August 1, 2014 | 1908 users online

Lipstick - Sue Devitt - Balanced Sheer Lipstick in Hollywood

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this lipstick! The color works very well with my skin tone (fair-medium); it's not sticky; and it lasts as well as can be expected from a sheer lipstick. I suspect my current tube won't last very long!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jungleesh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great color. I tend to look best in mauves and that's usually what I end up buying, but this color is a unique pink-red that doesn't look too red, too mauve or too pink. It's glossy, but lasts surprisingly long - even when I don't feel it anymore or think it's on, my lips are still stained nicely with the color. FYI, I'm very pale, with brown eyes and golden brown hair that has an auburn tinge in the right light.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by shakedownstreet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this lipstick in the 'Villefranche' shade. The idea of a moisturizing sheer lipstick in the colder months seemed fantastic. The color is indeed beautiful. It's sort of a 'Suzy Chapstick goes to Saks' kind of pink. Wonderfully versatile, subtle, natural... Everything that I was looking for. Too bad that there was an ingredient that irritated my lips. Too cruel. For reference, I have terribly sensitive skin and still don't know what the offending ingredient in this product was.

This would probably be a perfect product for ladies without bizarre sensitivities. It's the ideal lipstick texture for the lipstick-phobic. Sheer and balmy, there doesn't seem to be anything heavy or cakey about this formula. Really ticked that it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Conny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am Nc20 and at first I did not like this as I am used to red lips (SD GAB is my HG lipstick) - I thought it looked kind of "blah"...I gave it a second chance and I like it now! I like it for day time and whenever I want more neutral lips and more dramatic eyes. I like the fact that it's a rosy shade but a warm one and I think it' s hard to find a shade like this! I wish SD was available more as here you can only get it in one department store!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2006 11:11:00 PM More reviews by pariscat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to lipstick for everday wear. Very moisturising, the color is very subtle on my highly pigmented lips (just makes them look natural, but better.) Sometimes wear only this with a dramatic eye for evening. Find I have to reapply often, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 7:10:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thank you, thank you, thank you MUA for giving me the incentive to try this wonderful lipstick from Sue Devitt. I have tried other lipsticks from this brand and none of the colors have been right for me. I don't think the swatch at Sephora nor their description of a sheer rich pink describes this color at all. The Sephora I go to in person does not carry this brand. This is the perfect sheer mauvey/pink color for me. I never like matte or dry lipsticks so this lipstick being sheer was my first requirement. The color is even better, more beautiful than I expected. I have many "my lips but better" lipstick colors but this one has shot straight to the top of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by FutchUSC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick because of all the great reviews on it, but had to return it to Sephora b/c I was very disapointed in it. The texture of it was nice, pretty sheer and smooth- but the color was much more red than everyone said. I have medium, yellow-toned skin, dark blond hair and brown eyes, and the color looked awful. It looked like I drank some red Kool-aid and it stained my mouth. My husband couldn't stop laughing at me b/c because the color looked so funny on me. If you are looking for a sheer rosy pink, this is not it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 6:59:00 PM More reviews by countergoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! The texture is great and there is a lot of shine, no gloss required. As several others have mentioned, it is like Nars Dolce Vita only more pink. I like them both for color but love Sue Devitt for the texture of her lipsticks. Bought this sight unseen because of the wonderful reviews and am delighted with it. A great neutral lipcolor.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by momochow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful colour, a very neutral pink which I think would suit anyone whether the skin tone is warm or cool. It gives a very natural but polished look. The texture is very moisturising.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2005 6:27:00 PM More reviews by stellina

I got this on a recent trip to Vegas after seeing it on QVC (their models are so gorgeous, they could wear mud & it would look good). It's just perfect - a healthy-looking, rosy shade that isn't too sheer. I have olive skin that tends to look dull & this brightens it up while still looking natural. Smooth & long-lasting too.