Cover FX Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Acne Treatment

2.9

For those of you that think a primer can perform miracles and keep oily skin matte, think again. A product can only do so much on it's own. Unless you are lucky and have found the perfect formula for your skin. I have oily/combination skin and battle with shine most of the day this primer does a good job of decreasing the need to blot or powder. It is another quality product from Cover FX that is kind to your skin, does not break you out and free of the inflammatory five. It is not going to cure acne, don't expect it to. But it should not exasperate it either. I have not broken out since using this. I alternate between this and the anti-aging primer depending on the condition of my skin at the time and am equally happy with both.

Makeup applies beautifully over this primer, absolutely no complaints at all. It is a bit pricey, but worth it to me. It is a high quality product and despite it's clear gel like appearance, it does not feel like the oily slippery silicone primers I've tested out (Smashbox...).

This is the only primer I've ever used up and repurchased. It does a decent job of keeping the oilies at bay but not completely. It does not break me out and definitely prolongs the wear of my foundation. Wish the cost was a little lower

Does nothing. Zilch. Nada. You may as well smooth air across your t-zone and hope it'll somehow magically work. Pores are still huge, nose and forehead still oily, no worse than before, but not even a touch better. A worthless product that is crazy overpriced. And such a good idea, too--I'm honestly disappointed, because a primer the contains salicylic acid makes a lot of "hey, why didn't anyone think of that before?" sense to me.

The only good thing I can say about this product is that the packaging is good. They stuck to the thin-spout tube, which works perfectly for products like primer where you only want to squirt out a tiny dot. Not reinventing the wheel, sticking with what's proven and works. This is pretty hollow praise, though, because the product is garbage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been through 2 deluxe samples of this and it has separated every time. If I'm going to pay this much for a primer, I'd better not have to knead the tube every time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This didn't really help with my acne, even though I went through 3 bottles. I stuck with it because I didn't research enough about primers. It tingles a little bit when I put it on, which didn't bother me at first, but probably meant it was irritating. Helped control oil a little bit. Not really an amazing product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this primer! I’ve been using it for about a week and it mattifies my oil slick face very well. I use it under the Diorskin Nude Air or Nars Tinted Moisturizer and it works longer than most primers. I’ve come to accept that I will never be TRULY matte all day long, especially since I don’t prefer the “matte look”, I like a natural finish.

This does keep my oil at bay well enough that I only have to blot once or twice a day which is no big deal. I even got over the fact that it’s one of those clear, silicone-feeling formulas (I prefer lotion type primers). I haven’t noticed it clearing up my face but maybe I just haven’t used it long enough. I’ve loved every product I’ve used from Cover FX so they’re worth every penny to me, will repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Doing noting. It doesn't break me out. But it can't control the oiliness. Then, what's the point of using this primer? Luckily I bought just the sample from Sephora. Better not to use primer at all than putting this thing on your face. It just doing NOTHING. Stick to Hourglass Veil primer then

Love this stuff. Makes my makeup stay all day and does not irritate it (I have combination/oily sensitive skin). I pair it with Cover Fx Pressed Mineral Foundation and they have been my go-to every day makeup, ever since I quit buying crappy pore-clogging MAC makeup.

Keep in mind guys - this is not a miracle worker. You have to wash your face and moisturize with the proper things before using priming your face. It does not absorb oil. But if your skin is balanced by your cleanser, this is a great product.

This primer keeps me from breaking out, but does not have so much salicylic acid in it that it dries me out. I am not oily (pretty normal/dry) so it works great for me. Most acne control things dry me out. This, I repeat, does not. As far as priming goes, I mix it with two other drugstore primers (garnier and maybelline baby skin) and the result is great. Makes a little of this pricey stuff go a long way, as well. The result is smooth, matte skin with reduced pore appearance.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This primer is awful. I have combination skin with a very oily t zone. I applied this primer with nars sheer matte foundation and this primer made me more oily after using. Thanks for nothing will never buy again.

Popular Primer/ Correctors