November 26, 2014 | 1807 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - For Her Eau Délicate EDT

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Today, I'm wearing Narciso Rodriguez for Her Eau Delicate EDT. Here are its notes, versus Eau Delicate EDP, per boisdejasmin.com:

-- Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau Delicate Eau de Toilette includes notes of soft musk, coriander, fig, orange blossom, vetiver and amber. It is fruity and fresh, with a pronounced fig note.

-- Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau Delicate Eau de Parfum also contains oud to add more depth and sensuality.

I now own 3 NRs -- 1) the original NR for Her EDT (black bottle), 2) NR for Her EDP (pink bottle), and now 3) Eau Delicate EDT (lilac bottle, milky liquid), which I'm wearing now.

Eau Delicate is not all that "delicate", really. It's quite strong and lasting, even though it's named "delicate", even in EDT version. I'm wearing it today, and to me, this smells almost *exactly* like the original NR for Her EDT in the black bottle. I don't smell any fig, and I don't find it fruity (which is good), light, or delicate at all.

I sniffed my two bottles side-by-side (black EDT vs lilac Delicate EDT), and the black EDT does seem to add a deeper woodier basenote and might be best reserved for Fall/Winter. Today is an 89-degree Aug day, and I pulled out Delicate, thinking it would work on a warm day, but it's still quite strong -- even sprayed gently. It's slightly more wearable in heat than the original EDT maybe, but still strong and overall questionable for warm weather IMHO. I think Delicate EDT & original black EDT are practically identical scents -- Delicate slightly lighter, but minimal difference. Maybe the new L'Eau version would be better in heat than Delicate EDT.

That being said, I really like all my Narciso Rodriguez versions, and I always have. They're all the same basic scent, with minimal differences between each other. I love musks, woods, ambers, and darker Fall/Winter scents, and the whole Narciso Rodriguez line is right up my alley.

Although each has its own time & place, I think my overall favorite version might be the EDP (pink bottle) -- because it seems to be softer, smoother, more feminine, and possibly a tad sweeter than either Delicate EDT (lilac bottle) or original EDT (black bottle).