April 18, 2014 | 1185 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Straight to the point I would say this product is a 3 out of 5. I have heard a lot about this product, especially since its a cheap version of the Urban Decay All night spray(which is amazing!). It gave my oily skin a matte finish, like it promised. It did pretty good at maintaining a matte finish for several hours. it didn't break out my skin or cause irritation, which is always my concern with cheap products. Now, did it keep my make up from bugging? Not really. I tried several different methods; with and without primer, spraying it once, spraying it multiple times in different facial sections. Nothing, really made a difference the most I got out of it was about 3-4 hours. In the end, it was worth the $8 I paid.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At around $8 a pop regular price at CVS, this product is worth what I paid.

I sprayed this on my face after a matte setting powder and a mineral illuminator. The finish is satiny/dewy rather than matte. The product does initially give off a sort of chemical smell, but the odor dissipates pretty quickly so it was not a big deal. Additionally, the mist itself is similar to what you would typically get from a normal, cheap water mister that you can get from walmart or target. So it does mist, but I would make sure to spray it a little more than half an arm's length away from your face.

This did help my makeup stay on for longer than usual. It was especially helpful for my eyeliner, the tip of which usually disappears by the middle of the day. My eye makeup held perfectly. Additionally, my blush held perfectly too, and my face looked fresh and satiny throughout most of the day. Unfortunately, my nose did end up getting a little oily about 5-6 hours in, but I think that's long enough.

NYX does have a "dewy finish" setting spray, but I think this "matte finish" one makes for a satiny(between dewy and matte) finish anyway, so I have no clue how the other one will turn out.

3/5 Not "matte", but closer to "satin/dewy" finish unlike what the label says. Initially smells weird, and could have a better mister. Does the job, easy to use, and is cheap.

Would recommend for someone starting out or not wanting to dish out the extra $$ for a better setting spray.
Would buy again. There are better out there, but since it works well enough, can't beat the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Doesn't extend the wear of my makeup as much as I'd hoped. The nozzle doesn't create a very fine mist, so be sure to hold the bottle pretty far away from your face or you will get full droplets of the product all over your face. Not a terrible setting spray, but I will probably buy Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by LilaMerc

Love it!
This is the first review I've written here--this is also the first setting spray I've tried. I have quite dry but also quite oily skin, continual acne, and I wear makeup every day. I did my research and decided to give it it a go.

I did NOT love this when used as a typical setting spray; when misted over my freshly applied makeup as directed, it gave me a halfway-nice velvety feel but somehow made me look instantly shiny even though I blotted off the excess, and it also gave my once-natural-looking makeup a sort of tackiness.

HOWEVER, the directions also state it can be used as a refresher for in the middle of the day, and THAT is where I found my miracle!! Because I have such problems balancing and controlling my dryness and oiliness, I'm constantly fretting over my makeup once it gets to be about 4 to 6 hours old. A couple sprays of this stuff followed by blotting the excess, a teensy dust of power and dots of concealer as needed and my yucky mess is turned as fresh and flawless as it looked at the beginning of the day! This product was everything I was looking for: something that was super quick and easy that completely "fixed" my mid-day mess.

I also like the scent; to me it's sort of fresh and floral and just slightly makeup-y, and doesn't last long at all. Packaging is great. I'm happy I found it! Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WONDERFUL! I love this spray. I use it (since it's cheap) as an everyday setting spray. It makes mineral-y and powdery cake face turn into nice, clean, finished perfection and keeps my face from getting shiny.

PROS:
- Inexpensive
- Works well!
- Visually appealing packaging

CONS:
- doesn't last as long as more expensive brands (but that's okay, just save those for special occasions!)
- bad smell (husband says it stinks, but it goes away quickly, I think it just needs to dry)

Use it for everyday! Why not, since it's such a great deal?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always used mineral waters or tonics to spray after applying makeup to set it but also as a touch up. I found this at a beauty supply store for around 8 dollars in the middle of the day and so I sprayed it and instantly my makeup looked refreshed and the matte look wasn't overly dry looking. I have very oily skin and I found this to help with not having to apply powder mid-day to combat too much shine.

I think the only thing I would like is if the spray was a finer mist. I'm still waiting to see if this causes any breakouts and if it does, you can be sure I'll be revising my review.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This spray was great! I picked it up at a 50% off NYX products at Ulta so I only paid about $7 (regularly $12.99) and I would have paid full price for it had I knew how great it was. It really did keep my makeup in place and kept my shine under control for an entire shift at work (4am-1pm) and my makeup looked as nice as when I first applied the spray to set my makeup. It's great I really like it alot. It doesn't have a strong scent and it doesn't have a drying effect so that's a few pluses. It comes in a black bottle and looks ok. I'm getting ready to purchase my 2nd bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first experience with a setting spray and, for the money, I'll stick with it. I use this after applying all my powder makeup -- Studio Fix Powder w/Foundation, eye shadow and blush. I spray this on (shake well first) and blot the wet spots, per the instructions. Then, I apply my mascara, brow pencil and lip makeup. I decided to give it a try after watching Wayne Goss apply a full-coverage layer of Studio Fix Powder with a damp brush, creating a super-matte surface, then using a setting spray to cut the matte -- and that's what this spray does. I got the matte spray instead of the dewy because my skin is so oily, I can do "dewy" with no help from a product. I gave it only five lippies because the mist needs to be much, much finer. When I spray it, I can feel mist on parts of my face and drops on others. NYX needs to use a finer spray nozzle so that your face is misted and not wet. But, like I said, for the price, I'd definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by kcarrion

My first setting spray, this stuff wasn't sticky, sprayed on well, no scent. It didn't really have a completely matte finish but instead a slightly dewy one, but it wasn't shiny at all. It kept my makeup in place for about 6 hours, then I started to get fairly greasy around the nose area. So I'd say this product would work for a night out, or short amount of time, but definitely not all day. You would for sure have to touch up midday, which kinda defeats the purpose of a setting spray.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by KirbiTannis

I'd never tried a setting spray before, but I've been liking a lot of other NYX products I've used, so I thought I'd give this a shot. Unfortunately I feel like this did next to nothing for me. I have combination skin that's pretty clear most of the time, but my nose in particular gets very oily throughout the day. I've been trying to stay away from powders because of the heavy finish they tend to leave, but after using this spray I think I'm better off with the powders. I tried using a combination of powder and the spray and it de-mattified my face and left it worse off than if I had used neither. I still use it, just hoping one day it'll magically start working wonders. It doesn't make me break out or any other major negative effects, so I'll at least finish this bottle, but am going to try something else next time.