Cover FX Total cover Cream Foundation SPF 30

3.5

Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tris (PPG-3 Benzyl Ether) Citrate, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate, Squalane, Triacontanyl PVP, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Tribehenin, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetic Acid, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

I don't normally use the word hate but I literally hated this foundation. I purchased it prior to travelling(mistake#1) and didn't use it enough prior to leaving. I haven't had issues with shininess in tzone since I was in bloody junior high but after an hour with this on my face, it looked like I was using crisco as a moisturizer.

I couldn't believe how terrible it made my skin look. Empathized any bit of flakiness I had and enlarged my pores. It was so bad my bf actually asked why I was so "sweaty".

Never again.

One lip for coverage and amount of colour choices.

I have severely dry, eczematic and rosacea skin. I had been using the dinair airbrush for many years but it took a lot of daily cleaning and maintenance and I just didn't have time to deal with that anymore. after many trial and errors with other cream foundation (that broke me out btw) I decided to try this. OMG this foundation is amazing. I use a flat foundation brush to apply and finish it off with the illuminating powder. instead of putting the brush straight into the make up (very unhygienic) I use a spoon to scoop out the smallest amount of make up. you don't need a lot of this stuff. the tiniest bit goes a long way. it blends really well and covers all of my redness. it also makes me skin feel better and healthier. my skin stays moisturized all day long especially during this dry winter. considering that, I'm assuming this May not be good for oily skin types.

on 2/1/2015 11:01:00 PM

This is a great foundation. It was actually my first foundation that wasn't liquid and changed my view of the makeup world completely. I'm ghostly pale and the shade n10 is the only foundation that's ever almost seamlessly matched me. pros: absolutely full coverage without being cakey, glowy/slightly dewy finish, perfect color match, photographs well. cons: actually made turned my t-zone oily by the end of the day which was weird for me seeing as I have normal to dry skin, creased in my smile lines no matter what prep/application method, a remained sticky throughout the day and I would constantly have to pull my hair off of my fave. overall a wonderful foundation, I don't think I'd enjoy it much for everyday use though.

on 1/4/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I don't know how to review this foundation even though it's the only one I used every week in 2014, regardless of new purchases or infatuations. I do spot concealing with it first and then sheer out a layer beginning in the center of my face or use a powder foundation. As the day goes on and it warms on my skin it may eventually look more dewy but I've yet to have it look cakey or heavy. It appears darker in the fompact than my other foundations yet doesn't appear like a mask when I wear it. Somehow it works. This foundation lasts well with or without a primer. On its own it doesn't do much to blur pores but it also doesn't exaggerate them. A damp makeup wedge/Beauty Blender or fingers blend it out the best (for me).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ok peeps, this foundation isn't for everyone, but I have dry, aging skin and I live in a desert. This is the only foundation that looks good ALL DAY on my skin. And don't freak out about it being full coverage. Just buff a little in and it's very sheer and perfect on my skin. Again, it's not for everyone, but it is perfect for the right person.

Edit: I still love this, but it wears off unevenly during the day a little.

on 12/14/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

pros :
- great shade selection. I picked P10, and it's the best match i've ever found in a non-mineral foundation. Looks great on my NW/C 5-10 skin.
- nice finish, very natural looking, even on dry patches
- versatile coverage : you can apply it sheer with your fingers, or build it up to a super full coverage with a sponge.
- good lasting power on my dry skin
- multitasking : it worked great as an all-over foundation, as well as an undereye concealer or a spot concealer.

cons :
- kinda pricy
- might be too greasy on an oilier skin than mine
- it broke me out...

My expectations were so hiiiiigh for this product... My skin is super dry and intolerant with rosacea. It was fine for the first days of wear but my rosacea started coming back after 4/5 days... I'm so dissapointed, I mean, this is meant for my skin type and my skin condition, but nope, no way.
Now I can only use it as a spot and undereye concealer on top on powder mineral foundation (which works fantastic and doesn't irritate my skin BTW), and so I'm still on the hunt for a liquid or cream foundation that's fair enough and won't piss off my skin...

I think it would work nicely for someone with dry skin and moderate sensitivity, but that's it.

on 12/9/2014 10:01:00 AM

This foundation streaks and its oily but dries out skin. younblood is great. I'm trying IT celebration foundation next.

on 11/7/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

When I first began using this cream foundation, I loved it. The shade was perfect and the coverage was a dream. But then I began noticing how oily my T zone looked a couple hours after application. Well, okay, nothing is perfect, so I just used some blotting papers here and there.

However, after a couple weeks of continued use, I noticed I was breaking out. All over my face. I don't normally have acne much now that I'm older, but man, this stuff was killing my skin.

I've stopped using it and I'm still dealing with the post-breakout hyperpigmentation that breakouts leave me with. I really wish I'd never bought this product as the Sephora rep suggested. It's got some pretty toxic chemicals in it that made my skin look awful.

I'm going back to my mineral makeups (i.e. Jane Iredale, Gabriel Cosmetics, etc.)!!!

on 10/24/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my Holy Grail foundation/concealer. I can't believe that before a few weeks ago I'd never heard of this stuff. I've tried countless foundations - from Bare Minerals, to Make Up Forever, to Lancome, to Revlon, to Vichy - and have never had a colour match like I do in Cover FX. This stuff literally blends SEAMLESSLY into my skin. Something my pale little face could only ever dream of. I have really, really, really, cool undertones - Clinique and Estee Lauder don't even go cool enough for me - but this stuff is perfect.

I bought my Cover FX at Shoppers Drug Mart for $42. Coverage wise, you can't get better than this. When past foundations say 'buildable coverage' it usually translates to 'cakey quasi-coverage' but this stuff just literally layers on and blends like a dream to cover my darkly pigmented acne scars. I have oily skin so I pat a layer of Cover FX's Matte Setting Powder over the foundation for a seamless finish.

Application: this is a big area where others seem to go astray. I use (and have used for years with various foundations and will never use anything else) Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. This brush allows me to stipple on the foundation - where it is a thicker, cream consistency it doesn't 'paint' on like a traditional foundation - for liquid devotees this may take some getting used to but is 1000000% worth it.

The real kicker with this stuff is that it doubles as a concealer. If I had read that sentence before trying this stuff I would've laughed, but it's honestly true. I'm a hardcore coverage junkie (Hard Candy's Glamouflage was my go-to, in all it's oily petroleum-laden nastiness, it covered what I needed it to) and this stuff rises to the challenge. Dark purple acne scars are erased, under-eye circles are banished, current acne spots are masked.

Last but definitely not least, Cover FX is made here in Canada (bonus!), this foundation has SPF 30 in it (double bonus!), and is free of the 'inflammatory five': gluten, mineral oil, fragrance, parabens and talc.

I can't get over this stuff, seriously give it a try.

I am a beauty consultant at a shoppers drug mart beauty boutique, so I have access to a vast amount of cosmetics. Recently, Cover FX reformulated their whole line. So instead of the E, M, F and N shades, they streamlined it so it is now P, N, andG. And the cream foundation is so much better. I had tried it before and hated it. I wondered who would possibly like this, but now it's amazing. I don't know what they did, but they made this foundation sheer to full coverage (customizable), lightweight, breathable, and it doesn't cake up. New HG.