Cover FX Total cover Cream Foundation SPF 30

3.4

Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tris (PPG-3 Benzyl Ether) Citrate, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate, Squalane, Triacontanyl PVP, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Tribehenin, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetic Acid, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

I appreciate this foundation for its range of shades (I use the palest, N0) and its buildable coverage. It is really smooth, not cakey or too thick like you might expect a cream foundation to be. I have a somewhat oily T-zone, I occasionally get a cystic zit, and my skin sometimes gets flaky over my blackheads. Cover FX covers it all without looking oily or slicking off or bothering my skin. If you're extremely oily, I wouldn't recommend it, but it works just as well on my oily days as it does on my normal days/dry skin patches. It generally lasts 8 hours on me without a primer or setting powder/spray.

If you apply with your fingers (I do, because it looks more natural on me), sanitize your compact often.

My only caution would be that if you live in a hot climate, you need a setting spray, because it will melt off if you don't use one.

I bought this despite the outrageous price because I had seen rave reviews. It provides a"full" coverage, I use questions because it definitely covers more than most, but not everything. I love the color choices, it's rare I find a foundation that is fair enough, but the oeuvre is where I can't fathom another buy. I had used Maybellines Dream Mousse foundation for years and receive about the same effect for 1/4 of the cost. The colors aren't as accurate, but for the price reduction I can handle that. It does wear a bit longer, but not enough to sway me. It's a good product, but for the price it's not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have never been a fan of creme foundations. For as far back as I can remember I have always used a liquid foundation, but having been recently introduced to the Cover FX line, I thought I would try a couple of their products out.

I was drawn to the brand because of a bad hormonal break out along my jawline. Because I scar so easily, I was getting tired of the foundation, concealer, powder routine. I was already using 2 of their primers (depending on my skin) the Anti Acne Mattifying Primer and their Calming Primer.
As a mom to 4 I needed something quick without too much fuss. The SA recommended this product and after a demonstration on my face and how effortlessly I looked with just a quick swipe of some of the product I was sold. It can transfer, but it can be waterproof if you use their loose powder to seal it in. Overall, this has great coverage for me, doesn't feel cakey, and I can literally have my face done in a couple of minutes. Def my HG foundation for now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try out a new high end foundation, and I LOVE the Cover FX Mattifying Primer so I assumed that their foundations would be superb. I bought it online because I had a coupon code that I used to get 40% off; therefore I did not pay full price. However, I still did NOT like this foundation very much.

When it arrived at my house, I opened the box and the product itself was sweating and there were unnecessary watermarks all over my foundation. The actual packaging felt like a cheap plastic like material. Dont get me wrong, it wasn't the worst.. but it did not seem like a $42 foundation.

The foundation itself was extremely hard to work with for me. Maybe because it's my first cream foundation.. but i wasn't sure how to use it to create a flawless finish. I first tried my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it was applying unevenly. I tried the sponge that it came with, and it was better but still not very appropriate. I lastly used my fingers, and it was horrific. Someone please let me know how you guys were able to make it work.

All in all, I regret this purchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Wanted love this foundation. But no matter how much I moisturize, prime, prep my skin it makes my skin look like total crap. I have dry skin and it didn't enhance it or anything, it just made my pores look HUGE and it's so streaky and it's just not great. However, the coverage is good, but I just wish it looked better. This could really be a good foundation. If you have normal skin (not too dry but not too oily) this good work for you. Oily people, you could use this if you had mattifying primer or powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm not going to sugarcoat it or be diplomatic about it: this is the worst foundation I've ever worked with and have tried.

If it works for you, stellar. I have few positive things to say about it: it does have a very extensive shade range (although, still limited in some ways--if you are not neutral and pale or a POC, you're kind of screwed--their shade ranges are best developed in the neutral tones, but it's still pretty good compared to a lot of other brands.) It's also developed with sensitive skins in mind, though, I still can't help but roll my eyes at its claim that mineral oil is comedogenic (it's been debunked already through multiple peer review medical journals--at this point, it's marketing hype for those that don't know any better.) It did not make my sensitive skin break out, however.

It is a cream foundation in the sense of days of old: it's very firm while in the container and warming it up doesn't particularly help. I attempted to apply it several different ways: fingers, brush, and Beautyblender. All three resulted in very patchy, greasy, and streaky looking applications. It tends to be on the fuller coverage side, though, depending on how you apply it, it does make a difference.

This foundation did the most amazing magic trick, though. Not only did it make my skin look greasy, it emphasized all the flakes on my face. It wore all right, but it was a nightmare to get off my skin. I did have to resort to an oil to take it off.

Bottom line: Cover FX has some great and interesting things in its line, this isn't one of them.

Pros:

- Fuller coverage (for those that like it)
- Variety of shade options (particularly for those who are neutral)
- Geared towards those with sensitive skin
- Long-wearing

Cons:

- Difficult to apply
- Hard to work with
- Emphasized flakes
- Looked greasy
- More limited options if you have strong P or G undertones and sit on the ends of the skin color spectrum.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm very fair and cool toned. i have this in the shade n0, which is a little light for me but it works fine.

there isn't really much i like about this foundation. until a year or so ago i never used liquid foundation, only cream compacts, and i normally find cream foundations easy to apply. this one, not so. it has a very thick, stiff texture, which means the sponge (i use my own sponge, not the one that comes with the compact) doesn't pick up much product, even when dampened, and drags on my skin.

a plus though is that once applied it doesn't require buffing like a liquid foundation, just a bit of smoothing over which can be done with the sponge or with powder. once it's applied, it lasts forever. does not come off until you want it to. if you are happy to work with the difficult texture, it's otherwise a good quality foundation with full coverage, and the shade range is enormous. i won't repurchase though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- Very high coverage
- Great finish (dewy, pretty skin-like, not too heavy-looking)
- Buildable
- Travel-friendly (comes in a typical pan with a mirror and a sponge)
- Easy to apply (fingers and sponge gives best coverage for me, brushes are a bit streaky)
- Great color range in cool, neutral and warm (ACTUALLY yellow!) shades
- Great staying range

CONS:
- Oily-skinned people, be sure to wear some sort of mattifying primer or something underneath because I pretty much looked shiny from the get-go
- Pricey ($42)
- Melts in the pan in warmer weather (still works, but icky and can make you pick up too much on your brush)
- Settles into eye creases and mouth-area creases (haven't found a way around this)
- Can emphasize flakes depending on application method

I will be honest, I angsted about returning because it covered blemishes SO incredibly well and didn't emphasize skin texture or peach fuzz as much as Kat von D. Also, the dewy finish was genuinely lovely and looked more natural that the KvD (which looked like concrete on me.)

However, I did return for a few reasons. It was definitely too greasy for my oily skin and migrated around, even after powder. Also, I'm NC25 in MAC (very yellow), and I was surprisingly stuck between THREE colors - N40 (neutral, a HAIR dark), G40 (very yellow, also a hair dark) and G30 (less yellow, lighter than G40, a hair too neutral). It was too expensive of a cream foundation to buy in TWO shades, so if I had to choose, I would go with G30, but N40 and G30 both looked equally good on me in the summer.

I think this foundation would be really great for those with dry or normal skin and require heavier finishes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This remained my go-to foundation for a long time; these days I've tried to use tinted moisturizer/BB cream and concealer to minimize cake-ness but as my stress level rises and my face's pimple population rises, I will probably be going back to this :]. I used it along with the CoverFX foundation brush and my friends would tell me my face looked amazing every time they saw me.

I was first referred to it many years back when my face had gotten extremely sensitive from harsh products (gets red easily, breaks out, very dry but T-zone gets oily). I discovered it when I asked someone at Sephora for a recommendation for sensitive, acne-prone, flakey dry but also T-zone face (the sephora I go to has been good for me in terms of recommendation, although I understand it completely depends on location and staff) and I think she told me it was developed with sensitive skin in mind (something as severe as burn victims). Throughout the years, I have heard this constantly praised by make-up artists which relieves me that much more.

I tend to want foundation that not only does a good job in the short-term (making my skin look like I have no worries at all), but also beneficial long-term (maintain the quality of my skin so that I may keep it for years to come), and this does both very well. It also has SPF which is a nice plus, and on those nights where I partied a bit hard the night before, I find that when I wake up it is relatively still there (vs others I have tried; MUFE HD was also recommended and has similar benefits but from my experience, it never lasted long on my face and would fade in a few hours if that). A majority of the time, I found that my skin looked BETTER having slept with it on which is great for someone like me that needs a bit of flexibility in case I have one of those nights where I pass out ;]. It does tend to get a bit oily in the summer for me, but I find the use of powder after application to set it does the trick (used to use the MUFE HD powder but found corn starch to work just as well!). Also, it lasts a very long time; a little goes a long way and it is important to remember! I think I started applying a bit too much because I loved it so much, and that made it seem cakey, which I need to control.

I don't normally use the word hate but I literally hated this foundation. I purchased it prior to travelling(mistake#1) and didn't use it enough prior to leaving. I haven't had issues with shininess in tzone since I was in bloody junior high but after an hour with this on my face, it looked like I was using crisco as a moisturizer.

I couldn't believe how terrible it made my skin look. Empathized any bit of flakiness I had and enlarged my pores. It was so bad my bf actually asked why I was so "sweaty".

Never again.

One lip for coverage and amount of colour choices.