July 23, 2014 | 1587 users online

Moisturizers - Accent Moisturizing Lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this along with the cleansing wash, hoping to find a simple routine for my dehydrated and very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I checked and double-checked all the ingredients on COSDNA before purchasing and found no cause for alarm or worries that it would upset my skin. I took a chance and am really disappointed. I'm still on the fence with the cleanser, but this moisturizer is absolutely TERRIBLE. It feels like, the more I apply, the drier my skin feels. It's very odd. It's a pleasing, lightweight texture (reminding me a lot of Complex 15), but that's where the love ends. After using it for just two days (day and night), my skin is a horrible broken-out mess. I've developed tiny white heads and red bumps all over my face and neck, some in places where I never break out. My skin feels almost hard on the surface and it's extremely red. I went to the gym yesterday and people were actually asking me what happened because my skin was so red and inflamed. Terrible product that I wouldn't recommend to ANYONE.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I just got this tonight hoping for a new and useful product but what I got was a useless moisturizer. First, the smell. I don't get the smell of pizza with this like the previous reviewer. No, I get the smell of raw ground beef that was sitting out in the summer heat for 10 days. The smell is awful but if if worked, I would tolerate it. This brings me to the performance of this product. It doesn't hydrate. Now, I have oily skin year round but in the winter, I get dehydrated skin which is different from dry skin. The cause of my dehydrating skin is the enviornment. It is -1 outside and I go inside to roaring fireplaces and heaters cranked. I can actually feel my face tighten up in front of the fireplace. I'm left with tight flaky sections on my face. Most moisturizers are too oily and heavy for me so I picked up Accent based on the rave reviews. My skin sucks this right in as though I never put anything on. Tonight, I have put this on 3x in the past 2 hours and saw no hydration. I also feel a slight burn from this. This is a light moisturizer, imo. I already have an HG light one which is Sebamed, much better than Accent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was introduced to this product thru my derm after I had a BAD reaction to my anti-aging tinted moisturizer. I HAD to break the cycle!
Accent is a no-nonsense light moisturizer that does the job of moisturizing without grease or drama.
(If you must have something off-kilter about a product to make it interesting, the notable standout quality this moisturizer has is that it smells a bit like pizza... I find this amusing at 7AM when I am getting ready for another humdrum workday. The scent fades, but I suppose you could apply it all over to attract the menfolk.)
But seriously, my face looked better overnight after I had used this with its accompanying cleanser. After 3 days, I bought a full bottle because my skin looks so much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Middge2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this and the matching cleansing wash from the dermatologist's office. It is a creamy white, fragrance free, thick, but not oily lotion, that melts right into your skin. One little pump does my entire face, and neck and an extra pump for my chest area. It spreads well and I can add a second layer of product without it feeling heavy. No burning, stinging, or irritation at all, except when my skin is feeling extremely sensitive, even then this stinging only lasts for a few seconds. This is what I like best about it. I've recently been bumped up to Tazorac 0.1% gel from generic Retin A 0.05% cream. We are talking going fro 0 to 150 in the irritation lane. The speed in skin turnover and change is great and amazing but everything burns from cleanser to moisturizer to eyecream. Definitely not a night cream but a very good hydrating moisturizer. I use this after the cleanser with some plain old Vaseline petroleum jelly on my irritated nights to really takes the sting out of the Tazorac regimen. Some nights you just have to skip the Tazorac.
In the mornings I use it over my Anthelios sunscreen. It doesn't interfere with the sunscreen if I apply it after the sunscreen has absorbed, and it also sinks in leaving me an oil-free face to finish applying my makeup to. I think it would be great for any skin type from oily to dry to sensitive. I looked for it in the chain drugstores to no avail. Finally went online to find where to purchase it. I found both at drugstore.com, large enough bottles (12oz. with a pump) at a very reasonable price. I will without a doubt be purchasing this again and I recommend it to everyone I know. Definitely worth a shot. I seem to be finding some of the best things at the dermatologist's office these days. If the office wasn't so far from my home I would stop by just to say "Hi" every week and raid their free sample basket while I was there.