October 25, 2014 | 1555 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Nude Eyes Shimmer Strips Shadow and Line

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

**EDITED TO ADD**I have added a photo. I swatched the colors on my inner forearm.

Oh, dear, this is a real miss, in my opinion. I saw these adorable Shimmer Strips collections at CVS a few weeks ago and decided to pick up the Warm Nude palette, since everything is about being an Urban Decay Naked dupe these days. I must say, I'm terribly disappointed. I wanted to break this down and explain why I assigned the number of Lippies I did to each category:

I'll start with price. It's no secret that Physician's Formula is one of the most expensive drugstore lines, if not *the* most expensive. For $12.99 (in stores the price ranges anywhere from $9.99 to $12.99. I think it retails around $11.99 in most stores now) you get nine shimmery eyeshadows. Supposedly these are broken up into three separate "looks" (hence why there are three shades that have narrower strips than the others). For what you are getting it isn't a very good value, but it's still not as costly as any luxury palette.

Packaging gets four Lippies. It's a nice magnetic closure case with an adorable lace over satin fabric finish. Inside is a sturdy plastic tray with an acrylic handled angled sponge tip applicator. I deducted one Lippy for how the shadows are placed up against each other in the pan, rather than being separated into their own pans.

Overall rating gets two Lippies. The texture of these is bizarre. Chalky, yet waxy? There isn't very much fallout, but then again, it's hard to have fallout when you're only able to scrape a tiny amount of product off. There is almost no color payoff. The first five shades are almost identical when swatched. Just sheer glitter bombs with virtually no shade to them. Even the darkest ones are woefully pale. With that said, there is some value to how shimmery they are and they aren't horrible as a base color or when used as a highlight, but the darker shades are practically useless. Do yourself a favor and save that sponge applicator. Although I am loathe to use those to apply shadows, it's really the only tool that will get product out of the pan. Brushes don't pick anything up from them. Even wet they apply weird.

All in all I wouldn't recommend this as anything close to a Naked dupe. I wouldn't even recommend this in general.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Malone27

No no no! I was so excited to try this product because i've been looking for dupes that looked just like UrbanDecay's naked palette 2 since I myself don't have a big bank account to buy expensive brands of makeup. First off I'm giving this product even two stars the colors look beautiful and the packaging is cute. However actually putting the product on is another story heres why I scored this so low this shawdow does not blend at ALL it creates a waxy finish and for the actual shadow you get to stay on you wears off within an hour. This product was a huge disappointment for its pretty colors,cute packaging and price its safe to say NO i would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by soundsofepip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This would be the dupe for Urban Decay's Naked Basics. You can apply this wet or dry, the pigments are quite good and you can do several looks with the kit. The only drawback is the kit is small. Great colors for an everyday look.