December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - LE BLANC Light Revealing Brightening Makeup Base SPF30

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sold on this as a base for makeup. Doesn't seem to do much for me. But I love it as a highlighter for cheeks, nose and brows on top of foundation. Gives a nice delicate healthy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by matty6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this chanel makeup base and use it all the time. I will also use it without foundation it really helps to hide little imperfections in your skin and also gives your skin a natural glow. It makes my foundation stay on longer and has an spf 30. It is my holy grill for makeup bases.
When you first put it on it has a very slight color but within a couple of minutes it is gone and all you'll see is luminosity and a glow. I highly recommend this makeup base.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the products I'll make sure my makeup bag will ALWAYS have. I am a full convert to this base and I don't think I'll ever use another base like it. It really gives a glowing-from-within look when you apply it then put on a BB cream or foundation AND it doesn't give a cakey look. It's non-comedogenic and doesn't give off an oily look in the middle of the day. I love love LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I just got this product yesterday, and I already love it! The lady at the Chanel counter applied it on my under eye area yesterday, followed by some concealer and it wore really well throughout the day. I put on the same thing today myself and got equally good results.
My concealer did not sink into my wrinkles, I mean fine lines, at all. It also really brightened the area. I love it! And knowing it has SPF to protect my skin makes me feel great, too!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm jumping on the bandwagon with the previous reviewers, and also thank them for their thoughts on this product. I first saw it on Café Makeup, and though it sounded like a winner for my somewhat pasty, blotchy complexion, so I took the plunge. Yup, this is some great stuff. I apply it over my usual Vitamin C serum topped by a light moisturizer (I tried the product without moisturizer underneath, and it did not work--it was difficult to apply and sank into my pores), and a very small amount is enough to cover my whole face--slightly less than dime-sized. It's a somewhat watery (but not overly so) light pink fluid that's easy to apply smoothly. I let it sit for a few minutes before I apply my foundation (usually Edward Bess Ultra Dewy Complexion Perfector). It evens my skin out a bit and gives a lovely, lit-from-within glow (although it is not shimmery) that is not pink, just pretty. It wears well all day and removes easily. The bottle is compact in classic Chanel style, and it's easy to really shake it up prior to application, which is essential because of the sunscreen (broad-spectrum SPF 30!). It is expensive, but I use such a tiny amount that it's going to go a long way. I wouldn't recommend this for oily skins as it is somewhat moisturizing, and younger skins probably don't need it because you have your own glow, but if you're older and feeling like your makeup needs a little something extra, try this. You'll be pleased. I would repurchase.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LeslieCZ is absolutely correct. This base is truly a miracle maker.

I use Chanel Light Lumiere as a foundation and I have tried it both with and without Le Blanc underneath and there is a huge difference. Without it, the redness in my skin shows through my foundation, my skin looks less alive, the shadows on my face stand out a bit more, and my fine lines show up more. Also, I am a cream blush lover because I find that it looks the most like skin when it's on and it really gives a youthful glow when done right. I have had the hardest time applying it though no matter what I use - a good brush or my fingers - until I started using Le Blanc under my foundation. That truly does the trick and then some. So if you love cream blush but find it hard to work with because you have redness in your skin, use this under your foundation and prepare to be amazed.

There is just something very luminous and dewy and radiant about my complexion with this stuff. Also, my skin is on the combination side so I find when I use this I do not need to use moisturizer (except under my eyes) because it is moisturizing enough on its own. It also contains SPF so I don't have to use an additional SPF with this unless I'm planning on being out in some hardcore sun all day.

I really think this product not only makes your skin look younger than it is, but it makes you beautiful for you, at your age now. I wonder what I would have looked like if I had used this in my 20s. Probably like a walking Photoshopped picture :)

The ONLY thing I don't like about this product, other than how expensive it is (but I am willing to pay for it if it works) is that it uses chemical sunscreen. Ensulizole, octinoxate and the cancer causing titanium dioxide, which is the larger percentage of the three. I have just not been able to find a sunscreen for my face though that uses all natural ingredients that doesn't make me look like an oil slicked ghost. If I really want to avoid the cancerous stuff, I need to use pure zinc oxide and that won't work under make-up.

So... what can you do? At least Chanel doesn't test on animals so this product has that going for it, other than its obvious gorgeousness.

FYI, the way I found out about this product, which I would not have bought otherwise or thought was worth pursuing, is a Chanel make-up artist turned me on to it. She swore by it and told me I had to get this stuff so I took her advice. She was so right.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I am 65 with VERY dry skin and this creates a beautiful, flawless base with a lovely radiant glow, evens my skin tone, keeps my parched skin hydrated all day, minimizes wrinkles and has broad spectrum SPF30. I use it over serum and moisturizer and under makeup. I will buy it again and again. It's my new favorite primer and I am a primer junkie and have tried tons of them! If you're dry or blotchy, I'd highly recommend giving this a try.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No