Etude House Oh m'Eye Line

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This eyeliner is MONOLID-APPROVED.

I have this in #1 Black.The eyeliner has the same packaging as the etude house proof 10 eye primer. The applicator is fantastic because it's firm whilst the brush tip has the right amount of flexibility so you can draw a line with ease. The shape of the tip is sharp and thin so you can draw a very thin line or a thick line. It dries to a matte finish. I usually draw a thicker line due to my monolids but it is honestly such a breeze to apply eyeliner even with my atrocious liquid eyeliner skills. I still love my Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner for days where I want smudge-proof, long-lasting eyeliner that lasts 12+ hours but because the applicator is so finnicky and the formula takes a while to dry, I use the etude house eyeliner on a daily basis.

So far, I've had this for more than 6 months and it's still going strong. The formula is very black, pigmented, opaque and it dries within a minute. I can only critique it on two things.

1) The eyeliner flakes off when it's not paired with eye primer. My eyelids are slightly oily. I don't like flaking but I prefer flaking over smudging any day. To work around this, I use it in conjunction with the etude house proof 10 eye primer (which is just fantastic- I've been using it for 3 years!) and the combination of this duo ensures that the eyeliner wears like iron. It lasts ALL day and through humid summer days and sweaty music festivals where I danced and sweated my face off for 6 hours. However my eyeliner was still perfect at the end of the night.

2) The eyeliner applies opaque but sometimes when it dries, it loses its pigmentation at the top half of the line. I find that this happens when I don't use enough eyeliner and it's not evenly applied so I just go over it again. After that, it's all good and wears well for the rest of the day - no fading at all.

Besides these two flaws, I really have no other complaints. This eyeliner is extremely affordable, retailing for $5-6USD. I buy this from eBay because I live in Australia. When paired with an eye primer, it lasts all day on my somewhat oily monolids and it is smudge-proof, flake-proof and oil-proof. Do note that this isn't waterproof and thus is easily removed with micellar water or cleansing oil.

TL;DR: This is a wonderful eyeliner for anyone who's looking for something that's affordable but actually lasts! I also highly, highly recommend this for monolids! :)

on 2/27/2015 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Personally, I really like to use Etude House's products, and I was bored of using pencil eyeliner so I just bought their liquid eyeliner on a whim and it was amazing. It's very long-lasting.
So, I went out clubbing with my friends that night, and my eyeliner never smudged like my friends'. It did not fade or dried out. I bought the black one and at first, I thought it would turn out to be a very dried up finish but after I tried it on, it was very bold and solid.^^

on 2/7/2015 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

no just no

I bought this eye liner because of the good reviews so imagine my disappointment. The formula is so thin that if you go over in the wet area again with the brush the eyeliner will smear easily so I had to wait for it to dry to build up the shape. Also, it CRACKS, it freaking cracks easily. i'm doing my second eye and the eyeliner in my other eye already cracks. For just a few minutes of application and it's already cracking. At the end of the day the color looks very dull and I have to reapply. So no, it's not a very good product I hate it so much.

on 12/30/2014 8:51:00 PM

I bought this in black.
The price was so appealing, and I really like Etude House, so why not, right?
The packaging was cute, and I was a little skeptical of the size, but this thing lasts quite a while...
Anyways, the brush is literally the best one I've seen on a liquid eyeliner. It's nice and firm - unlike other liquid liners where you need to be fucking Picasso in order to create a steady line.
It applies nice and dark, and i almost never, ever have to apply it a second time. The consistency of the liner is fairly weird though, which leads me to the one problem -
I'm not sure if the problem here is that the liner is too thick or thin. At the end of the day when I'm taking this off, it is tremendously difficult. I'm losing eyelashes here! T___T Trust me - I take off my makeup every night, use nice and gentle but effective eye makeup removers (and at this point I've tried a ton with this) but still, this eyeliner is a pain in the ass to remove. Little bits of it stay between my lashes.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's really the reason I won't repurchase.
Anyways, this liner looks amazing. Somedays I go for a soft and pretty look where the eyeliner softly fade out in a small wing (does this naturally with one stroke along the eye :-) and some days I go for super bold. Be careful if you go for a bolder cat eye though, it tends to bleed and droop a bit right after you apply.
So yeah. Looks great but is a pain to get off. It's not advertised as waterproof, so...? (well, i've cried wearing this and it gets all cracked. don't cry people)

on 11/27/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yes. Yes yes yes. All of the yes.

I bought this on a whim from Yesstyle after my last (cheap drugstore) liquid liner started to annoy me a little too much. After a lot of research and looking at a lot of expensive liners, I realised I just wasn't ready to spend $15-20+ on liquid eyeliner. I just couldn't do it. So when I saw this I thought, well, it's $8, I lived with my $4 liner for a long time so how much worse could it be?

As usual I tested it on the inside of my elbow along with an eye primer and face primer that I ordered with it - then proceeded to completely forget about it while I helped my partner replace two car tyres, getting my arms all greasy in the process. I washed my arms with liquid laundry soap (no scrubbing, just a quick wash to get the grease off) and to my surprise, the liner that had been applied directly to skin had lasted all afternoon through my sweat and type grease! The application over the eye primer had come off a bit, but there seemed to be minimal damage to direct skin application.

I was amazed. Having no reaction to it, I wore it out to work the next day - with the eye primer of course. It went on smoothly - it has a good consistency but I like my lines very bold and dark so I went over it twice. Lovely smooth wings in place, I spent the day in 60-70+% humidity and even got rained on a little, but my eyeliner was firmly in place.

Taking it off was fairly easy given that I had primer underneath, but I can see how it would be difficult to take off otherwise. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 9/21/2014 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This eyeliner is great i bought this online it was around $5. It would stay all day unless you scratch your lids.its easy to come off as well

Would definetly repurchase this one

on 8/4/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Really liking this so far in Charcoal, as it's a great "softer" alternative to black in summertime. I also really like the brush applicator. It's not quite as nice as the brush on the L'oreal Lineur Intense liner but a) it's way cheaper and b) it stays put longer so I'm pretty happy with it.

My one issue with application is that the brush is really short and the wand really long. My eyelashes are naturally very curly and pretty long, and there's no way I can angle the applicator so that the wand part doesn't wind up blobbing eyeliner all over my lashes. If only there were a more effective little plastic stopper (like on mascara) it would be worth a repurchase, but as it is I end up wasting a ton of product either wiping off the wand or scraping it off my eyelashes. This is the exact reason I don't buy MAC Liquidlast anymore either -- if someone's got a remedy, PM me and I'll be eternally grateful ;)

For six bucks it's OK for now, but I'll be on the hunt for something less messy.

on 7/30/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Oh m'Eye Line, where have you been all of my makeup wearing years?
Your packaging is so adorable in the cute tear drop shaped plastic bottle and the amazing thin tip liner. Not to mention your jet black pigment which is oh so sexy.

You apply like a dream without pulling or tugging or smudging my nicely painted eyelids and when I curl my lashes, I just need to do a minor touchup. (unlike Lancome's Artliner which came off, hrrrmph!!)
You take a bit of time to dry but the pay off is worth it. You stay put all day without smudging, flaking or fading. What more can a woman ask for?
You make me so happy whenever I wear a cat eye liner look which is every day so it's a match made in heaven. I waited all these years for Mr. Right Liner and it was worth the wait.

You're rather tenacious to remove at night but I know that means you don't want to leave my lids and that tells me how dedicated you are.

But why do you have to live so far away across the Pacific Ocean in Korea?
Thankfully the cost for you to get to me isn't that expensive - approximately $7 USD and if I'm lucky, free shipping on eBay.
For true love, it's worth the waiting time in the mail.

Please don't ever be discontinued because if you are, I'll be heartbroken.
I want to tell all of my makeup loving friends what a great catch you are.

Yes, Etude Oh m'Eye Line is a winner for the reasons mentioned in this review.

on 6/22/2014 1:44:00 PM

This eyeliner is amazing. I can wear this eyeliner for 12 hours straight and it would look just as good as when I put it on in the morning. It doesn't smudge or flake.

I got this for about $6 on Ebay. It was shipped from Korea.

The only thing I don't like about the eyeliner is that it dries more slowly than other liquid eyeliners I've used. I would still repurchase this eyeliner because this is the only liquid eyeliner I've used that is so long lasting!

on 3/13/2014 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm suprised by very few reviews in makeupalley but it is very popular in my country and asian. The most famous products of etude would be eyeliner catagory .
This eyeliner never smudge. It is both waterproof and sebumproof.(not rubbed-proof) It sets as a thin film that adheres well but easily remove with eye makeup remover. I used the color black which gave a solid bold black. The price in korea is like 3$. The only con is it dose fade a little over 8hrs but this guilt is never taken.It never gives a panda look under my eyes.
FYI I have oily lid with hooded eye. These two combinations are a real pain. The gel liner or pencil never work.
The list of eyeliner that could not hold up my eyes: bodyshop(my lower eyelids turned black in 3 hrs),revlon color stay,
Lifeford(it is ok didnt smudge but does fade a lot), etc

Edit 6months later: this eyeliner enters HG status for me