December 19, 2014 | 885 users online

Loose Powders - Bourjois - Poudre de Riz

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Everything is lovely about this powder - lovely vintage packaging and lettering; lovely vintage, old fashioned but pleasant smell, lovely modern "innards" on the container (a sifter lid that can be closed with a simple twist) and an absolutely lovely product on the skin. I use this as a finishing/luminizing/setting powder for foundation or BB/CC cream. It's a nice, affordable alternative to Guerlain Meteorites, which I will probably be saving for more special occasions. For every day, this powder from Bourjois is one of several that I really enjoy using. Also, this doesn't seem to be limited edition any longer. Every Bourjois display I've seen at SDM, which is where Boujois is sold in Canada, has this powder in stock.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a limited edition for the 150 anniversart of Bourjois. I bought it as I was looking for a cheaper version to the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, which I have finished even though I have used less than half the foundation.

It's very nice, the texture is similar, very light. If you were to swatch it, it looks like it is glittery (and it does say it's an 'illuminating powder') but on my face, I can't see it. Checked in natural light and artificial.

I applied over Clinique CC cream using a buffing brush, and used a similar technique to Bare Minerals (ie, tap into lid, swirl, tap off, apply) and it worked nicely. Blotted very slightly without adding any colour.

It is white in the pot so if you have darker skin, it may not work for you. But overall, I liked this and unless the ELF HD powder (which I have yet to buy) does the same thing but cheaper, I would purchase again.