December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Gels/Soaps - Chagrin Valley - Neem & Tea Tree

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this CV shampoo bar as medicated facial soap, so this review reflects that. My water here in NorCal is too damn hard for me to even bother using the shampoo bars on my hair, ACV rinses or not. :(

I have sensitive, highly reactive acneic skin, which is also dry. I usually use the superfatted complexion soaps on my face because they're gentle and actually moisturise.
I do alternate this Neem soap and the Seabuckthorn soap on my face when I get a lot of breakouts and want to dry them. Both soaps works well for that purpose, but they are drying and can make my face sting if I abuse them and use them too often.

Those with oily/acne-prone skin could probably use this as their daily soap with no problem though. Some people complain about the smell, but if you know what tea tree oil smells like, you won't have a nasty surprise. The neem smells slightly more pungent and medicinal, but again, if you think of this as a medicated soap that's hardly a deal breaker, especially since the scent does not linger and it comes from the EOs.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 4c natural hair, and I did not like the stripped and stringy feeling that this gave to my hair. I combed through when the soap was in and after rinsing, and it felt as if my hair was weak and was going to break. I did use the ACV rinse afterward, which recovered a good feeling, but I would rather not feel that I was stripping my hair and then recovering it with the ACV rinse. I would heavily recommend the Terressentials shampoo for 4c natural hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really great soap from Chagrin Valley that also doubles as a shampoo bar. I recommend everyone who likes shampoo bars and homemade soaps to get this one. Not only has this helped clear up my face and back acne but it also helped get rid of my dandruff and sore scalp I developed last winter. My boyfriend enjoys it cause it smells like tea tree oil. You can't smell it after you rinsed your body and hair. If your looking to simplify your routine this bar is all you need. Really handy when at the gym. My scalp tends to be dry so I wouldn't use this everytime I wash my hair but I haven't had any problems. Would work well for oily scalps especially I think. Chagrin Valley Soaps has just amazing products and people may be surprised at the price of a bar but these are not the size of the ones you pick up at any store. These are almost 2x as big. The ingredients are listed beside each soap. Some are vegan and organic. They offer sample sizes so you can try several to see which ones you love.