E.L.F. High Definition Powder-Corrective Yellow

4.5

SILICA AMORPHOUS, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER. ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS. (RATED LOWEST TOXIC FACE POWDER)

on 6/29/2015 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just poured what I have remaining in the HUGE jar into a small, travel sized jar with a screw top. It took me forever to use that much and the small pot I condensed it down to will probably honestly last at least one more year. I use this to set my undereye concealer and it works just great. I'm pretty liberal with it, I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender by patting it on, let it "cook" for a few minutes, then whisk the excess away with a fluffy brush. I always spray liberally with a setting spray to take away any of the powdery look. I use this on everyday occasions where I don't want to use my Anastasia yellow powder in the contour kit. This works pretty much the same but for a heck of a lot cheaper.

on 6/17/2015 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It can be messy I had powder everywhere. I don't like the little fluff applicator so I used a powder brush. I really love how it highlights I and I especially love the price.

on 6/11/2015 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I seem to be the odd duck here, because I don't really like this powder. It is too off colour for me that is very fair with pink undertones. I don't find that it corrects my skin tone in any way that a normal powder wouldn't do and after only a little while. it makes my skin oily in a very unpleasant way. It also looks cakey. I gave it two lippies because of the cheap price.

on 3/26/2015 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

By far my must have to finish my look. I have dull olive skin and this is perfect for setting and ensuring my makeup efforts are protected. It has the most amazing silky feel blends and blurs nicely (I wear a primer concealer foundation bronzer highlighter setting spray and then finish with this. Insane I know, I blame my never aging husband. Clearly I try and use anything that keeps me looking like I'm not a cougar when in public with him....oh yea and there's the whole cosmetologist career)this never settles into my few 30 year old laugh lines and wtf line in between my eyes haha even with that full face of makeup. I splurge on skincare and foundations but I never pass a steal especially one this effective. Definitely worth trying and being so cheap why not?!?!?.

Prior to trying this to help with brightening I never used a powder.....I'm hooked now.

on 2/1/2015 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Very nice powder that makes my skin matte over my shiny sunscreen. The yellow tint makes me look less pale. The only thing I don't like is that the holes in the sifter seem to get clogged very easily so not much powder comes out.

on 11/8/2014 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love this stuff it's so blackgirl girlfriendly. the yellow color helps to hide discoloration and hyperpigmentation. it also helps to conceal pores and set your foundation like magic. this is something I use on a daily basis it's cheap but high quality I couldn't ask for more, but wait there's more they give you so much product you'll have it for the longest time!!!

on 6/8/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

This is my daily setting/buffing powder. The white one leaves my face with a weird cast no matter how much I blend! I shake a small amount of this and my powder foundation in the lid and swirl with my studio powder brush (tap off excess) and buff into my skin, leaves me looking nice and 'naturally' matte. Not dead, not glowy or glittery but just nice and set foundation before applying bronzer/blush/luminizer. I always set my whole face with a toner before applying my mascara, it helps the powder 'melt' into the skin and look natural. Only downside is the packaging. It's nice at home when kept upright but if you travel with it, tape the holes shut or you end up with a powdery mess! Great price, great quality, great product! Thanks again ELF!

on 5/9/2014 1:49:00 PM

Love this stuff! I have redness and I enjoy the whole powder before foundation routine. I apply this to all my red areas like my cheeks,chin, and around my nose. I then use the Sephora Airbrush foundation and no redness coming though at all. It is a nice fine powder that I apply with a stipple brush ELF's small one works well. I can even use this powder on it's own if I stipple it on. Being cool toned it seems there is always some type of pink popping through and with this powder it really neutralizes it.

Plus it's way easier than using green corrector in my opinion. The price is excellent for the amount you get and I am very happy with this. If you have redness issues this is a great powder and if you use it before foundation it makes it even better. I love how long my makeup lasts and I'm talking all night dancing! Also as an oily person this is a great too because I do not get shiny with this at all. I do use a setting powder but otherwise I don't have to blot at all. Great corrective powder that works great alone or layered with foundation. If you have red skin this stuff is awesome! Recommended!

I absolutely love this powder. My skin tone seems to be hard to find a powder to match flawlessly (most either look too pale/cakey or too orange) but this is amazing. I also recommended it to some friends with varying skin tones and shades and it works for them as well! I don't really have issues with red skin or anything so I can't attest to the "color corrective" powers, but just as a setting powder, I cannot say enough great things about this product. I use the puff that comes with it to pat directly on top of my under eye concealer and a light dusting over the rest of my face with a large kabuki brush and it makes my entire face look flawless, but NEVER cakey! The packaging isn't the BEST just because it's a very fine loose powder so it can get a bit messy, but there is a TON of product for $6 and it's amazing, so I'd say it's more than a fair trade off! :) Also, I have this in the translucent shade as well and this one is my favorite.

on 11/18/2013 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A great powder to use either under or over your foundation. It adds this natural brightening effect to the face that I like. It doesn't make your face look chalky or unnatural in any way. It has a very fine texture to it. So, you have to be careful with it. Loose powders can be a bit messy to use. But, I love this powder enough to totally overlook such. When it comes to E.L.F.'s HD powders, this is the one that I prefer the best.

When taking pictures that involve flash photography, do not use HD powder on your face. That's the only thing that you must avoid when wearing such powder. Otherwise, this powder is perfect for wearing daily either alone or over your foundation with no problems.

Recommended for Normal Skin