April 24, 2014 | 1162 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - Youth Code Texture Perfector

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was sadly a huge fail for me. First the loves: love the packaging, the price for a serum is good, availability, it absorbs well and makeup works fine on top.
The bad: it didn't do anything for my skin. I could tell absoultely no difference, and I used it with the day/night cream too. Additionally, it gave me several deep cystic acne spots. I stopped using it and tried again because I wasn't sure. So after 2 tries I'm positive this is the culprit. Very sad this didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this faithfully day and night for 1 month now. Like some reviewers I don't find it sticky. It absorbs quickly into my skin, feels nice, works well under my foundations, doesn't break me out (a bonus for me). It just isn't doing anything that it claims to do. My pores don't look any smaller, my skin texture is still the same, fine lines still there. For the price (anywhere from 24.99 to 29.99 cdn - I got mine on sale) I expect at least some kind of result. I'll finish it up, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

First I think a little background on my skin is needed. I have oily to combination skin and am sensitive to changes in my makeup/skincare/and diet. I recently had experienced some pretty bad breakouts and everything I was trying was not helping. I wanted to purchase L'Oreals new texture perfector line but I didn't want to spend money on something that was just going to make my skin worse. I've been using the serum now for about 9 days or so and can honestly say my skin has never looked this good. My dark spots are lighter and my pores are less visible for sure. I use this in conjunction with the day/night cream and then when I have to apply makeup I'll substitute the cream for one of my other lotions that keeps me more matte throughout the day. The packaging is very cute and I love that I've found something that has made my skin better. I can usually get the products for cheaper than $20 a piece because my local Walmart always has coupons on the products. If you're a 20-something looking to ramp up you're skincare routine, I suggest you try this out!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very decent serum for the price of $18. If you're a beginner with skin care and have very slightly uneven skin, large pores and slight dryness; I would recommend this product for you. But, I don't recommend this serum if you have very oily skin like myself. I find through-out the day when mixed with my make up it begins to slightly rub off like face latex.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by FLkeysgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this once on my slightly acne-prone, combination skin. The texture felt nice and it made my skin feel smooth. I used it at night and woke up to the first deep-down, cystic pimple I have had in probably two years. This may be great for other skin types, but if you are acne-prone, I would definitely try a sample first or purchase somewhere with easy returns.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So i decided to wait a week after starting the product to review, because on the packaging it says that you should see a reduction in pore size in a week. It also says a reduction in the visibility of fine lines in a month, but I'm a teenager so i can't really put my two-sense into that. Now, on to the review. The first time I heard about this it was in a youtube video. She raved about it, i didn't think anything about it. Then a few months later a wave of youtuber's claimed this is something they cant live without. So i decided to get it. The serum was only $19.99 at my local Target. Compared to other serums this is REALLY cheap. The product has a scent, kind of a floral smell. Its not overwhelming; actually its a very light scent. So i applied this before my makeup in the morning and before i went to bed. After 3 days my crater-like pores where somewhat smaller. Now looking at them they are BARELY visible. My friends are complementing my skin;It looks amazing. The only problem i did encounter with this is when i used my Josie Maran Argan oil the serum would flake off somewhat.But i discovered that it only happened in areas I didn't blend out properly. Keep in mind the Argan oil is more of a liquid with a higher viscosity so that may also contribute. I recommended this to my mom who has giant pores too. I don't think i could live without this serum!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Catgirltoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a mature woman but I look a lot younger. I am noticing the signs of aging n wanted to try this product. I really like it. although I have oily skin, this still leaves my nose dry. I suffer from allergies n need a little extra moisture around my nose. I didn't see a huge difference but I did see a noticeable one. I liked the texture of my skin n felt better using it.

Unfortunately, I noticed some break outs and also the pink was seeping into the product. When pumpin it out, it actually looked fuschia, I looked and realized the paint was coming off and onto the product. I'm not happy with the reviews in regard to toxicity and to top it off the paint too?

This product doesn't produce any results that are worth a purchase to begin with.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by jadoreLeCute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really had high hopes for this serum after hearing so many great things about it, but unfortunately this didn't do very much for me at all. I have large pores around my nose/cheek area, and tiny bumps around my face. I've finished a bottle after using it morning and night as directed, but I don't see any noticeable differences. The bottle contains 1 oz - same as a standard foundation - but I feel like I ran through it extremely fast. The product itself is white with a pink pearl iridescence. The texture is a bit sticky, but it absorbs nicely into the skin. It is also fragranced, so if you're sensitive to that, beware. For the $20+ drugstore price tag I have to say I expected it to perform a bit better. I do like the glass packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Dabsykins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this is more of a FYI / first impressions.. I just bought this and used it once so far. It's super smooth and silky. Kinda feels like a silicone primer. Obviously I have no idea yet if it works. I just wanted to get on here and warn you guys that this has fragrance in it!!! I have sensitive acne prone skin so I wasn't too impressed when I noticed the scent. But on a positive note my face isn't itchy and hasn't broken out ..... Yet. I plan on using it for a whole week so I can give you guys a proper review. Unless of course I get crazy breakouts in the next day or two. I bought it at London drugs for $24.99 on sale from $30

*update*** Ive used this serum now for 1week. I havent had any breakouts!!! whoohoo! im surprised :) I havent noticed any changes in the look of my pores... but definitely the texture of my skin is much smoother. the serum is kinda sticky but it absorbs into my skin. its a slight pinky pearly iridescent colour in a pump bottle with frangrence. and after i use my dormer211 lotion, its so smooth and feels nice. I find I keep wanting to touch my face haha. I will do another update when im done the bottle to see if this actually has made any noticeable changes in my pores. But as of right now I really like it and I think I would re purchase.

btw: I skipped the night/day lotion but got the youth code pore vanisher primer. It makes makeup application so easy and silky and doesnt make me oily. but thats a whole nother review ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

This is an exact dupe for Lancome's Visionnaire serum! I love what it does for my pores! Using this in conjunction with Retin-A, sunscreen and antioxidant night cream has really helped smooth out my skin. I use this on nights when I don't use Retin-A and it really refines the texture of my skin. I was noticing that my pores were starting to look like little holes and now they are a lot more subtle. One con is the packaging, it's pink and I'm a guy so it kinda bothers me but it isn't that big of a deal lol. I love the price as well, it's a bargain for $20.