August 1, 2014 | 1866 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Oreal - Youth Code Texture Perfector

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by saramason111

For now, it delivers what I want--refined, dewy and plumped skin. I took the quiz on L'oreal's website and said I wanted "instant results" and this was recommended. I went to CVS and bought it for $24.99 which is a lot for a drugstore product, but I must admit--when I look in the car mirror to check my makeup--my skin looks flawless (I wear concealer and a dusting of powder). My skin looks like it did when I was around 28 (I'm approaching 36). I'm happy with this product and yes it does contains denatured alcohol but there's no lab reports on denatured alcohol on living human cells on a person being bad (only on cultured Petri dish skin cells which is completely different--this is where Paula Begoun draws her inferences about alcohol being bad for skin.) Until now I had avoided all alcohol denatured products but I find that this particular serum works well under makeup for my oily t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Julesbee2249

I was heard about this from Nicole Guerriero (YouTube beauty guru). I decided to get this because she said it was amazing. I had HUGE ass pores. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I never really struggled with acne (thank god) so I already had pretty good skin. But this serum seriously made my skin perfect! I get asked all the time how my skin is so perfect. I'm a model & I never have to wear foundation at photoshoots. This stuff is truly amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kendall1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for atleast 6 months now & I wish I could say I notice a difference in my skin but I don't. I actually picked this up b|c Nicole (makeup guru) kept raving about it.. I was hoping to love it as much. I'm not giving up on it just yet, maybe it is making a change but I can't tell.

There's nothing horrible about this product. The packaging is adorable, smell doesn't bother me, & seems to set into skin just fine.. it's just that I can't say it's been worth the price since I don't notice any changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by LESLIELOVEREDLIPS

Let me start by explaining my skin type: My skin is slightly oily, I have some enlarged pores next to my nose (each side). When I breakout sometimes I get dark spots but mostly it leaves a bump for a long time.

Why I love this product: it does make me greasy or shiny. It has reduced my pores, but mine aren't too big to begin with. It has really reduced my break outs. Even when I do (almost never compared to before), with this product the texture smooth out really nice and a lot faster.

How I use it: under my foundation. I apply daily in the morning, I usually mix it with my moisturizer or what ever I am into at the time. If I have a break out a will apply spot treatment of whatever I have at the time, and apply this twice a day.

Smells great, packaging is great, its cheap, its not a 5 star item but for the price I will keep repurchasing. im on my 3rd bottle

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was sadly a huge fail for me. First the loves: love the packaging, the price for a serum is good, availability, it absorbs well and makeup works fine on top.
The bad: it didn't do anything for my skin. I could tell absoultely no difference, and I used it with the day/night cream too. Additionally, it gave me several deep cystic acne spots. I stopped using it and tried again because I wasn't sure. So after 2 tries I'm positive this is the culprit. Very sad this didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this faithfully day and night for 1 month now. Like some reviewers I don't find it sticky. It absorbs quickly into my skin, feels nice, works well under my foundations, doesn't break me out (a bonus for me). It just isn't doing anything that it claims to do. My pores don't look any smaller, my skin texture is still the same, fine lines still there. For the price (anywhere from 24.99 to 29.99 cdn - I got mine on sale) I expect at least some kind of result. I'll finish it up, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

First I think a little background on my skin is needed. I have oily to combination skin and am sensitive to changes in my makeup/skincare/and diet. I recently had experienced some pretty bad breakouts and everything I was trying was not helping. I wanted to purchase L'Oreals new texture perfector line but I didn't want to spend money on something that was just going to make my skin worse. I've been using the serum now for about 9 days or so and can honestly say my skin has never looked this good. My dark spots are lighter and my pores are less visible for sure. I use this in conjunction with the day/night cream and then when I have to apply makeup I'll substitute the cream for one of my other lotions that keeps me more matte throughout the day. The packaging is very cute and I love that I've found something that has made my skin better. I can usually get the products for cheaper than $20 a piece because my local Walmart always has coupons on the products. If you're a 20-something looking to ramp up you're skincare routine, I suggest you try this out!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very decent serum for the price of $18. If you're a beginner with skin care and have very slightly uneven skin, large pores and slight dryness; I would recommend this product for you. But, I don't recommend this serum if you have very oily skin like myself. I find through-out the day when mixed with my make up it begins to slightly rub off like face latex.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by FLkeysgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this once on my slightly acne-prone, combination skin. The texture felt nice and it made my skin feel smooth. I used it at night and woke up to the first deep-down, cystic pimple I have had in probably two years. This may be great for other skin types, but if you are acne-prone, I would definitely try a sample first or purchase somewhere with easy returns.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So i decided to wait a week after starting the product to review, because on the packaging it says that you should see a reduction in pore size in a week. It also says a reduction in the visibility of fine lines in a month, but I'm a teenager so i can't really put my two-sense into that. Now, on to the review. The first time I heard about this it was in a youtube video. She raved about it, i didn't think anything about it. Then a few months later a wave of youtuber's claimed this is something they cant live without. So i decided to get it. The serum was only $19.99 at my local Target. Compared to other serums this is REALLY cheap. The product has a scent, kind of a floral smell. Its not overwhelming; actually its a very light scent. So i applied this before my makeup in the morning and before i went to bed. After 3 days my crater-like pores where somewhat smaller. Now looking at them they are BARELY visible. My friends are complementing my skin;It looks amazing. The only problem i did encounter with this is when i used my Josie Maran Argan oil the serum would flake off somewhat.But i discovered that it only happened in areas I didn't blend out properly. Keep in mind the Argan oil is more of a liquid with a higher viscosity so that may also contribute. I recommended this to my mom who has giant pores too. I don't think i could live without this serum!