Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad i- Afternoon Tea

3.8

on 3/11/2015 9:20:00 AM

Afternoon tea is a neutral set of browns ranging from a champagne shimmer, matte tan, chocolate shimmer and a dark brown matte shade. I found these shadows difficult to work with. The eyeshadow is not smooth and silky, I had to really press down in the pan to get any color. Color payoff is inconsistent. Some shades are barely there in color and then others are highly pigmented. Even with primer, the color fades before the day is half over.

on 6/13/2014 8:35:00 AM

I LOVE this eyeshadow quad! Perfect colors...the colors are not too dark and they all blend really well for a natural look. Usually I have trouble finding a mix of shadows where I would use all of the colors included, but this one is just perfect!!!

on 1/25/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a replacement for my Smashbox "Center Stage" since it's not readily available (I'm not sure they make it anymore) and also I didn't want to pay the $36+ Cdn when I did find it. I found this Rimmel quad by accident and it looked like it'd be a close match and I didn't feel bad spending less than $8 Cdn (Superstore). In comparison when applied, the light pink is a close enough match but the medium pink is about 3 shades darker. The other 2 colors, dark grey and taupe in the Rimmel quad doesn't exist in the Smashbox trio and yes, this Rimmel quad does have the taupe and not a dove grey...maybe in Canada only? Even though the medium pink is darker than I'd hoped, it still works on my skin tone and I'm happy overall. As for wear, it seems to do a decent job of staying put and remaining true in color. The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase is because by the time I've finished the pan, I maybe into something else...I like experimenting :)

on 10/28/2013 12:20:00 AM

While is the price is convenient, I wouldn't purchase again.
It worked well but I've used other palettes that worked much better.
If you're looking for an amazing drugstore matte palette I would recommend Physicians Formula Matte Eyeshadow Quads. Those are insanely awesome.

on 8/26/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been looking for a neutral quad of shadows that boasted a few shades of matte gray shadow and when I saw this from Rimmel, I immediately snagged it. However the picture I've added here I believe is the quad BEFORE the recent update that Rimmel has made to its quads. The shade on the bottom, sort of a soft golden taupe shade, is no longer in the quad and has been replaced by a gray about a shade or so lighter than the top gray pan. So you have the vanilla highlighting shade, the pearly mauve shade for lids, a soft dove gray for the crease and a darker gray for corners and as a liner. AND I LOVE IT. Used properly, these shades built a natural smokey eye for day that is so flattering on me, I'm just hooked. Each individual pan also lends a polished daytime look when used alone.

ALSO and this is crucial for me: These dont crease as fast or nearly as much as some of the other shadows I have. Rimmel has something good going with these formulas as I use two other quads from their line and they stay on nicely even after lunch time! I only gave four lip bullets for packaging because I wish these pans were larger in size in the compact, that's how much I love these!