September 22, 2014 | 1963 users online

Eyeliner - Jordana - 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this liner in espresso and the purple. I find the formula of these two a little different. Espresso is great. It's a rich brown. I have no complaints with the performance. Lasts all day and is very easy to apply. I've been tight lining my eyes with this every day for weeks and it puts my other liners to shame. The purple however is less impressive. It's not easily recognizable as purple. Looks a lot darker. Almost black. And it doesn't last as long as the espresso. I did experience purple running in the corner of my eye while the espresso holds up. In both cases, these liners need to be sharpened for every use and applied with light pressure or else it clumps in lashes. I paid under $4 at Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by beastandthebeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this first, but then I learned how to use it. Some pointers:
- I keep this in my fridge, and find it easier to apply and sharpen when its cold.
- Do not press hard when applying, because it will clump into lashes and skip. Use a very light hand.
-Needs to be sharpend frequently, so keep backups.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by laraheartsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF IS FANTASTIC. If you're still paying $20 for UD pencils, you need to try these. For $2, they're just as creamy and pigmented as the expensive stuff. Seriously, my HG eyeliner. They're hard to find, but I get them at my local Walgreens.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Living in the UK we do not access to brands such as Jordana, after rave reviews I ordered a few items from Jordana and decided to test one of the eyeliners in Purple fix. It's ok but has far to much glitter in it for my liking. It does stay in place on oily eyelids, on its own for about 3-4 hours but longer when used on top of a primer/eye shadow combo. I used it in my waterline to and it was OK. Good pencil but a lot of other brands have the same colour and performance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Jordana let me say I Love you, but this product failed. it failed as bas as rimmel scandalous waterproof eyeliner : it smears like no tomorrow. avoid :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

She endlessly wanders the dim isles of the corner drugstore searching for the blackest of black. Oh man she wonders Is there anything out here that will help me achieve the elusive perfect cat eye. Not only that , but one that will result in rich color and long wearing ? Yes, yes there is, and it's by Jordana. I have never came across an eye liner that applies blackest of the black and doesn't budge. Swiping it across my hand the rich creaminess had me doubtful. No way can this last...I was wrong. I had to forcefully rub my hand swatch to even budge it. Removing it from my eye with a makeup wipe was a dream and it didn't streak across my satisfied face.
Pros: super creamy
Super black
Water-resistant
Long wear.

Cons: you have to sharpen it. ( this isn't a huge deal to me because it's so creamy I use my angled eyeliner brush sweep it across the pencil, then apply)

Going to pick up the beautiful colorful ones as well.
*update*
Been wearing this everyday and still completely satisfied. When wearing winged eyeliner with previous eyeliners, the wing would disappear/smear off by mid day. This stays put all day, this combined with jordana best lash, results in incredibly sexy eyes. Love this stuff. Easier to apply with the angled brush though than the pencil alone.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

These are soooo pigmented! They do stay put pretty well, but are hard to sharpen super sharp. They are also not super easy to find. But these look every bit as dramatic as liquid liner, & doing the "tape method" for the perfect cat eye these are ideal. Black is extremely black, not at all grey. Jordana is a great brand!! I can find these only at walgreens, but kmart does carry some Jordana makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by 826nessa

Extremely pigmented, glides on smoothly, stays put!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

Wow, this is the first eyeliner I have ever used that has stayed put on my water line. Through Florida humidity, laughing so hard I cry, bugs flying in my eye, this stuff doesn't budge. It's so affordable and goes on smoothly as well. I got the green and purple (I'm riding in the car , so I don't currently have the names of the shades I got) and they make my hazel eyes pop!!!! Will be purchasing more colors as soon as I am at Walgreens again. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by confooseddesi608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple months now and I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet! I heartily recommend this product, and am grateful I found it!

DUPE ALERT: This is (from my limited experience) a good dupe for Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil, NYX Slide On Pencil, and L'oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Eye Pencil, with regards to pigmentation, endurance, and texture.

Bottom line: This is a cheap pencil that provides intense pigmentation and long-lasting color.

This is going to be a long review, so skip down to the end to "Pros" and "Cons" to get the summary.

Cost: This retails in pharmacies for about $2.49 USD for 0.04 oz, depending on where you live. It runs out more quickly than I'd like, so it isn't an amazing bargain; however, when consider similar eyeliners retail for far more, I think it's a bargain!

Availability: This is one of the huge cons . . . it is quite difficult to find. So far that I've found in the NYC area, only Walgreens/Duane Reades carry it; and only SOME of these stores carry it. Maybe it is more available in other U.S. locations? (If you're around this area, the Walgreens in New City, New York and West Nyack, New York, carry this product; as does the Duane Reade located in the Port Authority bus terminal at 40th st in New York City.) If you can't find it in the store, you can certainly find it on eBay, etc., but with a price markup and/or shipping charges.

Packaging and Ease of Use: This is a basic eyeliner pencil, shrink-wrapped so you know no one else has used it. It requires sharpening--yuck--but if you get a good sharpener, this burden is lifted significantly. I recommend Grindhouse by Urban Decay--at $10 USD, it is pricy for a sharpener, but it is worth the reduced headache! I can get a near point on this pencil with this sharpener, which is a miracle because it is so creamy. Unfortunately, if you want precision (which I do), you will need to sharpen it before each use. Thus I'm not too bummed that it requires sharpening; an automatic pencil would be too blunt for me (and is probably unrealistic because of the ultra creamy formula).

Texture: This is essentially a cream/gel eyeliner in pencil form. It is very creamy, and just glides onto skin. Think Urban Decay Glide-On pencils (which I only tested in Sephora, too pricy for this girl). Because it is so creamy and deposits so much pigment, however, it needs frequent sharpening, booo!

Pigmentation: This is in regards to "Black Point," which is (duh) black. I'm talking deep, intense, opaque, BLACK. None of that gray or watery nonsense. One swipe is enough for intense, pigmented color.

Endurance: Holy moly. Jordana, where have you been all of my life??? I only use Black Point, but once I swipe it on and wait about 30 seconds, IT. DOES. NOT. BUDGE. It is thus diffcult, but not impossible, to remove. However, I have oily eyelids so if I don't keep my eyes still for enough time, I will get very slight smudges (so I guess it budges a teeny weeny bit?). In order to remove it at the end of the day, I use extra virgin coconut oil, which is excellent at slicing through my makeup, even my intense, long-lasting Jordana eye liner. (Weirdly enough, it is easier to correct mistakes and to remove the Jordana than L'oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner . . . the latter of which SMUDGES. I wouldn't expect something that's more smudge-resistant to be easier to remove!)

Shades: Again, I only use Black Point, which is a deep, intense black. It also comes in Espresso Last (deep brown), Charcoal Definition (gray), Purple Fix (purple, of course), Aqua Stone (sky blue), and Jade Jewel (emerald). I've uploaded a picture of the shades swatched on skin (borrowed from someone else's beauty blog).

Jordana's product description:

Intense, Instant Color Eyeliner that is Made to Last
Smooth-Gliding Pencil For Precise Application
Long-Lasting (Up to 12 hour wear)
Water & Transfer Resistant
Sharpens with Deluxe Sharpener
Paraben-Free
Made in USA

Tips and Tricks
Begin applying a thin line from the inner to the outer corner of your eyelid along your upper or lower lash line.

Ingredients: (ALSO POSTED UP TOP) Isododecane, Synthetic Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19 /19 Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate / Polyhydroxystearate / Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-D-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tin Oxide,
Tocopherol.+/-May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470), Carbon Black (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides (CI 77492).

PROS AND CONS

Pros:
Very cheap!
Long lasting
Easy to apply (pencil form)
Deep, intense color (Black Point)
No smudging
Several colors available

Cons:
Could be more shades
Needs frequent sharpening
Does not sharpen to real point
Runs out somewhat quickly
So hard to find!

Please upvote if you find this helpful! :o)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No