January 27, 2015 | 2052 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Modern Muse

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2015 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Hannah1979

It's a nice perfume but I prefer Modern Muse Chic because I like woody smells. I also find that Modern Muse doesn't last at all and it's an Eau de parfum but the Chic will last forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Kris1130

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't like this at all reminds me a lot of SJP's lovely perfume, except that's one I actually like its much cleaner and fresher not to mention cheaper, and Lovely doesn't have that weird aqua net hairspray in the dry down that modern muse does. Definitely opt for SJP''s lovely over modern muse.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first experienced modern muse by smelling the bottle at the estee lauder counter because i wanted to buy my mom the blockbuster makeup kit for christmas and you had to purchase the fragrance. It was heavy and not pleasing to my senses. I wound up buying the pleasures roller ball because i really didnt want to spend money on a fragrance. My mom loved her makeup but does not like fragrance so she gave me the sample of modern muse that came with her kit. I am surprised that I really really like this. It just blends so nicely jwith my chemistry. It smells spicy yet floral yet citrus. I usually wear clean fragrance so I was really surprised.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by hapapower

The first time I smelled this on someone, I thought she hadn't bathed that day. Then I smelled it on someone else and thought the same thing. It seems incredibly strange to me that women like this fragrance, because it reminds me of a perfumed-over B.O.stench that is insidious and quite off-putting in my estimation. I actually dared to spray this on myself one day when I knew I would be home all day and not in contact with other humans, and was so grossed out by the stench that I had to shower it off. B.O. in a bottle for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Viviana25

Love this EDP...is just what I wanted Narciso Rodriguez for her to be like. MM Its more feminine, yet it has some of the darker slight manly accords in the mix...just perfection!!!.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first sniffed Modern Muse by Estée Lauder in the department store. The perfume was sprayed on paper by the smiling sales associate and wafted under my nose. I smiled politely and said something like, “that’s nice; a light citrus-floral.” My inner dialog, however, could have been described as a cynical tirade and I dismissed MM as another generic designer release in a pretty bottle.

Recently, my mother acquired a MM mini and I decided to actually (gasp) try on the perfume. She held her wrist out and I was surprised when the “floriental” revealed white florals floating on top of a sensual amber-musk. So I rolled up a sleeve and sprayed. The apologetic citrus opening quickly died down to reveal a large dose of serious, animalic white floral; I wouldn’t have experienced the fleshy jasmine and oily musk on paper.

Does MM smell like Narciso Rodriguez for Her? A little, but as other reviewers pointed out, For Her is richer and more suggestive. Perhaps one could think of MM as an easy to wear white floral suitable for all ages; unfortunately crowd pleasing does not equal innovation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Mak3upObsessed

If you want an overpriced toilet spray then this is it! Smells like toilet spray but 10x pricer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

I may be premature in reviewing this, so may post and edit later on. I smelled this on a friend while having lunch and I couldn't stop sniffing her. When she told me what it was, I was surprised because normally Estee Lauder fragrances make me gag. After lunch, I just happened to have to buy some of my holy grail EL makeup remover at Macy's and saw the GWP with Modern Muse body lotion. I've been wearing the body lotion as my fragrance all week and I really like it. However, I don't know how it will smell when wearing the perfume, so will test it the next time I'm in a dept store. I normally like light scents, so I hope I'm not disappointed in the stronger perfume.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells like one of those cheap solid clip-in toilet bowl deodorizers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a very clean and soapy fragrance. It's light. It smelled delicious on the paper tester but on my skin all I could smell was jasmine and honeysuckle. It's an average fragrance that doesn't really smell very unique or inspiring. This fragrance just seems like it is trying too hard. The marketing sounded fabulous and it made me excited to try it. When I spritzed it on, I tried really hard to like it. And then I forgot about it. Nothing memorable, sadly. The fiance said it was "nice". Meaning it was really only okay. If he likes something, he always says I'm smell so good. When I wore this, he had nothing to say only that he knew I was wearing something. I had to press him to rate it and it was just "nice"... as if being polite.