July 23, 2014 | 2000 users online

Polishes - Color Club - polish in Peppermint Twist

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not sure how I acquired this polish, either by swap or by Birchbox, but it certainly wasn't by buying it. Color Club seems to be one of these off-brands that acquires a following by being in venues (web sites and beauty supply stores) where users go to shop for other brands. To me it's a no-name brand. A teeny-tiny little bottle, possibly 1/4 fl oz or less, retails for USD$8, the same price as Essie, a proven brand with better quality and a bottle twice the size.

Peppermint Twist is a light, creamy Barbie pink. On my nails the color goes on streaky and doesn't cover completely after two coats. I theorize part of this is due to the narrow little brush, which one would expect in a mini bottle. As of noon today (9/1/13), the mani is still drying, so I will update this review when the polish chips, which I expect from my other Color Club experiences to be any minute now. I used Duri base coat and Seche Vite top coat.

This is the last time I'll ever use this brand of polish. Not worth $1, let alone $8. Big fat honking FAIL.

(Post hoc 9/1/13: It chipped within a matter of hours the day I applied it. Worthless crap.)