December 19, 2014 | 1580 users online

Foundations - Cover FX - Total cover Cream Foundation SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by MaraDraffnon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

pros :
- great shade selection. I picked P10, and it's the best match i've ever found in a non-mineral foundation. Looks great on my NW/C 5-10 skin.
- nice finish, very natural looking, even on dry patches
- versatile coverage : you can apply it sheer with your fingers, or build it up to a super full coverage with a sponge.
- good lasting power on my dry skin
- multitasking : it worked great as an all-over foundation, as well as an undereye concealer or a spot concealer.

cons :
- kinda pricy
- might be too greasy on an oilier skin than mine
- it broke me out...

My expectations were so hiiiiigh for this product... My skin is super dry and intolerant with rosacea. It was fine for the first days of wear but my rosacea started coming back after 4/5 days... I'm so dissapointed, I mean, this is meant for my skin type and my skin condition, but nope, no way.
Now I can only use it as a spot and undereye concealer on top on powder mineral foundation (which works fantastic and doesn't irritate my skin BTW), and so I'm still on the hunt for a liquid or cream foundation that's fair enough and won't piss off my skin...

I think it would work nicely for someone with dry skin and moderate sensitivity, but that's it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this ..... my favorite foundation .Doublewear by estee being the worse

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by emmerdale941

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first began using this cream foundation, I loved it. The shade was perfect and the coverage was a dream. But then I began noticing how oily my T zone looked a couple hours after application. Well, okay, nothing is perfect, so I just used some blotting papers here and there.

However, after a couple weeks of continued use, I noticed I was breaking out. All over my face. I don't normally have acne much now that I'm older, but man, this stuff was killing my skin.

I've stopped using it and I'm still dealing with the post-breakout hyperpigmentation that breakouts leave me with. I really wish I'd never bought this product as the Sephora rep suggested. It's got some pretty toxic chemicals in it that made my skin look awful.

I'm going back to my mineral makeups (i.e. Jane Iredale, Gabriel Cosmetics, etc.)!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by BridgetV11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my Holy Grail foundation/concealer. I can't believe that before a few weeks ago I'd never heard of this stuff. I've tried countless foundations - from Bare Minerals, to Make Up Forever, to Lancome, to Revlon, to Vichy - and have never had a colour match like I do in Cover FX. This stuff literally blends SEAMLESSLY into my skin. Something my pale little face could only ever dream of. I have really, really, really, cool undertones - Clinique and Estee Lauder don't even go cool enough for me - but this stuff is perfect.

I bought my Cover FX at Shoppers Drug Mart for $42. Coverage wise, you can't get better than this. When past foundations say 'buildable coverage' it usually translates to 'cakey quasi-coverage' but this stuff just literally layers on and blends like a dream to cover my darkly pigmented acne scars. I have oily skin so I pat a layer of Cover FX's Matte Setting Powder over the foundation for a seamless finish.

Application: this is a big area where others seem to go astray. I use (and have used for years with various foundations and will never use anything else) Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. This brush allows me to stipple on the foundation - where it is a thicker, cream consistency it doesn't 'paint' on like a traditional foundation - for liquid devotees this may take some getting used to but is 1000000% worth it.

The real kicker with this stuff is that it doubles as a concealer. If I had read that sentence before trying this stuff I would've laughed, but it's honestly true. I'm a hardcore coverage junkie (Hard Candy's Glamouflage was my go-to, in all it's oily petroleum-laden nastiness, it covered what I needed it to) and this stuff rises to the challenge. Dark purple acne scars are erased, under-eye circles are banished, current acne spots are masked.

Last but definitely not least, Cover FX is made here in Canada (bonus!), this foundation has SPF 30 in it (double bonus!), and is free of the 'inflammatory five': gluten, mineral oil, fragrance, parabens and talc.

I can't get over this stuff, seriously give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by CarissaDawwn

I am a beauty consultant at a shoppers drug mart beauty boutique, so I have access to a vast amount of cosmetics. Recently, Cover FX reformulated their whole line. So instead of the E, M, F and N shades, they streamlined it so it is now P, N, andG. And the cream foundation is so much better. I had tried it before and hated it. I wondered who would possibly like this, but now it's amazing. I don't know what they did, but they made this foundation sheer to full coverage (customizable), lightweight, breathable, and it doesn't cake up. New HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Kabana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for years for a concealer or foundation that will cover hyperpigmentation and still looks natural. I have melasma along my jawline and it is very difficult to get natural looking coverage. I wear revlon colorstay or Estee Lauder double wear and they have excellent coverage but do not cover 100%. I like the dermablend concealer in the tube but the colors are too pink for my skin. I have read good things about the Cover FX cream so I purchased it in shade G20 (a perfect match for ELDW 2w1 Dawn).

I tried applying it a few different ways and a damp beauty blender seems to work the best for me. I noticed that applied alone it does not last long even when set with powder but applied over ELDW it lasts all day and looks perfectly natural and gives 100% coverage.

This foundation is NOT for everyone, it is thick and can be tricky to apply but if you need a lot of coverage and are willing to experiment it is well worth it. I removed one lippie for lack of staying power when applied alone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this makeup which was gifted to me by my lovely and talented makeup artist friend. It's chalk full of skin loving anti-oxidants and has got some major coverage power, probably the best out of all the high end foundations. It also has an expiration date which I found to be a wonderful and important addition. Unfortunately those are the only positives I can come up with in a sea of negatives.

Looking for a full coverage foundation or even beyond full coverage (hiding dark or light spots, scars)? Look no further if that's what you want. PROVIDED you're skin leans toward oily. If you have normal or dry skin, forget it. Matter of fact run from this stuff because it's going to emphasize dry patches and pores bigtime - ironic for a foundation that markets itself as a full flaw coverage remedy. Like other reviewers note, this stuff is very difficult to apply. It is really thick and feels emollient when pre application/on fingers but as soon as you attempt to spread it onto the face it goes on dry and sticky, making streak free application impossible. Also, the only way to apply this is by warming up between fingers and quickly attempting to spread. It looks terrible applied with a brush or sponge. After I tried to use this about 10 times, I decided maybe it would work well as a spot concealer but alas, no dice their either. I prepped and primed (using Cover FX amazing primer which is my HG primer), applied, then put another foundation over it but those spots/sections looked cakey. Since my pal had given me 3 to try, one of which was too light for me, I thought the lighter one would work for under eyes but it pooled and settled into fine lines, making what ordinarily isn't noticeable stand out. Basically I had to give up on this product. Oh yeah, I almost forgot: This costs $42.00 - gulp! I would have been soooo p@ssed had I purchased it from a retailer based on all of its false promises. Bottom line: Whatever your skintype happens to be, the bottom line is that I just don't find this to be a high quality foundation.

I am sure if you have naturally soft and texturally flawless skin this will make you look model perfect; however, not many of us do and as I stated, this defeats the purpose re a scar or flaw coverage foundation all together. I do not recommend this product to anyone with dry skin, pore size or coverage concerns, or who prefers tool application over fingers. [NOTE: I am NC30 in the winter and my color match was M50.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The product offers amazing full coverage, but it's also heavier and unfortunately I didn't like how it sat on my skin (specifically my oily T-zone). It never felt like it set, regardless of the amount of powder & setting spray I used.

It would probably be better suited for normal to dry skin type, or simply for spot covereage. I couldn't see myself using it again except if there was some big major event and I suffered from a massive breakout. I find I get enough extra coverage with their matte compressed powder.

On the good side Coverfx products are free of parabens, sulphates, Phthalates, fragrance, gluten, mineral oil, and talc.

If you're looking at the product in-store definitely test it out. I've found people will either love it or hate it.

Hope this helps! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A YouTuber I watch had been raving about the CoverFX Total Cover Cream Foundation, so I decided to pick it up. I have a really hard time finding good color matches for my super pale skin and the shade range in the CoverFX line is fantastic, at least at the pale end.

I will admit that I'm not very familiar with the CoverFX line. I do like their philosophy, that makeup should actually improve your skin over time. Their cosmetics are free of many irritants commonly found in cosmetics and they are supposed to be great for people with sensitive skin.

Cover FX describes the product as a rich emollient based cream foundation with SPF 30 offering flexible coverage. For All Skin types.

I have dry skin. Really, I cannot stress enough just how dry my skin is. After cleansing, it is incredibly tight and without lots of moisturizing and exfoliation, I am very prone to flaking and even to cracking and bleeding. My skin is dry. Dry, dry, dry.

I went to the counter and got shade matched to N10, which is a fairly good match, maybe even (gasp) a smidge too light.

The finish of the foundation, however, was awful for me. This foundation sat terribly on my skin. Since the PR materials specifically used the word "emollient" and it says its suitable for all skin types - and when I tested it in store, it didn't feel drying - I thought it would be okay.

It wasn't okay.

This stuff just clung to my skin. It would not move, even with a damp beauty blender. (I did pick up the CoverFX cream foundation brush as well and it was equally disasterous at applying this product on my skin). The foundation applied incredibly unevenly. It would be really sheer in places and then pool in my pores and grab onto patches of dry skin. It looked terrible.

Now, I know that I probably could have improved things if I'd worn a primer with slip under the foundation. But I generally don't wear primers because my skin is so dry. And really, at this price point, I am not willing to go out of my way and add extra products into my routine to make something work.

For $42, you work or you go back. So ... it went back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and I have a prefference for cream foundations. I like cream foundations because it gives me a semi matte look, and I never look cakey.

Cover Fx cream foundation is reminiscent of Mac's Full Coverage foundation. It's both creamy, full coverage, a little goes a long way, blends beautifully BUT like some reviewers said, you need work to use this foundation:

1. Prep your skin well with moisturizer/ serum. This foundation will accentuate dry patches.

2. A little goes a long way. I use a flat, synthetic brush and put stripe marks on the center of my face then blend it outwards with a foundation brush ( I use Sephora's airbrush foundation brush)

3. Go back to the areas that need more coverage, then set it with a loose powder.

I don't have blemishes, or discoloration, so i don't have to build up the foundation much.

I love the finish and coverage that this foundation gives. If you pile on this foundation, you may end up looking very cakey and heavy. But if you want a clean, skin like realistic finish...then prep, blend, and build away with this foundation. The pay off is worthwhile, people always compliment my skin/ makeup.

Word of caution for fellow oily skin: I probably won't be using this in the summer time. It gives a very dewy finish, so it will be reserved for non hot weather days.