E.L.F. High Definition Powder-Corrective Yellow

4.2

SILICA AMORPHOUS, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER. ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS. (RATED LOWEST TOXIC FACE POWDER)

This product is amazing. Better then high end powder in my opinion. Stays matte ALL day with a beautiful brightening effect. Have nothing bad to say about this powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I paid around $15 USA dollars for this product thinking it was a more affordable version of Ben Nye’s Banana Powder, and also because the latter is not sold in my country. This pack only has 0.28 ounces, whereas the biggest Banana Powder bottle available has 3 oz., which means that to get the same amount I would’ve had paid almost 11 times more, making it $165 dollars! And since all E.L.F.’s products are made in China, the price is an even bigger issue.

Still, I decided to get this as a test to see if such powders could work for me.
The product is good to conceal my rosacea and the darkness under my eyes, but I also have a problem with very large and clogged pores, so when I add the powder it tints them yellow and makes them more visible.
It irritates my skin slightly, but the itching stops after a few minutes.

It’s not a bad product, but I should’ve gotten the original (Ben Nye) as it’s way cheaper, and perhaps has a better quality.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really hate the packaging for this powder, but it holds such an amazing product. This powder gives a gorgeous soft finish. Does a great job of setting liquid product and keep me from looking cakey. It can work for heavier looks, natural looks, or completely on its own.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Just purchased today, a little put off by the neon yellow color. Compared to my Ben Nye banana powder, the consistency of this ELF powder is way more "fine. Going to use this for a few weeks and will be back with an update :)

********************************UPDATE***********************************************************

SOO Ive been using this for about two weeks now, my opinion is to just save your 6bucks for the Ben nye banana powder (if you're already a fan like me). Gets EVERYWHERE, also looks cakey and leaves a white cast. Its like it settles into the fine lines and pores I do have. It DOES look okay under my eyes after I highlight BUT I do need to come back with a setting powder that's my skin tone to help with the powdery finish. WILL NOT REPURCHASE

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just poured what I have remaining in the HUGE jar into a small, travel sized jar with a screw top. It took me forever to use that much and the small pot I condensed it down to will probably honestly last at least one more year. I use this to set my undereye concealer and it works just great. I'm pretty liberal with it, I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender by patting it on, let it "cook" for a few minutes, then whisk the excess away with a fluffy brush. I always spray liberally with a setting spray to take away any of the powdery look. I use this on everyday occasions where I don't want to use my Anastasia yellow powder in the contour kit. This works pretty much the same but for a heck of a lot cheaper.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It can be messy I had powder everywhere. I don't like the little fluff applicator so I used a powder brush. I really love how it highlights I and I especially love the price.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I seem to be the odd duck here, because I don't really like this powder. It is too off colour for me that is very fair with pink undertones. I don't find that it corrects my skin tone in any way that a normal powder wouldn't do and after only a little while. it makes my skin oily in a very unpleasant way. It also looks cakey. I gave it two lippies because of the cheap price.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

By far my must have to finish my look. I have dull olive skin and this is perfect for setting and ensuring my makeup efforts are protected. It has the most amazing silky feel blends and blurs nicely (I wear a primer concealer foundation bronzer highlighter setting spray and then finish with this. Insane I know, I blame my never aging husband. Clearly I try and use anything that keeps me looking like I'm not a cougar when in public with him....oh yea and there's the whole cosmetologist career)this never settles into my few 30 year old laugh lines and wtf line in between my eyes haha even with that full face of makeup. I splurge on skincare and foundations but I never pass a steal especially one this effective. Definitely worth trying and being so cheap why not?!?!?.

Prior to trying this to help with brightening I never used a powder.....I'm hooked now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Very nice powder that makes my skin matte over my shiny sunscreen. The yellow tint makes me look less pale. The only thing I don't like is that the holes in the sifter seem to get clogged very easily so not much powder comes out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love this stuff it's so blackgirl girlfriendly. the yellow color helps to hide discoloration and hyperpigmentation. it also helps to conceal pores and set your foundation like magic. this is something I use on a daily basis it's cheap but high quality I couldn't ask for more, but wait there's more they give you so much product you'll have it for the longest time!!!

Recommended for Normal Skin