Shiseido Sheer and Perfect

Active: OCTINOXATE 2.9% TITANIUM DIOXIDE 5.2% Inactive: WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOMETHICONE, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, NYLON-12, GLYCERIN, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIETHYLHEXYL SUCCINATE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, ERYTHRITOL, XYLITOL, GLYCYL GLYCINE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT, PEG/PPG-36/41 DIMETHYL ETHER, ZINGIBER AROMATICUS EXTRACT, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ALUMINUM DISTEARATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINA, POLYSILICONE-2, SODIUM CITRATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, BHT, ALCOHOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, CITRIC ACID, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, BARIUM SULFATE, SODIUM METABISULFITE, METHICONE, TETRADECENE, DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, BENZOIC ACID, FRAGRANCE, IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA

on 5/18/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love, love, love this foundation. It gives decent coverage without being masklike. It wears all day and does not sink into pores or fine lines. It makes my skin look fabulous!

on 5/8/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wouldn't call this 'sheer' nor 'perfect'. It looked way too flat and powdery on my skin.

on 4/25/2015 9:00:00 AM

A great lightweight foundation, for days where i don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup.
it looks really natural, like you're not wearing anything.
It doesn't have a pump, but that's fine, since it's easy to squeeze out.
The only thing i could say about it, is that is doesn't wear that long on me.

on 4/5/2015 1:32:00 PM

After trying millions of foundations, tinted moisturizers, BB and CC creams, there are very few that I ever use up, re-purchase, or go back to -- Shiseido Sheer and Perfect is one of the few for me. I have re-purchased this product at least 5 or 6 times already and find myself reaching for this almost everyday, I guess you can say it is practically a HG product for me. I have combo skin and olive skin tone, it is hard to find a foundation that can even out my complexion but also wears well over the day. I have learned over the years that I will always use concealer and I will always use powder and that a super full coverage foundation is not the fix-all solution for me. I am not one of those gals who wants a see-thru base or something that looks too bare faced, I want to look polished and want as many of my flaws covered up as possible ... but at the same time, I do not want any product that is so heavy that it melts or cakes up over the day as my combo skin gets oily. I use Shiseido Sheer and Perfect as my go-to base, it evens my skin out and gives me some moisture and spf, then I use MUFE full-cover concealer to spot-conceal, then finish with loose powder all over and then use MAC studio-fix on a few spots and as a touch-up throughout the day. The texture of this foundation is light and liquidy, and the finish of it on its own is glowy and natural. I use shade O20 and I love that the bottle is plastic and lightweight. I also have one laugh line on my face that every foundation type product always seems to settle into -- Shiseido Sheer and Perfect is one of the few that does NOT settle into that one laugh line of mine! I just love this product and hope it never gets discontinued.

on 11/9/2014 11:47:00 AM

Great light coverage foundation for everyday used. It great for me in winter time now and will buy again next winter not for me in summer and fall. It last for 8 hours with mine Shiseido sheer and perfect compact foundation in the same line with this liquid foundation. It gives a nice glow. I'm in I20 in this liquid and the powder I40. If you already have nice skin or little flaws then you will like this. This is not medium to full coverage foundation. I have normal to combination skin that why I like this in winter months.

on 8/26/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

First off, I just had a sample of this, so I can't really comment on the foundation. When I went to Macy's this Saturday before work, I got a sample of this from Macy's and a sample of Smashbox Liquid Halo from Sephora. I didn't like the Smashbox one at all. I was a little hesitant to try this, because it says sheer right in the name. But I was pleasantly surprised. It was easy to apply and covered the redness and bumps on my face very well. It was easy to blend and super blendable. I realized I forgot primer, and it still stayed on for a full 8 hour day.I applied it with my fingers. This is definitely a foundation that I could see myself using on a regular basis. The one complaint I had about this foundation is the shade. I did get matched by an SA. I got a sample of the 140, but as soon as I looked at it, i figured it was probably going to be too dark. It wasn't bad enough to be embarrassing, but it was definitely too orange. I tend to look best in more neutral/beige colors. I think one shade lighter will be just perfect. I would really like to purchase this foundation.

Edit 9-7-14
I did end up purchasing this. I don't know if I got a bad bottle or something, but it seems very watery to me. I shake it up before applying, when I do, I can hear it sloshing around in the bottle. The sample I had wasn't that way. Also, the coverage and staying powder of the bottle I purchased isn't that great either. After just a few hours, I have huge red patches showing through. I will probably finish up this bottle, but probably won't repurchase.

on 8/8/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

If you have very nice skin already, this product will enchance your beauty. It is very liquidy and light.
However, it doesn't cover up anything on problematic skin, if sth then very minimally.
It claims to be non-comedonic and dermatologist tested, so it should be okay for sensitive and acne-prone skin?
I use it to highlight my eyes as my skin has quite a bunch of imperfections.

on 7/31/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I expected a lot, and upon trying it, the alcohol in it irritated my skin ... This is is strange that Shiseido would put so much alcohol in it...!? In the long run it would dry out any skin...too bad as the colors and textures are nice. I refuse to put on my face a foundation that is so irritating. It felt tight , and it is so invisible, not much sense in buying a foundation taht dosent even show on the skin..but for those who like very sheer, then it might work.
Maybe they will eventually reformulate and get rid of the alcohol, that would be a good idea!!

on 5/28/2014 2:16:00 AM

The Shiseido beauty consultant recommended a shade that she matched to my neck which i have never done before. Usually i would pick a slighlty darker shade to match the skin tone on my face. I have fair to med. tone with some freckles and slight redness. This foundation O20 Natural Light Ochre does a wonderful job at reducing the redness and giving my skin a soft , dewy natural look. It is very light and very easy to apply. This has a department store price tag, but a little goes a long way so it will last a long time before having to repurchase....which i will definitely be doing.
P.S shiseido has an application brush for this foundation (sold separately) that I would love to have. It works beautifully! But the ring finger does the job as well.

on 5/22/2014 6:35:00 AM

Great natural looking foundation, it covers all my redness and blemishes but it doesn't look heavy and feels really light.