April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sheer and Perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this foundation for about a week. I simply love it. Wow, I think it is on par with my favorite chanel perfection lumiere foundation. So I have become smart over the years. Now whenever I try a new foundation, I first check out makeupalley to see the reviews and make sure has good reviews. This one had great reviews. So i went to the counter and asked to get color matched. I was matched to B2. I thought I was be like O because I'm asian but the lady said that the B2 is my best color. I guess she knows best. Anyway, the consistency of this product is thin and liquidy. The consistency is indeed like the MAC Face and Body, although I hate that foundation because it turns me into a oil machine - no joke. I was worried that this sheer and perfect would be turn on the oil machine in me as well. No, it didn't. It gave my skin a luminous finish - that healthy lit from within look. Skin that looks lit, glowy, and thin (not thick and tough if you know what I mean). It is as light weight as the name would imply. It is sheer meaning it will not cover big blemishes and it does not cover significant undereye circles. What it will do is make your skin even, glowy, and perfect looking (if you don't have a lot of blemishes). It has spf in it - I think like spf 18. I have no gripes yet about this product. Although it seems like the amount of product is small compared to my chanel perfection lumiere. But whatever, it's a great new product from Shiseido. For reference, I have oily/combination skin, minimal blemishes and am between a B3 and B4 in Chanel perfection lumiere. I am a B2 in the Shiseido Sheer and Perfect. i use a beauty blender to apply this foundation and set it up with a normal powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jadeylou15

This foundation is rivalling MUFE Face & Body to become my top fave! I purchased on a whim during the Boxing Day sales. Never having tried Shiseido before I just used Temptalia's Foundation Matrix for my shade (I00) and it is spot on!
Sheer coverage, evens out skin tone and looks like my actual face, no caking in sight even when I dot a little more over areas more prone to redness. It is slightly more fluid than F&B and contains SPF but otherwise I find them similar which is great because I love them both.
Also - at first I was a little disappointed by the tiny bottle but it does contain 30mls, par for the course for most foundations and the spout/whatever you pour it out of is great for controlling it considering how fluid it is

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my friend really recommended it to me and the review is not bad so i thought give a shot. It went well when I first put it on, but cannot last all day (especially when my T-zone gets really oily) so it needs a lot of touch up or my face would just be weird. It provides a medium coverage so its enough for a normal day (even my acne scars are cover up but not completely) Also, this price is a little bit expensive for such a small bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by jmanning

I have fair-medium Irish skin (i.e. on the pale side with some redness) - I do however tan quite well and also occasionally wear fake tan, so I wanted to stay away from anything too pale (as often very pale foundations are recommended to me and these turn out to be too light as soon as I put some fake tan on). I thus opted for this foundation in B40. I also purchased the Shiseido foundation brush as I had read great things about this. My thoughts on the colour are that it is perfect when I am tanned, but maybe a tad dark otherwise (so if you are medium-fair - but closer to fair than medium - this shade may be too dark for you). I do love how it goes on initially, especially with the foundation brush (which is as good as everyone says it is) - the foundation glides on and gives a lovely smooth dewy finish, without feeling greasy. Unfortunately, as the day wears on I find that it becomes quite shiny/greasy looking - especially on the forehead and chin. I have normal combination skin which is not naturally very greasy - so I was surprised at this result. I have tried setting it with bronzers and powders but after a few hours, the result is always the same. I do think the finish is very natural and dewy and so I continue to wear it - but I think it is best to wear it during the day - where you can blot and powder if needs be. I don't think I would wear this out at night as I think if you are out and about in a crowded area/dancing etc. you are very quickly going to look like someone has smeared your face in Vaseline. I think if you have dry skin, this could be a great foundation for you - but people with oily skin should definately stay away and people with combination skin could give it a shot. In terms of durability - it does stay on...it just changes texture after a few hours. Hope this helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this to be too runny and the coverage was not what I was really expecting. The coverage is light and is very buildable but I feel as though you really need to keep packing it on to create some kind of decent coverage. This product dried rather quickly (making it hard to blend in really) and had a lovely matte finish, but this was unfortunately due to the alcohol content (which can damage the skins surface and is something I avoid in all cosmetics).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation runs dark in the same shades versus the other Shiseido foundations I have tried, like the pore refining and cream compacts. I purchased i00 very light ivory and it runs a whole shade darker (not just a little bit but in whole mac shades it probably is a NC15 instead of paler.) The foundation settled into my skin and made every pore and fine line stand out. I do have very dry skin that sometimes sucks the moisture out of a foundation, but it was terrible. I would recommend this foundation for normal/ combo and oil skin tones.The coverage was light to medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Nimaia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I have never tried a Shiseido foundation before, but after reading these amazing reviews, I decided to check this one out. I was a bit hesitant in store (horrible lighting! ugh yuck) but it felt great so I bought it. (Figured hey, if it sucks I'll just return it :))
Anyway, I am in LOVE with this foundation. I've been searching for a foundation that:
- is sheer (but covers my broken caps and minor sun damage and few minor acne scars)
- is glowy (but not shiny or glittery)
- doesn't cake or look cakey
- is easy to apply
- invisible (ya, I know har har an invisible foundation? keep dreaming? Not with this one!)
- doesn't oxidize ( this does darken a teeny tiny bit about 10 mins after applying, but not too much, it just kinds melts onto your skin and "sets")
- doesn't melt off my face by the end of the day
- doesn't look like a matte mask but still controls my oiliness
- doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes
- photographs nicely
- doesn't accentuate pores or wrinkles
- doesn't break me out
- and of course, matches my weird skin tone

Well, I've found all of the above in this beautiful foundation. I can't believe how amazing this stuff is. I look in the mirror and it's like I'm wearing nothing but my skin looks like it did 15 years ago (flawless! too bad I didn't appreciate it back then) I have no idea how it is possible for such a sheer, light foundation to cover so much and make my skin look perfect. I can't wait to try their other products. If you're looking for a natural looking, lovely finish, flawless coverage, this is it!

(ps. This is not a full coverage foundation, don't take lippies off because it isn't and it doesn't claim to be.)

EDIT: I was a bit disappointed and almost discouraged because of the "small" amount you get for the price, but I realized that 1oz is pretty standard for foundations. I guess the glass bottles just make you think you're getting way more than you really are. It's a thin fluid though so we'll see how long it lasts with daily use - I will update)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by DBelgium

Ladies, this is a very cool foundation. It's a bit of a hobby for me to test new foundations, some might call it an addiction ;) So I did read all the reviews here before buying this one, to make sure I would actually buy something that I would use. And I can tell you, this is a very good product.

It really makes your skin look great even though it is a foundation of the lighter kind. My complexion is difficult to manage, a lot of red, also some age spots now, and dark circles/bags under the eye. So I was quite amazed to see that the foundation managed to blend everything nicely together and make my skin look much much better.

Very important to me: you do not look like you are wearing some thick make up. usually, I do not wear foundations on the weekend, rather some light BB or CC creams. But with this one, this might change.

For my under eyes issues I bought the double wear from Estee Lauder. I apply it first. Then I put on the foundation. It works GREAT together!

I got the B40 color, but only because in Belgium they do not have that many different shades. it was sort of a compromise but I shouldn't have worried, it works just fine.

The bottle looks kind of cheap, it is plastic and quite small. But on the other hand, it fits great into my make up bag.

So I am a happy customer and can only recommend this product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This is a very magical foundation. It manages to have a super light coverage yet it makes everything look flawless. I'm not sure how this foundation does it but I love it.

First of all, this is an extremely watery formula. I like to shake it up for a couple of minutes to mix up the liquid. It is a bit tricky to apply. It doesn't really glide on the skin like a thicker foundation would. You basically have to pour a few drops in your hand and pat and press it into each section of the face. I find that it dries super fast so make sure you pat and press quickly!

Now, lets talk about the magic. It is so sheer going on. At first I didn't think I would like it. I thought about applying layers to get coverage but this actually doesn't layer very well. If you have major scaring like a cystic acne mark or something as red or dark, this foundation might not work for you. I did need to apply some concealer over this foundation on two spots for better coverage. But, this will cover uneven skin tone and mild blemishes perfectly. This doesn't contain shimmer/light reflecting particles which most foundations that blur out imperfections contain. I'm not sure how this makes skin so angelic, but it does. I have a dull complexion and without foundation, I can look dead. Sheer and Perfect makes me look and feel wonderful and without a crap load of cosmetics on. It feels so light and refreshing on this skin, lighter than a tinted moisturizer!

Shades: Shiseido has a great color guide. It is numbered and split up in four categories which are Ivory which is neutral tones (I), Beige which is cool tones (B), Orcher which is yellow tones (O) and Deep which is for dark skin (D). I'm matched to O60. For reference, I'm 40 Beige in Chanel.

Price: Shiseido is priced affordable compared to other department store brands. 1 oz. is $35.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by jessimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lately, I've been dabbling in foundations. I wanted something that would even out my complexion (I tend to a bit of redness), make my pores less obvious while looking like I wasn't wearing foundation. I think I've found it! Shiseido's sheer & perfect liquid foundation is lightweight and (I think) very natural looking. I'm NC25 and I bought sheer & perfect in I20. It seems to be a very good match for me - not too yellow but not too pale. I don't use very much - just one drop per cheek, chin, forehead and a smidge under my nose. I use a foundation brush to stipple the dots over my face then blend it in. There's no shine and it doesn't dry out my skin (I have dry skin). My pores are less obvious, light blemishes are covered and the foundation seems to last all day without sliding off my face. Coverage is very light so dark spots would show up (although less obviously).
I would definitely recommend it at this point, for people who want 'better than my skin' while not looking like they're wearing foundation. If anything changes, I'll update my review.

Update: A few months on and I'm still loving it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No