Shiseido Sheer and Perfect

3.9

Active: OCTINOXATE 2.9% TITANIUM DIOXIDE 5.2% Inactive: WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOMETHICONE, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, NYLON-12, GLYCERIN, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIETHYLHEXYL SUCCINATE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, ERYTHRITOL, XYLITOL, GLYCYL GLYCINE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT, PEG/PPG-36/41 DIMETHYL ETHER, ZINGIBER AROMATICUS EXTRACT, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ALUMINUM DISTEARATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINA, POLYSILICONE-2, SODIUM CITRATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, BHT, ALCOHOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, CITRIC ACID, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, BARIUM SULFATE, SODIUM METABISULFITE, METHICONE, TETRADECENE, DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, BENZOIC ACID, FRAGRANCE, IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
+ This foundation looks beautiful when first put on, which is why I pulled the $35 trigger on that tiny bottle.
+ Very lightweight feel and slightly dewy finish.

Cons:
- The packaging isn't great - I've noticed over time that dried foundation ends up on the inside of the cap, which is a shame when you already have so little product!
- Because it is so sheer, I end up applying a lot more than I intend to. Not a super great product for people with hyperpigmentation, redness, and other spots that need covering.
- It dried me out and made me flake like crazy after 6 months of use. I ultimately switched to a different product, and won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beautiful, natural looking foundation. As you can tell from the name, this is a sheer to medium coverage foundation so it might not be what you're looking for if you want to cover up obvious spots, but it does help with redness and evening out your skintone. The finish is satiny and natural, and the color match is pretty great for me at least. It feels very comfortable and light and the texture is pretty watery. It is not a long wearing foundation; I'd give it about 5 hours max wear time. It doesn't break me out, irritate my skin, dry me out, or make me greasy. I would highly recommend it for someone who just wants to even out their skin tone and wants a natural satin finish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been usindg this product for about a year now (060 in summer and 040 in winter) LOVE IT! i had mild acne and it completely cleared it out! feels like im not wearing much- the only thing is sometimes i feel it looks a bit dull / too powdery! other than that love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fell absolutely in love with this foundation after getting my make up done at a Shiseido counter.
PROS:
Great colour matches for my very pale, but olive toned, skin.
Very light weight, but good coverage - I don't have many texture issues with my skin, but I do have a lot of redness and some discolouration and this corrects that well.
Compact packaging - I love that it takes up so little space even though it contains the usual amount of product.
Doesn't irritate my sensitive dry skin.
Lasts well and fades evenly.

CONS:
If you want full coverage this isn't the right product - you need a lot and it can get a bit cakey.
The seal on the cap isn't great, it doesn't leak but it gets very messy inside which is a waste of product.
There isn't a wide range of shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first bought this foundation I was very impressed. It felt light on my skin and was easy to blend in. Before this I used Rimmel match perfection which felt greasy on my skin and enhanced dry spots and pimples. This doesn't cover redness but looks natural if I use a concealer after applying the foundation, and for the first month I loved it. But after some time it started to settled into my pores, lines etc, it made my forehead look oily and oxidized almost instantly. I had to use so much product and ended up using half a bottle in no time, and considering how expensive it is, I hated having to use so much every time. After another month my skin started breaking out so badly and it never felt clean. After going through 3/4 of the product I stopped using it and switched to a loose mineral foundation and after 2 weeks my skin cleared up. I don't get any pimples or dry spots anymore, and since I haven't changes my skincare routine, I think it was the foundation that made my skin so bad. It's a shame as I really loved it at first, and I think it would be better for someone with normal skin who just wants light coverage because it does look really natural when you use very little product. I just needed more as I both had acne, scars, enlarged pores etc while using this, so if you are not prone to acne and dry or oily skin, maybe it would fit you. However I'm sure there's many other foundations out there that will give you a better result and that doesn't cost 30-40 $. One good thing about it is that the lightest shade "Very light ivory" matched me better than any other foundation, which is why I bought it in the first place. Would not recommend it though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I would say, initially I was really impressed by the foundation (at that time my skin did not have any acne). But during summer I got pimples and it just enhanced the dryness around the areas where I had pimples although I applied above illuminating primer. overall good for flawless skin due to natural finish, but not good for skin with pimple marks.

Doesn't feel sheer or perfect to me. The finish is quite powdery and makes my face a bit mask-like. Yet it did camouflage the cheek redness quite well. Would better suit the skin on a drier side as the longevity was not great on my combination skin.
Shade 120 was not a perfect match for my NC20-25 skin. Looked slightly pinkish on me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love, love, love this foundation. It gives decent coverage without being masklike. It wears all day and does not sink into pores or fine lines. It makes my skin look fabulous!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wouldn't call this 'sheer' nor 'perfect'. It looked way too flat and powdery on my skin.

A great lightweight foundation, for days where i don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup.
it looks really natural, like you're not wearing anything.
It doesn't have a pump, but that's fine, since it's easy to squeeze out.
The only thing i could say about it, is that is doesn't wear that long on me.