November 25, 2014 | 1741 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cover FX - Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Acne Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by LBrewer001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is awful. I have combination skin with a very oily t zone. I applied this primer with nars sheer matte foundation and this primer made me more oily after using. Thanks for nothing will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by elidee14

Why does this primer have the word "Mattifying" in it? The first time i applied this product i applied way too much and i got oily. The second time i applied it i used it sparingly and i still got oily. This primer did not break me out. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by krrissten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After really liking the MUFE HD primer, I had high hopes for this primer, as the only thing I wished was even just slightly better about the HD was its oil control, and that's what this product is aimed at. I feel like I need a ton to cover my small face, and the texture feels greasy, not in a silicone/mattifying way. It in no way reduced my oily skin or pore size, and I noticed nothing regarding acne. Purchased from Murale and their return policy is kind of awful, meaning I'm left with this less-than-pleasing primer.

Packaging also looks like prescription acne medication. Not repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Liked the thicker consistency of thus primer, however this did not reduce the appearance of my pores in any way, nor did it contol or reduce my shine. See no benefit to using it, so will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got 2 deluxe samples with my Sephora points because I have been looking for a new primer and I really like this one a lot. I find the gel consistency very nice and light. I shake the tube before I squeeze out about a pea size amount is all you really need. I apply mostly to where my foundation slides off my t-zone area. This makes my Mufe F&B last and my pores are invisible plus I didn't get shiny. I wore it for a good 7 hours with great results before I washed my face my skin looked flawless. I think because it's a gel it works well with water based foundations.

Also it worked with my L`oreal Magic Nude and MAC F&B so far an I used a creme concealer with no issues at all. So for me I like this because it doesn't pill with my moisturizers and it gives me a great canvass to work with. I do think this would work well for Oily to Combo skin. Dry skin I think it would make it a little too dry because of the mattifying properties in this primer. If your like me and have some pores showing and get shiny this will work great in holding your foundation. Once I run out of these I will be buying the full size because in the summer this will be beyond fantastic for my skin because now it produces oil but in the summer it's so much worse. So I'm stoked to have found this. Totally Recommended!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on the recommendation of the SA at Shoppers. I was looking for a primer and had a list of ones I wanted to check out, none of them very expensive, but of course she steered me to this one, which was very expensive, saying if I didn't like it I could bring it back. Of course I didn't get around to taking it back. I don't have acne - I just have normal/oily skin with medium size pores on my nose area and congestion on my chin and nose. Before my 50's I had oily skin with a shine issue that even professional make up artists couldn't control! (From my stage/performance days).

The product comes out wet and messy - there's been a separation from the gel. When you open the cap wet drips come flying out, then some gel if you squeeze the tube. It does have a pleasant smell tho.

Can't say that this primer did much in the way of anything at all to improve the look or behaviour of my skin. I'm in my 50's and I still got oily breakthrough and shine within hours (sigh), didn't notice any superior improvement in the texture or look of my skin and didn't notice any overall benefits, which this product is supposed to produce over time. In fact, it seemed to contribute to blackheads and congestion.

I persevered and used it up so I could get rid of it as quick as possible and move on to the primers that do work for me (DHC Velvet touch, and Smashbox Photo Finish). There's still a little left in the tube but I'm done with it. I put it on my desk before throwing it out so I would remember to write a review - overall verdict: expensive disappointment. Lesson: don't buy the expensive recommendations that SAs steer you towards without doing your homework.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by xoAlyssia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer is thick and doesn't help mattify at all for super oily skin. Cover fx is a good brand so I'm kind of disappointed in this primer! It has a lot of great stuff in it but it just doesn't work for super oily skin. It's really a shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by tlm6165

I love this primer. It is the first one (of way too many) that I have used that has not resulted in a breakout. My skin looks smooth and as close to pore-less as I've seen. I gave it only 4 lippies for the price because 1 oz is $38 - to me, that's high. Also the packaging is fine except for the stick on information label. Once you take it off, the stickiness stays on the product. Once I take some goo-gone to it, the packaging will be fine.