April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Skincare - Face - Sibu Beauty sea buckthorn seed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I'm on my second bottle and I have to say, I love this oil!
Pros: excellent moisturizing property; calms redness; prevents breakouts caused from flaky dry skin and clogged pores; great to mix in with hand moisturizer to give extra moisture

Cons: can run a little- doesn't absorb quickly; orange tint that fades; smell; wouldn't use it around eyes, as it runs.

All in all, a great product to add to moisturizer or use with nighttime products. I'm on my second bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by claratea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This saved my 30 yr old post birth control pill dry and yet broken out skin. It is the fastest absorbing oil I've ever used and I've used a lot. It it almost matte. Highly recommend for older acne sufferers. Smells weird at first, like bark, but you get used to it and I love it now. I buy it at the health food store but shopping channel.com and vita cost.com sell it a little cheaper. I wish it had a pump not a dropper but it does let me get all the product without any waste.

Also I must point out that after my success with this I looked at other sea buckthorn oil options that were cheaper and bigger bottles, and even though they said pure sea buckthorn oil the ingredients had a bunch of other stuff in there. Since I have no idea what will break me out I am sticking with the 100% sea buckthorn oil in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm skeptical when it comes to face products. I tried this one because it isn't supposed to cause breakouts. I can't use lotions because they ALWAYS cause little pinpoint whiteheads, so I use the oils instead. I really like this - no breakouts and my skin feels soft and moisturized. I combine this at night with Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate and so far I'm loving the results. For daytime, I moisturize with a dab of the SBSO under my foundation. So far, this is my go-to moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not averse to using skin oils but this sea buckthorn seed oil wasn't my favorite. First, the smell was off putting to me so I limited my use to nighttime before bed, but sometimes my hair would touch my face and absorb some of the oil up from my face and the next morning I could smell a lingering odor in my hair. My skin was hydrated and supple in the morning after using this, but not significantly much different from when I use argan oil. Also, I think I may have broken out from using too much at a time, so use it sparingly straight out of the container or mix a few drops with your moisturizer. Since I broke out after using this regularly on my face, I didn't try using this to treat my pimples so I can't comment on that. Right now I'm finishing up my bottle by mixing it with a body moisturizer for my arms and legs. I won't be repurchasing because I'm probably better off using sea buckthorn seed oil as part of a blend of several oils to dilute its strength, but YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I mix a drop of this oil into my nighttime facial cream, especially in the cold winter months. It gives added hydration and brightens my skin, leaving it supple and glowing the next morning. I suffer from major PCOS-related acne and I'm generally extremely acne-prone. I've never had any issues with getting clogged pores or zits from using this oil. The smell is very strong but dissipates once applied to your face. A small bottle lasts an extremely long time too. I think I've had my current bottle for a year and I only used half of it up so far. I get my sea buckthorn products online from Vitacost and iHerb because I can't find them locally. I think I paid around $12-15 for the tiny bottle, but again, it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

Like the other reviewers I am also a fan of this products. I was really afraid to use oil on my face for fear of clogged pores. I've tried Bio Oil for hydration and I feel like that may have clogged my pores and left my face a little too shiny and sticky. The Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn oil actually absorbs well into my skin. I also, daringly put some over top a busted pimple since the product claims to promotes skin recovery and healing (among other claims). Surprisingly, when I woke the next day it was significantly healed!

On a side note, the bright orange color of the oil doesn't seem to stain my face either. The smell is not citrus like I thought it would be. I already plan to buy this again before I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this oil so much! I've been here on the mua boards complainig about my skin which is normal to dry acne and clogged prone. I have been using retin a 0.25% for about a year. My skin stayed dry, rough, and i had tons of blackheads on my cheeks despite using retin a.. my face was like this for awhile until i bought the clarisonic, started using Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner and this oil. The biggest change was after i added this oil my clogs decreased dramatically and so did the acne. My skintone and texture looks way better too. This makes my makeup look better and last longer too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried oils in the past and some (argan, avocado) worked for me for a bit and still do, but only used on an occasional basis when I need an extra boost of hydration. Used regularly, I break out from these. I decided to try sea buckthorn oil after beginning a love affair with Weleda's sea buckthorn body wash. Like the body wash, the Sibu sea buckthorn oil is really rather fabulous. About four drops used right after washing my face twice a day is pretty much all the moisture I need. I might top it off with one of the oils or with CeraVe cream a couple of times a week if my face seems dry but that's it. I was worried that the oil (which is bright orange) would turn my face orange or rub off on clothes or sheets. It has not done either. It DOES give me a really nice glow and makes me look noticeably younger. I've now switched over to using Sibu's sea buckthorn eye cream as well and am very happy with my new, easy and MUCH cheaper routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this oil. It's very light and I've noticed that it brightens my skin and evens out my skin tone. I also dab it on any pimples I get and it speeds up the healing process. I have already repurchased this and will continue to do so.