Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil Moisture

on 9/8/2015 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this must be the best cleansing oil for the price, that I have had. One bottle lastes me for over 4 months, which I consider pretty good! Sometimes I cleansed my makeup off several times a day though, so I can see this lasting about a month more if you don't do that. I tried the Moisturizing oil, but also just bought the Perfect Cleansing one - will see if it's better. ***Update: the Perfect Cleansing one seems to be a little thinner, but also washes off more clean - there is some kind of 'Moisturizing residue' left after the Moisturizing type. Perfect Cleansing also seems to clean slightly better, but I wear very long-lasting makeup, so not everyone might need that. BTW: I bought thr Moisturizing one on rbay, and the Perfect Cleansing from - a long-trusted seller that first worked through ebay. End of update***

This manages to get even my water-proof makeup off, like MAC Pro-Longwear foundation, Estee Lauder Double-Wear, waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner (Artdeco Waterproof Pencil - a though one!), any lipstick type and consistency (haven't tried it on stains though, as my lips have been dry for some time). I always double-cleanse,so I wash this oil off with a mild foaming cleanser. I have not gotten larger pores or more black- or whiteheads while using this. I have sensitive skin, and this oil doesn't bother it the slightest

Other oils I've had are:

- Shu Uemura Ultim8 - did not like, because it didn't cleansers deeply enough, even though I cleansed it off with a foaming cleanser. My pores got clogged over time, especially when I didn't double cleanse

- L'Oreal Miracle Cleansing Oil - weak, and didn't remove my makeup properly

- Babor Hy Ol - the best oil effect-wise, but too expensive to ship to where I live, and isn't THAT special without the "oil dissolver" that comes with it. So, overall: expensive

- Garnier Micellar Water: did nothing to remove my water-proof makeup, and my sensitive skin can't handle to be scrubbed with cotton-balls

- L'Oreal Demaq Expert Elixir: great for non-waterproof makeu, but can be used up a little too fast IMO. Absolutely loved it when I was younger and didn't wear all-waterproof makeup. It has a quite strong smell though, so skip this if you're not OK with a lot of perfume

on 9/6/2015 5:55:00 PM

This is an awesome cleansing oil that is effective and well packaged. There is nothing to fault about this, emulsifies well, gets everything off and is so much cheaper than named brands. The bottle is sturdy and 2 pumps gives perfect amount. I highly recommend this, its a high quality cleansing without the price tag. This is on the thicker side but spreads well, much better than western brands, after all it was the Koreans that invented this category. If I'm dry I don't follow up but its weather is hot or i'm acne prone, I will follow up with something else, but its not necessary. Give this a go, I've actually kept the bottle since I use it for other flimsy packaged stuff. I found this to be cheapest on eBay.

on 7/18/2015 9:31:00 PM

This is my first attempt at cleansing oils, so I don't have any base for comparison, but I LOVED it!
It's a great makeup remover, it even removed waterproof eyeliners and water resistant mascaras with easy, although I wouldn't rely solely on it to remove really waterproof mascaras, just because I prefer to use as little rubbing as possible in the eye area.
I can take my time massaging my skin and it doesn't get sticky or tug my skin, feels really gentle and moisturising and once I start rinsing it off, it goes off like soap, doesn't leave any oil residue or squeacky dry feeling. It's magic!
And the price is lovely too!

on 1/25/2015 12:46:00 AM

This is my go to face wash. It's moisturizing, but does not break me out. It's so gentle, but removes all traces of makeup or oil from my face.

I was really shocked that I liked it so much when I got it as a free sample from an order on etude's website. I thought I would never like a cleansing oil, due to a horrible experience with using a home-remedy involving castor oil...*shudder* But this product has proved to me that oils can be gentle and light enough to use daily.

Plus, the bottle looks cool sitting on my sink. It's a kind of opaque square yellow.

Etude just reformulated these, so I'm kind of wary of trying the new formulas.

on 8/24/2013 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I didn't have a choice as I was stuck in Jakarta, Indonesia for an extended business trip and I ran out of my SKII cleansing oil. So I had to purchase something cheaper temporarily till I get home.

This cleansing oil is the more moisturising (or so it claims) from this line. Which I appreciate. However, the price is so much higher in Indonesia compared to the neighbouring countries. For the same price, I could've gotten SKII cleansing oil in Hong Kong. Sad.

It works well for removing even the more stubborn eye liner. Viscosity is similar to SKII and not as viscose as DHC or Shu Uemura. Does not sting. Does not irritate.

There are better brands out there but to each his own, right? Thing is, this does what its supposed to do without causing any more harm to the skin, as far as I can tell.

I would not repurchase as this is not my HG. Unless I am stranded in the Indonesian islands again without cleansing oil.