July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Modern Muse

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is unequivocally, remarkably, utterly, incredibly, vile. It smells like unwashed lady parts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is light and somewhat spicy but a bit flowery, for my taste. Good for lunch with the girls or church. It's a very feminine scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is so beautiful when first sprayed and for the following hour or two. I kept smelling myself as I shopped, and almost bought a FB. However, once it dries down, the tuberose and woody notes ruined it for me and made it smell like any other floral perfume out there, kind of musty and very boring. My chemistry does not like tuberose, however. I'll pass on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by KiwiRach

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! It smells of 'me', which is hard to explain, but basically I'm not aware of it once I spray it on.... It just works so well as my everyday smell. Would definitely buy again - has quite an expensive, classy smell. Nothing harsh or cheap about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by mpauletteb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from the EL counter. I thought it was quite lovely at first, but after wearing it a few times, have to conclude that it is rather generic. I'll use up the rest of the sample, it's completely inoffensive, but won't miss it when it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by 181818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Modern Muse Fragrance Notes

Top Notes
Mandarin, Dewy petals

Middle Notes
Tuberose, Lily, Honeysuckle nectar, Jasmine sambac, Chinese jasmine sambac absolute

Base Notes
Patchouli, Madagascan vanilla, Amber wood, Musk
love all the notes a lot, my favorite and it smells wonderful and got a great deal
on it from Frag Net, not affiliated love a good deal and percent off, nm

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While at the mall on Sunday I dropped by the fragrance section of the store looking for the oil from Narciso Rodriguez but they never had any to sell. The sales lady at the Estee Lauder counter asked me if I would like a sample of Modern Muse and I asked her if it had a woodsy scent to which she replied it is so beautiful you will love it if you like woodsy smelling perfumes. I took it home and waited until a few days later to try it. I sprayed one good spray onto one of my arms and actually thought it was vey nice, strong in a way yet nice until a few hours later when it developed into Lovely's apple martini scent which growled at me. I ran to scrub it off with some lavender scented soap and couldnt get the smell off of me. I read somewhere where another person related Modern Muse to one of my very favorite perfumes by Liz Claiborne called Vivid which to my nose they smell nothing alike.. Now I have been trying with no luck to find a bottle of Vivid but am not doing well with that idea.. The scent of Modern Muse lasted until the next afternoon, while it simmered down and quit growling at me I finally smelled the soft musk which made it quite nice, however even after trying to kill the scent with lavender soap. I would not purchase Modern Muse for the fact alone it resembles Lovely which I dont like even after trying it several times, my chemistry just cant do anything with the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is reminiscent of fresh, clean laundry on a sunny day, with just a hint of fresh rain ozone. It's floral and crisp, but not cloying or tart. A hint of woods and musk round out the freshness to make it a bit more substantial. Definitely an everyday work type fragrance with average to low staying power.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by CareyStephens

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this perfume for myself at Christmas along with a make-up set. Part of the pleasure in wearing a perfume for me are the compliments that I get that it smells nice and suits me. Unfortunately in this instance the compliments didn't come and one person even said that he really didn't like it.
The reviews had said that this perfume was not long lasting or very strong and I would have to agree with this comment. I love perfume and sprayed this one on at least three times a day in order that I could still smell it. I realise that everyone has different skin that suits different perfumes and very unfortunately this one wasn't for me. Such a shame as I am very faithfull to cosmetic ranges once I try one thing in the range that suits me. This didn't.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by nunyabiness

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only smelled this in a magazine insert, but...

It smells way too much like Jasmine...too "in your face." Not subtle at all, and offensive, even though I like Jasmine.

"The first accord, accord of jasmine, blends exotic notes of mandarin, tuberose, fresh lily, honeysuckle, dewy petals, Sambac jasmine and Chinese Sambac jasmine absolute. The sleek woods accord combines two types of patchouli, Madagascar vanilla, amber wood and soft musk. "