Tatcha Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

4.4

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

I have always been curious about the skin care routines of women from all over the world, and that of the Geisha have always intrigued me. I would expect nothing less for a skin care routine that has been adopted for hundreds of years to treat the delicate skin of those intriguing women who have entertained the masses and have stirred the imaginations of many. Tatcha's Classic Rice Enzyme Powder has always been a product that I've been curious to apply, especially since I have been a massive fan of Fresh's Soy Cleanser for many years. I went out and purchased a travel size version of the product from Sephora and wanted to give this product well deserved try.

The packaging is impeccable. There is a small slide which holds the product in the container, as this proved to be invaluable for fear of using too much of the powder so that I would not use it up. For starters, you have to moisten you face very well in order for the powder to efficiently go on you face, otherwise it will cake up and not lather up as well. A teaspoon is all you need of the product. Moisten you hands with the power, rub gently until it lathers up and wash your face. The packaging says that you wash you face for 20 seconds, and that's honestly all it takes. When I rinse my face off, it feels incredibly clean...almost too clean at times.

In the three weeks that I have used this product (and yes a travel sized product lasts this long), the texture of my skin has improved dramatically. With my oily/combination skin, it has initially caused me to break out, but my face cleared up immensely within a week- it's all the impurities of the skin coming up. It has also minimized my pores along with the little small spots that have come up on my skin over the years. For moisturizer, I use a few drops of Fresh's Seaberry Oil and it feels and looks absolutely amazing

I'm going to continue to use the product until it runs out and buy the regular sized bottle. I was initially skeptical of this product, however this is one of the best face washed I've ever used. I highly recommend it, provided that you have the patience for change in your skin's texture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this Gentle version exfoliator! This is NOT America's love for all things strong and harsh in exfoliating. If you're looking for that look elsewhere. Lol! (I would love to use Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel, as I love so many of her products that I benefit greatly from at VERY affordable prices, but even that's too high for me as a leave on. I also love the fact that Tatcha's Rice Enzyme Powder's are fragrance free like Paula's Choice.)

This is formulated for EVERYDAY use and thus made to be gentle. I'm putting this review in the Classic section as I feel it applies similarly to both. The results are meant to be observed over time. And believe me it does. Lol! This is the Geisha's equivalent to a DAILY and gentle spa type treatment. I love it's gentle effectiveness. I use it actually every other day as my skin is SUPER DUPER sensitive and leave it on for a minute after softly rubbing it over my face. I wet my skin first and with slightly wet hands pour a dime size amount and just apply. The water on my face turns it into a lovely creamy consistency where I just let the rice, papain and licorice root do the work for me. Soothing and lovely! I've noticed my skin is much smoother, brighter, more even toned, pores smaller ~ YES! ~ and that horrible acne cyst I had on my cheek is finally going down and healing! Every two weeks I then use Vasanti's BrightenUp! with its Microderm Crystals at 25% to polish my skin and take out any crepiness or my Foreo Luna. Works like a charm! But for every other day use this is it! This routine is my Grail! I've even tried to go cheap trying to save money by using the whole oatmeal mask thing and let me tell you, I will NEVA do that again as it nearly gave me cystic acne all over my face to my horror!! It's worth spending the money on elegantly historically researched products. Thank you Geisha's! Thank you Tatcha!!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I am sooo glad I didn't pay for this...I got a travel sized one as my welcome gift with the hand cream purchase. I was expecting soo much more...performance-wise. I don't know why there is a gentle version of this powder, when the classic felt like nothing to me. There was zero scrub to this powder. I know they use papaya enzymes to get rid of dead skin cells, but I couldn't feel it or see any noticable results. To me, this is just a 2nd cleanse to get rid of every trace of the oil cleanser, nothing more. I am dumbfounded why bloggers give it such a glowing review.

I got a sample packet from Sephora so I only have one use to comment on. I was looking for an alternative to AmorePacific's Enzyme Peel, which I have been using for a really long time. It is expensive, which I would deal with, but I think my skin my skin may be used to it, so I need a change. This starts out as a powder, like the AP, but isn't as fine. It also smells strange, like rice. It seems to work pretty well, but then I saw that it costs more--$65 for 2.1 oz. versus $60 for 2.25 oz. I purchased Boscia Tsubaki Oil Infused Exfoliating Powder ($36 for 2.11 oz.) but haven't used that yet, and if that doesn't work out, another similar product is Nude Skincare Detox Brightening Fizzy powder, $42 for 2 oz., which I also tried a sample of, and it is much better than Tatcha's version.

This is a very decent exfoliator and a much better option than using a grainy scrub...but it in no way compares to the Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel, which is my HG exfoliator.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I'm currently using a sample sized powder from the Discovery Kit and so far I really like it! It's a little gritty before you emulsify it, but this can be done in the hands before applying to the face. It's not as abrasive as the physical exfoliating scrubs that I've been using (Yes to Grapefruit, Ren) and is minimally scented. This is supposedly gentle enough for using day and night, but I stick to using it in the shower in the evenings only and even then my skin can feel a little dry after using this, so I'm not sure I would use it every day. The packaging is just genius! Just wish it wasn't so expensive, but if it does what it claims to do, then I'm willing to shell out a bit more.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wow!! Just bought the sample box with this in it. I will definitely be purchasing the full bottle of this!! Immediately after rising off my skin felt so silky and smooth....where is was feeling a little rough and uneven from where a current foundation (Kat Von D Lockit ) had WRECKED my skin....leaving it feeling bumpy and just gross. I am already obsessed with this product. May well be swapping all my facial care products over to Tatcha!! I'm loving everything in the sample box!!! Noticeable difference with just a couple of uses!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. I have sensitive oily skin. Was torn between ordering the classic or the gentle formula.
The classic did not irritate my skin after the first use my skin was clean and dewy. After one week my pores are smaller, pigmentation spot is lighter.
I love the jar and the slide back opening so not to contaminate the product.
Worth every cent. Never want to be without this wonderful product.

I am a confirmed must-keep-skin-always-squeaky-clean fiend. To the point that I tend to over-cleanse/scrub. I have mature but still oily/acne-prone skin that can get very dry and irritated if I over exfoliate.

This exfoliant (for want of a better name) deserves the all the love. I got a sample of it and it is the best of its kind. In fact, I liked it so much I got a full size jar, though I don't usually spend so much money on skincare.

Per the Sephora blurb:

This creamy, water-activated exfoliant polishes skin daily to a jewel-like luster. Nourishing Japanese rice bran blends with papaya extracts to address fine lines, uneven skintone, hyperpigmentation, and breakouts. Crushed pearl conditions and balances skin while natural exfoliants gently buff away dullness and dead skin cellsóleaving skin perfectly prepared for your favorite serum or moisturizer with more effective results.

It does not leave my skin dry and taut. I had two small bumps and they went away after three uses. Even though it's so gentle I don't use this every day. I find that's a bit of a waste. I use it twice a week and it works just fine. Comes in an elegant jar, which you DO NOT keep in the shower for obvious reasons. No scent. Just perfect.

If price is not an issue, do try this powder. It is truly the best quality. I highly recommend it.

Fantastic product!!! Purchased this on auto-ship through QVC along with the Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil which is outstanding, also. When it came back on air, I added a second auto-ship to continue with the discounted price on both products for another year. The cleansing oil removes all makeup including any type of waterproof mascara. Two pumps, is all that is needed. All traces of makeup and the mascara washes completely off. The "oil" does not leave any film on the skin. The Classic Rice Enzyme Powder is then used which is a very soft, gentle white foaming scrub (if you want to call it a scrub). It does not "tear" the skin as so many other products do. As soon as you rinse off the powder, you will find your skin is soft and literally glowing. This product is highly recommended. Even though it may be pricey for some, it is well worth it for it lasts several months.