Tatcha Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

4.8

on 2/9/2015 3:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm currently using a sample sized powder from the Discovery Kit and so far I really like it! It's a little gritty before you emulsify it, but this can be done in the hands before applying to the face. It's not as abrasive as the physical exfoliating scrubs that I've been using (Yes to Grapefruit, Ren) and is minimally scented. This is supposedly gentle enough for using day and night, but I stick to using it in the shower in the evenings only and even then my skin can feel a little dry after using this, so I'm not sure I would use it every day. The packaging is just genius! Just wish it wasn't so expensive, but if it does what it claims to do, then I'm willing to shell out a bit more.

on 2/1/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Wow!! Just bought the sample box with this in it. I will definitely be purchasing the full bottle of this!! Immediately after rising off my skin felt so silky and smooth....where is was feeling a little rough and uneven from where a current foundation (Kat Von D Lockit ) had WRECKED my skin....leaving it feeling bumpy and just gross. I am already obsessed with this product. May well be swapping all my facial care products over to Tatcha!! I'm loving everything in the sample box!!! Noticeable difference with just a couple of uses!!

on 1/18/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. I have sensitive oily skin. Was torn between ordering the classic or the gentle formula.
The classic did not irritate my skin after the first use my skin was clean and dewy. After one week my pores are smaller, pigmentation spot is lighter.
I love the jar and the slide back opening so not to contaminate the product.
Worth every cent. Never want to be without this wonderful product.

on 1/14/2015 2:45:00 PM

I am a confirmed must-keep-skin-always-squeaky-clean fiend. To the point that I tend to over-cleanse/scrub. I have mature but still oily/acne-prone skin that can get very dry and irritated if I over exfoliate.

This exfoliant (for want of a better name) deserves the all the love. I got a sample of it and it is the best of its kind. In fact, I liked it so much I got a full size jar, though I don't usually spend so much money on skincare.

Per the Sephora blurb:

This creamy, water-activated exfoliant polishes skin daily to a jewel-like luster. Nourishing Japanese rice bran blends with papaya extracts to address fine lines, uneven skintone, hyperpigmentation, and breakouts. Crushed pearl conditions and balances skin while natural exfoliants gently buff away dullness and dead skin cellsóleaving skin perfectly prepared for your favorite serum or moisturizer with more effective results.

It does not leave my skin dry and taut. I had two small bumps and they went away after three uses. Even though it's so gentle I don't use this every day. I find that's a bit of a waste. I use it twice a week and it works just fine. Comes in an elegant jar, which you DO NOT keep in the shower for obvious reasons. No scent. Just perfect.

If price is not an issue, do try this powder. It is truly the best quality. I highly recommend it.

on 10/19/2014 6:34:00 PM

Fantastic product!!! Purchased this on auto-ship through QVC along with the Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil which is outstanding, also. When it came back on air, I added a second auto-ship to continue with the discounted price on both products for another year. The cleansing oil removes all makeup including any type of waterproof mascara. Two pumps, is all that is needed. All traces of makeup and the mascara washes completely off. The "oil" does not leave any film on the skin. The Classic Rice Enzyme Powder is then used which is a very soft, gentle white foaming scrub (if you want to call it a scrub). It does not "tear" the skin as so many other products do. As soon as you rinse off the powder, you will find your skin is soft and literally glowing. This product is highly recommended. Even though it may be pricey for some, it is well worth it for it lasts several months.

on 9/30/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a standout product, I have used other rice powder washes, both Korean and Japanese, and this one trumps all of them, while the packaging is obviously very beautiful and expensive, the quality and price of the ingredients warrants the price tag and I use a very small amount as such i think this will last close to four months. It is never gritty and you need only a tiny amount as it is the enzymes that are doing the exfoliating and not a scrubbing action, also you want to make sure after massaging it on your very wet skin it should be rinsed off thoroughly and I followed with a skin toner. My complexion glowed and was smooth as glass and I already have a good complexion. I think anyone who tries this will be impressed, also the packaging is exquisite even the directions are printed on rice paper. Wow and double wow.

P.S. Follow the directions to a tee your face and hands should be wet so as to work up a lather, this not in the least gritty as the Feur de Lys brand. I know that Fancl , Haba and Wawaza all from Japan make a similar product but I've not tried them however I have checked the ingredients on those and they contain a lot of filler i.e.: corn starch and other cheap ingredients. They are significantly lower in price than Tatcha but about less than one quarter as good.

on 7/29/2014 5:42:00 PM

Scrubs and exfoliants can be too harsh for skin and make micro- (or some not even so micro) tears...but the Tatch Rice Enzyme Powder is so extremely gentle and my face feels noticeably smoother and softer immediately afterwards.

I've tried the Classic, Deep, and Gentle and even the Deep is very gentle on the skin.

I was sold on this product from the sample and consider this a must product.

Tatcha packaging is always so beautiful but I like the way that the powder is dispensed through an opening with a sliding cover...it makes it easy to get the amount you need without contaminating the rest of the package.

And it also doesn't take much to get results...I've used a sample packet 2 or 3 times before running out of the powder.

on 3/12/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am on the fence about this product. Even though I sampled via the tiny satchels before purchasing the full sized products.

1. It does get my combination but going dry skin clean.
2. Leaves a very matte feeling to my skin. Hard to describe it any other way.
3. It is fine milled powder so not at all scratchy.
4. The jar comes with a clever cap which has a slide tab that exposes a tiny hole when pushed aside. This way there is no fiddle spoon and scooping required or accidentally spilling lots of product.
5. The powder has no perfume/chemical smell. Being a chemical sensitive gal this is ideal.
6. The only qualms is the price. I know...I know this is a high end product, but there are plenty of Japanese brands that do the same thing. Some of which have more natural ingredients for a lot less than Tatcha is charging which leads me to believe that I could possibly be forking out for the fancy packaging. Maybe if Tatcha made this a refillable jar it would be more eco friendly as well as good for my skin. One last thing...
7. It did not break me out AT ALL.

on 1/19/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Let me start by saying that I have very sensitive, redness prone, blemish prone skin that has become drier as I approach menopause. Since my skin began this descent from oiliness to dryness a few years ago, I had to practically stop using my beloved Paula's Choice BHA lotion which was my go-to exfoliant because my skin could not take the stimulation anymore. Even sporadic use would result in itchy, red and bumpy skin. But, now, Tatcha's Rice enzyme Powders have provided me with a way to exfoliate without the irritation. I find that I can use the Gentle powder everyday without irritation and I can also use this variant, the Classic Powder a few times a week as well. It's very simple to use: you wet your hands and face first (I find that using it after the Tatcha Camelia Cleasing Oil renders the best results without irritation) and sprinkle less than a teaspoon on your palm, rub your hands together to form a creamy wet paste and gently apply over your face. There is no need to rub harshly or vigorously as the enzymes take care of exfoliating your skin without abrasion. You need do this for less than a minute, rinse your face and you're done. After that, your face is ready for whatever other products you may wish to apply. I apply the Tatcha Brightening Serum immediately afterwards while my skin is still damp - again only a couple of drops are needed. Then, I apply the Tatcha eye cream and either the Tatcha Moisture Rich Silk Cream or the Ageless Renewal Cream - my skin can handle either nicely. And I'm done. The results are soft, smooth, even-toned, hydrated skin that doesn't react all day or night. If you're on the fence about trying this, order the sampler set and give it a go.

on 1/13/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I too ordered the dual cleanser and scrub when the Q ran it a couple of weeks ago. So far, I'm actually impressed with both the oil cleanser and the scrub! I only use the scrub once every other day. It seems that after I have used it, my sin appears whiter, or less marked/colorful? Which is a good thing! I've had some red spots that are now disappearing. I also like that you only have to use a small amount in your palm. I add a few drops or so of water to this and apply to a wet face. I rub in gentle circular motions over my whole face and then rinse. My skin looks and feels great after. Very happy with this purchase and will continue...