July 25, 2014 | 1908 users online

Eyeliner - Jordana - 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

These are soooo pigmented! They do stay put pretty well, but are hard to sharpen super sharp. They are also not super easy to find. But these look every bit as dramatic as liquid liner, & doing the "tape method" for the perfect cat eye these are ideal. Black is extremely black, not at all grey. Jordana is a great brand!! I can find these only at walgreens, but kmart does carry some Jordana makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by 826nessa

Extremely pigmented, glides on smoothly, stays put!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

Wow, this is the first eyeliner I have ever used that has stayed put on my water line. Through Florida humidity, laughing so hard I cry, bugs flying in my eye, this stuff doesn't budge. It's so affordable and goes on smoothly as well. I got the green and purple (I'm riding in the car , so I don't currently have the names of the shades I got) and they make my hazel eyes pop!!!! Will be purchasing more colors as soon as I am at Walgreens again. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by confooseddesi608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple months now and I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet! I heartily recommend this product, and am grateful I found it!

DUPE ALERT: This is (from my limited experience) a good dupe for Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil, NYX Slide On Pencil, and L'oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Eye Pencil, with regards to pigmentation, endurance, and texture.

Bottom line: This is a cheap pencil that provides intense pigmentation and long-lasting color.

This is going to be a long review, so skip down to the end to "Pros" and "Cons" to get the summary.

Cost: This retails in pharmacies for about $2.49 USD for 0.04 oz, depending on where you live. It runs out more quickly than I'd like, so it isn't an amazing bargain; however, when consider similar eyeliners retail for far more, I think it's a bargain!

Availability: This is one of the huge cons . . . it is quite difficult to find. So far that I've found in the NYC area, only Walgreens/Duane Reades carry it; and only SOME of these stores carry it. Maybe it is more available in other U.S. locations? (If you're around this area, the Walgreens in New City, New York and West Nyack, New York, carry this product; as does the Duane Reade located in the Port Authority bus terminal at 40th st in New York City.) If you can't find it in the store, you can certainly find it on eBay, etc., but with a price markup and/or shipping charges.

Packaging and Ease of Use: This is a basic eyeliner pencil, shrink-wrapped so you know no one else has used it. It requires sharpening--yuck--but if you get a good sharpener, this burden is lifted significantly. I recommend Grindhouse by Urban Decay--at $10 USD, it is pricy for a sharpener, but it is worth the reduced headache! I can get a near point on this pencil with this sharpener, which is a miracle because it is so creamy. Unfortunately, if you want precision (which I do), you will need to sharpen it before each use. Thus I'm not too bummed that it requires sharpening; an automatic pencil would be too blunt for me (and is probably unrealistic because of the ultra creamy formula).

Texture: This is essentially a cream/gel eyeliner in pencil form. It is very creamy, and just glides onto skin. Think Urban Decay Glide-On pencils (which I only tested in Sephora, too pricy for this girl). Because it is so creamy and deposits so much pigment, however, it needs frequent sharpening, booo!

Pigmentation: This is in regards to "Black Point," which is (duh) black. I'm talking deep, intense, opaque, BLACK. None of that gray or watery nonsense. One swipe is enough for intense, pigmented color.

Endurance: Holy moly. Jordana, where have you been all of my life??? I only use Black Point, but once I swipe it on and wait about 30 seconds, IT. DOES. NOT. BUDGE. It is thus diffcult, but not impossible, to remove. However, I have oily eyelids so if I don't keep my eyes still for enough time, I will get very slight smudges (so I guess it budges a teeny weeny bit?). In order to remove it at the end of the day, I use extra virgin coconut oil, which is excellent at slicing through my makeup, even my intense, long-lasting Jordana eye liner. (Weirdly enough, it is easier to correct mistakes and to remove the Jordana than L'oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner . . . the latter of which SMUDGES. I wouldn't expect something that's more smudge-resistant to be easier to remove!)

Shades: Again, I only use Black Point, which is a deep, intense black. It also comes in Espresso Last (deep brown), Charcoal Definition (gray), Purple Fix (purple, of course), Aqua Stone (sky blue), and Jade Jewel (emerald). I've uploaded a picture of the shades swatched on skin (borrowed from someone else's beauty blog).

Jordana's product description:

Intense, Instant Color Eyeliner that is Made to Last
Smooth-Gliding Pencil For Precise Application
Long-Lasting (Up to 12 hour wear)
Water & Transfer Resistant
Sharpens with Deluxe Sharpener
Paraben-Free
Made in USA

Tips and Tricks
Begin applying a thin line from the inner to the outer corner of your eyelid along your upper or lower lash line.

Ingredients: (ALSO POSTED UP TOP) Isododecane, Synthetic Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19 /19 Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate / Polyhydroxystearate / Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-D-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tin Oxide,
Tocopherol.+/-May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470), Carbon Black (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides (CI 77492).

PROS AND CONS

Pros:
Very cheap!
Long lasting
Easy to apply (pencil form)
Deep, intense color (Black Point)
No smudging
Several colors available

Cons:
Could be more shades
Needs frequent sharpening
Does not sharpen to real point
Runs out somewhat quickly
So hard to find!

Please upvote if you find this helpful! :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am always on the lookout for another reasonably priced eyeliner. I heard about Jordana Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner pencil on youtube and then read the reviews here. I bought one from amazon.com for about five and a half dollars. This eyeliner retails for $2.49, but I wasn't sure which drugstores carry it. Now I have learned that Walgreens does carry this product.

I am not easily impressed, but this eyeliner is absolutely a gem! I bought it in Espresso Lost, which is a beautiful dark brown. Just the shade of brown I wanted. It's very soft and goes on like a dream, so smoothly. I wanted an eyeliner that would last on the waterline, but that wouldn't be hard to apply. Allergies make my eyes watery, red and irritated. This eyeliner is great for the waterline and also for tightlining. If you want to blend it out, then you have to work fast because it sets quickly. This eyeliner will not budge! I wore it all day and didn't have to reapply. I also used it on my upper eyelid and through force of habit I set it with a dark brown eye shadow. But the second time I wore it, I skipped the eye shadow. It stayed perfectly all day on the upper eyelid!

I was concerned about having trouble removing this eyeliner, but my oil-based Bi-Facil eye makeup remover did the job. I am just blown away by an eyeliner that is so cheap in price, yet does the job well. The only slight problem is that you have to sharpen this eyeliner frequently to get a good point. I liked it so much that I ran out to my local Walgreen's and picked up another Espresso Lost and Black Point. I wanted to see if the black might replace my MAC Feline kohl eyeliner. It performed equally well. Intense black on the waterline that stayed all day.

I want to be clear that this review is just for the Espresso Lost and Black Point. I can't speak for how the other colors perform. I am really happy to find a quality eyeliner at a great price that works even better than many other more expensive ones. This is a great buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for 01 Black Point.

I used this on my upper lid and it started to fade after 5 hours. After about 7 you could see it smudging a bit and I don't have oily lids. Nice, dark color payoff though.

Overall, it's not awful it just doesn't seem to last 12 hours. Since there are better options out there at reasonable prices, I won't be repurchasing. Still love Jordana though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by SStar777

I love these eyeliner so much that not only I bougth all six shades that they come in but also purchased extra of each shade to stock them up. Awesome, just get them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in brown and black (I can't remember exact names - espresso maybe?) I LOVE for tightlinging and doing my water line. It is perfect! Does not budge! It is very creamy and soft and doesn't hurt and applies easily. The point is a little too blunt for like a wing or something you need precision for. I don't do a lot of eyeliner looks though so maybe someone with more practice could. Can't say enough about how much I love this though!!! And it was like $2 or $3 - gotta love that!

Edit: taking off a lippie - hard to sharpen

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Vaintelle

This is my HG eyeliner. I love the idea of a liquid eyeliner in the form of a pencil- it's so convenient and easy to use! I bought the eyeliner in Point Black (I had to visit Walgreen a couple of times because Point Black gets sold out really fast) and it's absolutely amazing! The formula is so creamy and stays on my eyelid without smudging! I can also use it on my waterline and the eyeliner doesn't bleed out! My only complain is that the eyeliner finishes up in about 2 weeks (I wore it daily though) so I usually have to stock up on them. To create a perfectly winged eyeliner, I first apply the liquid eyeliner pencil on my eyes and outline it with Jordana Fabuliner for that bold, dramatic look. I would recommend this eyeliner to everyone! Jordana's liquid eyeliner pencil is even better than my HE eyeliners, which I won't be buying anymore. And the price- holy fudge, you can't beat that! Only $4 for this drugstore gem!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really impressed with the lasting power of these pencils. The outside corners of my eyes water badly, especially in cold winter wind, so I usually avoid putting any product on my lower lashline because it always smudges in the corner and makes it look unfinished. However, today I was able to get a full 14 hours wear on the bottom lashline without any corner smudging. This is more than I can say for any of the UD pencils I've tried, which cost about 10 times more. The colours are also insanely pigmented. The purple is one of the only true purple liners that goes on boldly and doesn't turn muddy, and the light aqua one is really incredible pigmentation-wise.

There are a couple of cons with this liner, but I can deal with them. I too wear contacts and if I use this on my waterline, it makes my lenses cloudy. Also, I'm not a fan of pencils you have to sharpen, as it's messy and wastes product. However, as these are so inexpensive, it's not a big deal like it is with more expensive pencils (ya hear me, UD?).

There's not a huge range of colours, but each is quite different from the next and can be used to create totally different looks, unlike some companies that have 6 or seven shades of the same colour that look very similar or identical once applied. I have all the coloured versions of these pencils, now I just need the regular black one.

Fun fact, though it's not an intended use at all, these also make fantastic weird coloured lipsticks. I was in need of a metallic green lip once and didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a good lipstick in a colour I would only use once, so I exfoliated, applied the eyeliner all over my lips, let set for a minutes, topped with a balm and clear gloss, and it actually lasted amazingly well.