Alterna hemp seed thickening compound

3.8

I use this product for days when I'm not doing anything special with my hair. The positive is it makes my hair super soft. But that's about it. I have really really really thin hair. This did not thicken it. It also wouldn't hold any style on it's own.

My friend who has very thin hair always uses this product and she swears by it. She has been complaining recently that Alterna has discontinued its Hemp line, and she couldn't find anything else that could replace this product and be as wonderful as this one is.
I just found it online, and it looks like Alterna Hemp line is now back in stock: http://www.fashionandbeautystore.com/alterna-hemp-haircare.html

on 5/21/2012 7:23:00 PM

I like this, I wouldn't say it's "omg I couldn't live without it" type product, but I think it helps give my hair a little extra "ooph." When I want volume I use this first with wet hair with a round brush, then once my hair is dry I use Osis+ Dust It. It makes my limp fine hair have a little more hold/firmer. I feel it makes my hair keep it's volume/curl better. I bought a huge size one on ebay for fairly cheap, it lasts a while. I just wish it had a nice smell too it

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This product was a real let-down for me! I was so excited to go out and buy it because Tiffany D had said that it was one of her favorites. I also have long, fine, limp hair like hers, so I decided it was worth a shot. I am confused as to how I should apply this product. I have put it straight to my roots and all-over, as well. However, nothing I do gives my hair any more volume than I normally have. DISAPPOINTMENT :(

on 12/27/2010 1:25:00 AM

I also bought this at Trade Secret for 75% off..(I believe I paid $4.75 for it).
I plan to go and pick up a back-up- I really like this! It gives you a little boost of body, without feeling sticky or stiff, it's almost like a smoothing product. Once you put it in you don't even know it's there, and there's no sticky residue on your hands. I picked this up because I saw Makeup By TiffanyD on You Tube using it and said it was one of her favorites.

on 12/8/2010 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I have shoulder length fine blonde hair, but lots of it. I had been using a concoction of Pureology Root Lift and Aveda Smooth Infusion after shampooing, but this product seems to be all I need. I worked it into the roots underneath and then very lightly through my hair when damp. I blew dry and then put up the sides as usual in a couple of velcro rollers. When I woke up this morning it would shiny, bouncy with lots of healthy looking volume. Just as good as any of the root boosters I've used including Pureology, Aveda, John Frieda etc. The bonus part is that this in no way dries out my hair or matifies it. I like my hair to look shiny. P.S. Stole it from Trade Secrets for about $5 on their 75% off sale. They are discontinuing the line.

on 7/5/2007 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product worked really well on my hair when I was pregnant but now I'm not, I don't find it any use at all. Like someone else said, it gives a bit of volume but if you're looking for va va voom, try something else. (I will repurchase if I ever decide to get pregnant again!)

on 12/13/2004 9:28:00 AM

I love this product. It is not designed to make your hair big and poofy, but to give it slightly more volume/bounce and a nice gentle set to your style. It is probably best for those with normal to fine (not super-fine) hair thickness. The smell is great and you don't need a whole bunch of it. Yes, it is expensive, but watch for deals on ebay and other on-line sellers.

on 9/27/2004 4:34:00 PM

Awesome product! Made my hair soft, full and shiny. I think it is a miracle in a bottle!

on 6/14/2004 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Did absolutely NOTHING for my fine, limp hair. If anything, it just kept it fine and limp. Another Alterna disappointment...$$$$$!!

Popular Styling Products