July 22, 2014 | 1265 users online

Crème - Guerlain - Lingerie de Peau compact foundation and concealer

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Against ALL my better judgement, and everyone elses, I bought this a few months ago.

I have used it several times and must say, it's definitely not the best (for me). I've seen very mixed reviews on it and I thought I could get away with using this but alas, I cannot.

My skin is combination and has been prone to almighty breakouts (which I have recently found out are dairy related), the breakouts have been painful and have been pustule type spots... not nice, not cool!
There is no doubt in my mind that this foundation absolutely cannot cope with that kind of skin, it just won't help matters at all. I didn't buy it in the hope it would though, I bought it for my "good skin days" which I'm having a lot more of now, but still, I'm not having a great time with this foundation.

The good things about this foundation are the packaging - I was sooo enticed, it's so beautiful, I was so reeled in by the "lingerie" term used, as if it would be invisible on my skin. I wanted it as a skin "evener" if you like, just something light and dewy really that I could wear on days I just wanted to look natural.
I was drawn in even more by the concealer that came with it, I'm all about one stop shops! I love cream foundations as well, big fan, and I hadn't used one for a while thanks to BB creams making an appearance on the market so I thought I'd go old school. The smell of this foundation is also divine! I love it! It is very glamorous!

Good things aside, unfortunately there are more bad things about this foundation for me than good.
It seems to stick to all your dry patches unfortunately, it's got a very thin almost greasy feel to it and it just adheres to patches of skin that aren't perfect and seems to show them up.
Another bad thing about this, which I think a lot of us know about, is the shade range, I got exactly the same shade as I normally get (Beige Claire) and in this compact it seems to be a pinkier tone than normal - it doesn't look nice on my skin at all. Gutted.
I already knew it wouldn't cover very well, but I kind of expected a bit better than the greasy dry patch adhering cover nothing foundation that I got.
The concealer is nice and creamy, but I don't find that that is a hide all either! Hmph.

So all in all, I wasted my money on this product...and I think it oxidizes to boot because i always look orange and a bit greasy by the end of the day.

I think that this foundation is the best for people who can a) find a match and b) have more mature skin than me, on my combo skin this just isn't great. I'm upset about it and will try to use it on my "roaming round the house" days beause it's just too pricey to waste.

Shame :-(