Estee Lauder Modern Muse

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Modern Muse is a very nice perfume...
Exotic Mandarin
Patchouli
Amber Wood
Soft Musk
Madagascar Vanilla
Smells like flowers....a little soapy...close to SJP Lovely...will be nice for spring & summer...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My current favourite. Subtle enough for daytime, and sexy enough for evening. This fragrance is fairly heavy-handed on the muguet notes (but I love muguet!). Not a sweet fragrance, I would describe it as subtle, sexy, floral, sophisticated.

on 3/9/2015 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells really generic. I think there is an Avon perfume that smells like this, but not sure which one. It's also headache inducing for me. I do like the bottle though, I think it looks classy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I truly don't understand the appeal for this at all.
Smells of cheap synthetic chemicals and it has that plastic note that I just can't stand! The bottle is ugly too. I assume they wanted a modern, sophisticated middle class woman scent, but this is so gross. It would give me a headache if I had to work with someone who drenched themselves in it.

on 2/2/2015 3:42:00 PM

I bought mine in a rush at a duty free shop at Domodedovo Airport in Russia... it was in a rush when I choose some perfume options.. and i was stunned by this one!!!! i do not know how to explain the smell but I think i smell paradise!!! this smell is so addictive... i wrote some review for some perfume s which I have as well.. such as Narciso Rodriguez for her EDP which people knew as my sign for the pas 5 years... but really.... this Modern Muse... OMG I feel so sexy, confident, elegant, and feeling as a special woman with the the smell of this on my body!!!!!! wanna feel another special feeling??? buy this one women!!!

on 1/25/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a nice perfume but I prefer Modern Muse Chic because I like woody smells. I also find that Modern Muse doesn't last at all and it's an Eau de parfum but the Chic will last forever.

on 12/30/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't like this at all reminds me a lot of SJP's lovely perfume, except that's one I actually like its much cleaner and fresher not to mention cheaper, and Lovely doesn't have that weird aqua net hairspray in the dry down that modern muse does. Definitely opt for SJP''s lovely over modern muse.

on 12/26/2014 5:48:00 PM

I first experienced modern muse by smelling the bottle at the estee lauder counter because i wanted to buy my mom the blockbuster makeup kit for christmas and you had to purchase the fragrance. It was heavy and not pleasing to my senses. I wound up buying the pleasures roller ball because i really didnt want to spend money on a fragrance. My mom loved her makeup but does not like fragrance so she gave me the sample of modern muse that came with her kit. I am surprised that I really really like this. It just blends so nicely jwith my chemistry. It smells spicy yet floral yet citrus. I usually wear clean fragrance so I was really surprised.

on 12/19/2014 12:18:00 AM

The first time I smelled this on someone, I thought she hadn't bathed that day. Then I smelled it on someone else and thought the same thing. It seems incredibly strange to me that women like this fragrance, because it reminds me of a perfumed-over B.O.stench that is insidious and quite off-putting in my estimation. I actually dared to spray this on myself one day when I knew I would be home all day and not in contact with other humans, and was so grossed out by the stench that I had to shower it off. B.O. in a bottle for sure.

on 10/28/2014 12:24:00 AM

Love this EDP...is just what I wanted Narciso Rodriguez for her to be like. MM Its more feminine, yet it has some of the darker slight manly accords in the mix...just perfection!!!.

Popular Fragrances