Kanebo Face Fresh Paper

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I never thought that there could be such a huge difference in oil blotting papers. I have tried Sephora's, Art Deco's and The Body Shop's papers, but Kanebo wins hands down. I have oily skin and I need to blot oil from my skin at least once during a work day. One piece of Face Fresh Paper is large enough to absorb excess oil from my chin, nose and cheeks without messing up my foundation. The papers don't have any powder in them, but in my opinion, they don't need any. I rarely add powder after blotting oil with these papers, since my complexion looks already matte and fresh.

The package is really sleek, small and lightweight, so it's ideal to carry even in smaller purses. Many brands offer cheaper alternatives, but Kanebo gives you good value for the money. One carton includes 100 papers, so you don't have to buy it very often. I have re-purchased it already and highly recommend the product to other oily-skinned girls!

I love these.

Absorb oil well, no scent, tasteful and classy packaging that doesn't just feel like cheap paper, are a good size. No scent. No weird texture. Do not disturb or pick up my makeup.

Will repurchase.

After MattePerfect was discontinued in Iu stores in Belgium, I set out to find oil blotting paper that would be as efficient and natural. I have tried a few brands including The Body Shop (already reviewed), Shiseido, and Tokuyasu Kyofu Aburatorigami (bought in Japan, kingdom of oil blotting papers) and none of these came close to Kanebo Sensai performance and value.

The 80 ultra-thin sheets (10 x 7.5 cm) are created from traditional Tosawashi linen paper, one of Japan's finest handmade papers. They are wrapped in an elegant sober case with no perfume or powder added. As expected from a natural product, the sheets bear a brown color similar to kraft paper. They quickly absorbs excess sebum without removing make-up just as described.

Because my T-zone is very oily, I usually use 2 sheets on a normal day and 4 if I have a night out. This is one of my bag's staples.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools