July 29, 2014 | 1938 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sheer and Perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by countrychic

The Shiseido beauty consultant recommended a shade that she matched to my neck which i have never done before. Usually i would pick a slighlty darker shade to match the skin tone on my face. I have fair to med. tone with some freckles and slight redness. This foundation O20 Natural Light Ochre does a wonderful job at reducing the redness and giving my skin a soft , dewy natural look. It is very light and very easy to apply. This has a department store price tag, but a little goes a long way so it will last a long time before having to repurchase....which i will definitely be doing.
P.S shiseido has an application brush for this foundation (sold separately) that I would love to have. It works beautifully! But the ring finger does the job as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Emmamua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great natural looking foundation, it covers all my redness and blemishes but it doesn't look heavy and feels really light.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I attempted the lightest color in this. IT reminds me of intervene- adheres to dry patches, but leaves a shiny glow.
I tried the sample pack for a couple of days, and caught myself in a picture- my face looked one shade darker, and oily. Had to blot within 2 hours.
not for my oily skin. maybe for someone with dry skin that doesn't mind a glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by kriz77

I got a sample from shiseido, would not comment on the colour as they didn't have my colour. Main objective is to test the product before purchasing.

Description:
Very runny foundation, remember to shake it up (or squeeze the sample pack in my case) before use. Despite its liquid nature, I find that a little goes a long way. It has a dewy finish. Some SA recommended this for my acne prone skin for its oil free formula.

Suitability for combination skin:
Immediately when I apply it, I love its finish. Not too matte that it'll make the face flat, with slight dewy finish. However, just half later, I started to look oily. When I tried to blot using tissue, alot of the foundation came off- longevity is an issue. Also, stay away from this foundation if big pores are huge concerns. I don't have super enlarged pores, but this foundation makes it look worse than what it really is.

Acne and scar coverage:
Concealer needed for darker scar and active acne.

Overall:
Would imagine loving this if I am using it in colder countries. However for Singapore's hot and humid weather, I would recommend that people with oily combi skin try another foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Something in this did not agree with me. First, I noticed this aggravated my dry eye, and my eyes were really red and parched while using it. Maybe it was the fragrance, or the different alcohols in this product. Then I noticed a warm/tingly sensation in my skin, and pimples started to form after several days using it. These pimples/bumps spread all over my face, not in the usual places — just everywhere. This was the only thing in my routine that had changed, and when I stopped using it my skin started clearing up. So if you have reactive skin at all, I would not recommend this.

I did love the packaging, because it's travel-friendly (bottle is small with a screw-lock cap).It's silly how other foundation packages are so big when the actual amount of product inside is just 1 oz. or so. I gave it 2 stars because I can see why others like the glowy formula, especially if you have dry or more mature skin. This clearly just didn't work for me.

I'd also advise others with fair-skin to try the lightest shade before buying it. It was still a bit yellow/orangey on me, not a perfect match. And if you're oily, stay away. This will stay shiny all day long, no matter how much powder or blotting papers you use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this foundation for about a week. I simply love it. Wow, I think it is on par with my favorite chanel perfection lumiere foundation. So I have become smart over the years. Now whenever I try a new foundation, I first check out makeupalley to see the reviews and make sure has good reviews. This one had great reviews. So i went to the counter and asked to get color matched. I was matched to B2. I thought I was be like O because I'm asian but the lady said that the B2 is my best color. I guess she knows best. Anyway, the consistency of this product is thin and liquidy. The consistency is indeed like the MAC Face and Body, although I hate that foundation because it turns me into a oil machine - no joke. I was worried that this sheer and perfect would be turn on the oil machine in me as well. No, it didn't. It gave my skin a luminous finish - that healthy lit from within look. Skin that looks lit, glowy, and thin (not thick and tough if you know what I mean). It is as light weight as the name would imply. It is sheer meaning it will not cover big blemishes and it does not cover significant undereye circles. What it will do is make your skin even, glowy, and perfect looking (if you don't have a lot of blemishes). It has spf in it - I think like spf 18. I have no gripes yet about this product. Although it seems like the amount of product is small compared to my chanel perfection lumiere. But whatever, it's a great new product from Shiseido. For reference, I have oily/combination skin, minimal blemishes and am between a B3 and B4 in Chanel perfection lumiere. I am a B2 in the Shiseido Sheer and Perfect. i use a beauty blender to apply this foundation and set it up with a normal powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jadeylou15

This foundation is rivalling MUFE Face & Body to become my top fave! I purchased on a whim during the Boxing Day sales. Never having tried Shiseido before I just used Temptalia's Foundation Matrix for my shade (I00) and it is spot on!
Sheer coverage, evens out skin tone and looks like my actual face, no caking in sight even when I dot a little more over areas more prone to redness. It is slightly more fluid than F&B and contains SPF but otherwise I find them similar which is great because I love them both.
Also - at first I was a little disappointed by the tiny bottle but it does contain 30mls, par for the course for most foundations and the spout/whatever you pour it out of is great for controlling it considering how fluid it is

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my friend really recommended it to me and the review is not bad so i thought give a shot. It went well when I first put it on, but cannot last all day (especially when my T-zone gets really oily) so it needs a lot of touch up or my face would just be weird. It provides a medium coverage so its enough for a normal day (even my acne scars are cover up but not completely) Also, this price is a little bit expensive for such a small bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by jmanning

I have fair-medium Irish skin (i.e. on the pale side with some redness) - I do however tan quite well and also occasionally wear fake tan, so I wanted to stay away from anything too pale (as often very pale foundations are recommended to me and these turn out to be too light as soon as I put some fake tan on). I thus opted for this foundation in B40. I also purchased the Shiseido foundation brush as I had read great things about this. My thoughts on the colour are that it is perfect when I am tanned, but maybe a tad dark otherwise (so if you are medium-fair - but closer to fair than medium - this shade may be too dark for you). I do love how it goes on initially, especially with the foundation brush (which is as good as everyone says it is) - the foundation glides on and gives a lovely smooth dewy finish, without feeling greasy. Unfortunately, as the day wears on I find that it becomes quite shiny/greasy looking - especially on the forehead and chin. I have normal combination skin which is not naturally very greasy - so I was surprised at this result. I have tried setting it with bronzers and powders but after a few hours, the result is always the same. I do think the finish is very natural and dewy and so I continue to wear it - but I think it is best to wear it during the day - where you can blot and powder if needs be. I don't think I would wear this out at night as I think if you are out and about in a crowded area/dancing etc. you are very quickly going to look like someone has smeared your face in Vaseline. I think if you have dry skin, this could be a great foundation for you - but people with oily skin should definately stay away and people with combination skin could give it a shot. In terms of durability - it does stay on...it just changes texture after a few hours. Hope this helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this to be too runny and the coverage was not what I was really expecting. The coverage is light and is very buildable but I feel as though you really need to keep packing it on to create some kind of decent coverage. This product dried rather quickly (making it hard to blend in really) and had a lovely matte finish, but this was unfortunately due to the alcohol content (which can damage the skins surface and is something I avoid in all cosmetics).