Color Club polish in Peppermint Twist

2.5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have the full size of this polish, and it does appear streaky initially, but it covers well after 2 coats.I don't care for the semi matte finish, so I always use a topcoat, and it's a gorgeous, fun Summer pink, that always gets compliments. I've always worn a topcoat with this polish, and it lasts a good 3 to 4 days with little to no chipping.I can't speak for the lasting power without a top coat.

on 9/1/2013 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not sure how I acquired this polish, either by swap or by Birchbox, but it certainly wasn't by buying it. Color Club seems to be one of these off-brands that acquires a following by being in venues (web sites and beauty supply stores) where users go to shop for other brands. To me it's a no-name brand. A teeny-tiny little bottle, possibly 1/4 fl oz or less, retails for USD$8, the same price as Essie, a proven brand with better quality and a bottle twice the size.

Peppermint Twist is a light, creamy Barbie pink. On my nails the color goes on streaky and doesn't cover completely after two coats. I theorize part of this is due to the narrow little brush, which one would expect in a mini bottle. As of noon today (9/1/13), the mani is still drying, so I will update this review when the polish chips, which I expect from my other Color Club experiences to be any minute now. I used Duri base coat and Seche Vite top coat.

This is the last time I'll ever use this brand of polish. Not worth $1, let alone $8. Big fat honking FAIL.

(Post hoc 9/1/13: It chipped within a matter of hours the day I applied it. Worthless crap.)

Popular Polishes