October 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Modern Muse

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first sniffed Modern Muse by Estée Lauder in the department store. The perfume was sprayed on paper by the smiling sales associate and wafted under my nose. I smiled politely and said something like, “that’s nice; a light citrus-floral.” My inner dialog, however, could have been described as a cynical tirade and I dismissed MM as another generic designer release in a pretty bottle.

Recently, my mother acquired a MM mini and I decided to actually (gasp) try on the perfume. She held her wrist out and I was surprised when the “floriental” revealed white florals floating on top of a sensual amber-musk. So I rolled up a sleeve and sprayed. The apologetic citrus opening quickly died down to reveal a large dose of serious, animalic white floral; I wouldn’t have experienced the fleshy jasmine and oily musk on paper.

Does MM smell like Narciso Rodriguez for Her? A little, but as other reviewers pointed out, For Her is richer and more suggestive. Perhaps one could think of MM as an easy to wear white floral suitable for all ages; unfortunately crowd pleasing does not equal innovation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Mak3upObsessed

If you want an overpriced toilet spray then this is it! Smells like toilet spray but 10x pricer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

I may be premature in reviewing this, so may post and edit later on. I smelled this on a friend while having lunch and I couldn't stop sniffing her. When she told me what it was, I was surprised because normally Estee Lauder fragrances make me gag. After lunch, I just happened to have to buy some of my holy grail EL makeup remover at Macy's and saw the GWP with Modern Muse body lotion. I've been wearing the body lotion as my fragrance all week and I really like it. However, I don't know how it will smell when wearing the perfume, so will test it the next time I'm in a dept store. I normally like light scents, so I hope I'm not disappointed in the stronger perfume.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells like one of those cheap solid clip-in toilet bowl deodorizers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a very clean and soapy fragrance. It's light. It smelled delicious on the paper tester but on my skin all I could smell was jasmine and honeysuckle. It's an average fragrance that doesn't really smell very unique or inspiring. This fragrance just seems like it is trying too hard. The marketing sounded fabulous and it made me excited to try it. When I spritzed it on, I tried really hard to like it. And then I forgot about it. Nothing memorable, sadly. The fiance said it was "nice". Meaning it was really only okay. If he likes something, he always says I'm smell so good. When I wore this, he had nothing to say only that he knew I was wearing something. I had to press him to rate it and it was just "nice"... as if being polite.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by kaycees

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My husband LOVES this fragrance. He could not - make that cannot stop smelling me. He says it's "lucious, elegant, sexy." I own hundreds of fragrances - high end, niche, exquisite fragrances, and he has never liked any of them ever. He says I must wear this fragrance always. I cannot believe it. BTW, I am wearing the body lotion only. Go figure.Me? I don't get it and I'm not a big fan, but I'm a big fan of my hubby, so I guess this is my go-to fragrance from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Benjaminjohnson

Stunning. Elegant. Feminine. Subtle but wears long. And definitely modern!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is unequivocally, remarkably, utterly, incredibly, vile. It smells like unwashed lady parts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is light and somewhat spicy but a bit flowery, for my taste. Good for lunch with the girls or church. It's a very feminine scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is so beautiful when first sprayed and for the following hour or two. I kept smelling myself as I shopped, and almost bought a FB. However, once it dries down, the tuberose and woody notes ruined it for me and made it smell like any other floral perfume out there, kind of musty and very boring. My chemistry does not like tuberose, however. I'll pass on this.