisco Collection autumn 2013, and it fits well into the overall earthy feeling of the collection. I understand from reviews that many people find this color boring, and I'll admit it's not a groundbreaking, never-seen-before-color in any respect. But to me an autumn collection without a burgundy is not a real autumn collection at all so I am of course very happy, OPI included this one. Besides, not everybody want colors that look as if they are ment to be worn in outer space, and I for one like that the classics keep coming.

LOL is a medium deep, brownish burgundy creme. The color is warm, but there's enough blue in it never to look heavy or mud like (the way I felt Skyfall did) so you don't have to be afraid of it even though you have cool toned skin. Apparently 2013 (and on?) is all about brown based reds, and we surely haven't seen too many of them the last couple of decades. Personally, I welcome them back in my collection. I have missed their down to earth approach to red and their wearability in my - let's face it - relatively unglamorous day to day life. This color won't look weird or out of place when you haste through the supermarket, and it won't get you stared at when you pick the children up at school or join them around a camp fire. Still the color will look gorgeously understated and elegant with an evening dress. I simply cannot think of an occasion where this color would be "wrong".

Application was easy and fast. The polish has a gel like consistency that makes it flow onto the nail almost buy itself. I applied three very, very thin coats, but two would be sufficient, or - if you're not concerned about the longevity of your manicure - maybe even one.