October 2, 2014 | 1848 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sheer and Perfect

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

First off, I just had a sample of this, so I can't really comment on the foundation. When I went to Macy's this Saturday before work, I got a sample of this from Macy's and a sample of Smashbox Liquid Halo from Sephora. I didn't like the Smashbox one at all. I was a little hesitant to try this, because it says sheer right in the name. But I was pleasantly surprised. It was easy to apply and covered the redness and bumps on my face very well. It was easy to blend and super blendable. I realized I forgot primer, and it still stayed on for a full 8 hour day.I applied it with my fingers. This is definitely a foundation that I could see myself using on a regular basis. The one complaint I had about this foundation is the shade. I did get matched by an SA. I got a sample of the 140, but as soon as I looked at it, i figured it was probably going to be too dark. It wasn't bad enough to be embarrassing, but it was definitely too orange. I tend to look best in more neutral/beige colors. I think one shade lighter will be just perfect. I would really like to purchase this foundation.

Edit 9-7-14
I did end up purchasing this. I don't know if I got a bad bottle or something, but it seems very watery to me. I shake it up before applying, when I do, I can hear it sloshing around in the bottle. The sample I had wasn't that way. Also, the coverage and staying powder of the bottle I purchased isn't that great either. After just a few hours, I have huge red patches showing through. I will probably finish up this bottle, but probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by hennuv

If you have very nice skin already, this product will enchance your beauty. It is very liquidy and light.
However, it doesn't cover up anything on problematic skin, if sth then very minimally.
It claims to be non-comedonic and dermatologist tested, so it should be okay for sensitive and acne-prone skin?
I use it to highlight my eyes as my skin has quite a bunch of imperfections.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I expected a lot, and upon trying it, the alcohol in it irritated my skin ... This is is strange that Shiseido would put so much alcohol in it...!? In the long run it would dry out any skin...too bad as the colors and textures are nice. I refuse to put on my face a foundation that is so irritating. It felt tight , and it is so invisible, not much sense in buying a foundation taht dosent even show on the skin..but for those who like very sheer, then it might work.
Maybe they will eventually reformulate and get rid of the alcohol, that would be a good idea!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by countrychic

The Shiseido beauty consultant recommended a shade that she matched to my neck which i have never done before. Usually i would pick a slighlty darker shade to match the skin tone on my face. I have fair to med. tone with some freckles and slight redness. This foundation O20 Natural Light Ochre does a wonderful job at reducing the redness and giving my skin a soft , dewy natural look. It is very light and very easy to apply. This has a department store price tag, but a little goes a long way so it will last a long time before having to repurchase....which i will definitely be doing.
P.S shiseido has an application brush for this foundation (sold separately) that I would love to have. It works beautifully! But the ring finger does the job as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Emmamua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great natural looking foundation, it covers all my redness and blemishes but it doesn't look heavy and feels really light.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I attempted the lightest color in this. IT reminds me of intervene- adheres to dry patches, but leaves a shiny glow.
I tried the sample pack for a couple of days, and caught myself in a picture- my face looked one shade darker, and oily. Had to blot within 2 hours.
not for my oily skin. maybe for someone with dry skin that doesn't mind a glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by kriz77

I got a sample from shiseido, would not comment on the colour as they didn't have my colour. Main objective is to test the product before purchasing.

Description:
Very runny foundation, remember to shake it up (or squeeze the sample pack in my case) before use. Despite its liquid nature, I find that a little goes a long way. It has a dewy finish. Some SA recommended this for my acne prone skin for its oil free formula.

Suitability for combination skin:
Immediately when I apply it, I love its finish. Not too matte that it'll make the face flat, with slight dewy finish. However, just half later, I started to look oily. When I tried to blot using tissue, alot of the foundation came off- longevity is an issue. Also, stay away from this foundation if big pores are huge concerns. I don't have super enlarged pores, but this foundation makes it look worse than what it really is.

Acne and scar coverage:
Concealer needed for darker scar and active acne.

Overall:
Would imagine loving this if I am using it in colder countries. However for Singapore's hot and humid weather, I would recommend that people with oily combi skin try another foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Something in this did not agree with me. First, I noticed this aggravated my dry eye, and my eyes were really red and parched while using it. Maybe it was the fragrance, or the different alcohols in this product. Then I noticed a warm/tingly sensation in my skin, and pimples started to form after several days using it. These pimples/bumps spread all over my face, not in the usual places — just everywhere. This was the only thing in my routine that had changed, and when I stopped using it my skin started clearing up. So if you have reactive skin at all, I would not recommend this.

I did love the packaging, because it's travel-friendly (bottle is small with a screw-lock cap).It's silly how other foundation packages are so big when the actual amount of product inside is just 1 oz. or so. I gave it 2 stars because I can see why others like the glowy formula, especially if you have dry or more mature skin. This clearly just didn't work for me.

I'd also advise others with fair-skin to try the lightest shade before buying it. It was still a bit yellow/orangey on me, not a perfect match. And if you're oily, stay away. This will stay shiny all day long, no matter how much powder or blotting papers you use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this foundation for about a week. I simply love it. Wow, I think it is on par with my favorite chanel perfection lumiere foundation. So I have become smart over the years. Now whenever I try a new foundation, I first check out makeupalley to see the reviews and make sure has good reviews. This one had great reviews. So i went to the counter and asked to get color matched. I was matched to B2. I thought I was be like O because I'm asian but the lady said that the B2 is my best color. I guess she knows best. Anyway, the consistency of this product is thin and liquidy. The consistency is indeed like the MAC Face and Body, although I hate that foundation because it turns me into a oil machine - no joke. I was worried that this sheer and perfect would be turn on the oil machine in me as well. No, it didn't. It gave my skin a luminous finish - that healthy lit from within look. Skin that looks lit, glowy, and thin (not thick and tough if you know what I mean). It is as light weight as the name would imply. It is sheer meaning it will not cover big blemishes and it does not cover significant undereye circles. What it will do is make your skin even, glowy, and perfect looking (if you don't have a lot of blemishes). It has spf in it - I think like spf 18. I have no gripes yet about this product. Although it seems like the amount of product is small compared to my chanel perfection lumiere. But whatever, it's a great new product from Shiseido. For reference, I have oily/combination skin, minimal blemishes and am between a B3 and B4 in Chanel perfection lumiere. I am a B2 in the Shiseido Sheer and Perfect. i use a beauty blender to apply this foundation and set it up with a normal powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jadeylou15

This foundation is rivalling MUFE Face & Body to become my top fave! I purchased on a whim during the Boxing Day sales. Never having tried Shiseido before I just used Temptalia's Foundation Matrix for my shade (I00) and it is spot on!
Sheer coverage, evens out skin tone and looks like my actual face, no caking in sight even when I dot a little more over areas more prone to redness. It is slightly more fluid than F&B and contains SPF but otherwise I find them similar which is great because I love them both.
Also - at first I was a little disappointed by the tiny bottle but it does contain 30mls, par for the course for most foundations and the spout/whatever you pour it out of is great for controlling it considering how fluid it is