April 17, 2014 | 1001 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Oil Light

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

To me this is just a regular oil. Didn't wow me at all and definetly not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by varyth

I bought a bottle of this light argan oil from Sephora in the hopes that it will treat my dry, flaky cheeks caused by Retin-A. After using two drops at night for three consecutive days, I developed three pimples after being acne-free for two years! It is really unfortunate because I love what it did for the rest of my face - my skin feels smoother and the flakes are gone entirely. It goes on smooth and absorbs quickly, leaving no greasy finish. For those with sensitive or acne-prone skin, it may be better to invest in a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ever since I moved to the most humid place on the planet (Florida). My skin turned really really oily in my t-zone. And had been on the hunt for something that would keep the oil off my face then one of my favorite youtubers (who also lives in Florida) was raving about this oil to moisturize her face. But I'm oily I thought, her next sentence was, even if your oily- oil fights oiliness. I was still really hesitant but Josie maran products aren't tested on animals and I had been trying to find a lot more natural skin care products so I said what the hell and went and got the smallest bottle in the light formula from sephora. Wow she was right! Never has my skin been this soft and not oily. Really really glad I took her advice. I pat (don't rub) it into my skin at night after I cleanse and I wake up with the most amazing skin. Really recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

This review is for people who like argan oil and wonder how the Light compares to the original. I love Josie's original argan oil and use a lot of her excellent products (Ex: the cheek gelees, powder foundation, body butter). Not everything hits it out of the park but even though I have oily/combo skin I argan oil has lots of Vitamin E in it, so if I get a little extra skin care in my makeup (for whatever it's worth) that doesn't break me out, why not? It can't hurt.

Anyway! I bought the Light formula so I could use it on my face this winter, as it's been so brutal even I need extra moisture. Also I wanted my skin to get some extra antioxidants and wanted to see if the Light would actually sink in, giving me the benefits. But I don't see much difference between this and the original version!

On very dry days, I take one drop and use that for my undereyes at night. Or apply a drop to any places that seem tight on my face. I also use it on my hands and cuticles, mix a few drops in my lotion, add a dropper to my bath. It really does make your skin sooo soft! It just feels so relieved and soothed after I take my bath and use the JM body butter.

However, applying straight argan oil on your face when it's already oily is a whole other animal. If you have oily skin, why put more oil on your face, despite the claims that it could balance you out? When I put the argan oil on my t-zone, even the smallest amount, what happens is I wind up having all this extra oil sitting on my face, even with the Light formula. It won't sink in, because I already have a layer of oil my skin makes naturally! It's basically a waste of product. I use the sunscreen, as I mentioned and that's more than enough for me. I'm not that oily, so if you're super oily, don't bother putting this on your face. It would be totally redundant.

Dry-skinned ladies, your skin will say, "Ahhhh!" but I see no reason you shouldn't go with the original version. If you have cracked hands or feet, or any super dry areas, grab your argan oil and party on. But if you're oily, go easy, even with the "Light" version.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by marikiya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the small bottle at Sephora to try it. Its ok and does not irritate the skin or give breakouts but its not miraculous either. I dont think its moisturizing enough to use on its own during winter. I use it like a serum under my night cream. Even if its the light version, it makes the skin really shiny so I would never use it during the day. It penetrates pretty quickly and doesnt feel sticky. I tried the original version a few years ago and I liked it but not enough to rebuy it. You can find cheaper alternatives if you really want to use Argan Oil (in natural products stores). I think Argan is a very good oil but its a trend and its overhyped!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by underage

I didn't really like this product. It does go on light but it still makes your skin feel greasy. I only use this at night in the winter to make my skin less dry but it didn't seem to do much. It didn't give me pimples which is a plus but nothing to rave about. I have the L'Oreal Oil from CVS and honestly I like it much more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Every winter i struggle with dehydrated skin and this year is no different......it's extra troublesome for me because i am also so acne prone and sensitive.......i the kind of people that get bad results out of something that works wonderfully for millions of people.......but then this came along as a small bottle samples you get from sephora's points.......and my skin has been behaving and feels much much better........i add two drops of this baby to my vichy serum and plus two drops of toners to create a super serum which my skin eats up in a flash........and then my skin becomes smooth and supple like nothing else i've used was able to do this..........although it didn't magically remove my acne but now my skin is definately not as stressed out and makeup applies easier.......ONE thing important is that you do not over apply.....when i add three/four drops instead of two i get more pimples and acne spots gets very scabby.........you just gotta read your skin and see what it likes......i've also came across argan oil from other company which is not as expensive......but so far this one seems to be good for me and so little of this is needed everytime.......the 5 mls bottle has lasted me for almost a month now..........and there's still some left.........so try it if u have a chance and ask for samplee!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Update: Upon further research I realize this breaks me out. Both kinds. *sigh* So much for an oil for your face.

I did like this better than the original... And what I had to say about that one was that I clog easily, get dry, and can't use chemicals. So I needed something moisturizing that wouldn't make the blemishes worse. Well, it was ok, but seemed to make the clogs appear quicker. This was better, but not perfect. I'm sure I clog on my own too, but I didn't feel it moisturized THAT much to make putting it on and paying the price worth it. It's better than most oils I've tried...I think I like Sea buckthorn the best so far. (But my husband complains that it smells and it also is orange, doesn't bother me). So unfortunately I probably won't get this again. At least I got to try it first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you love the idea and benefits of Argan oil, but can't seem to use it without your skin breaking out, give this a shot! I loved JM's regular Argan oil, but found it definitely took thick for me in the summertime... as well as, if i used it more than 1 night, i would get random bumps. I took a chance and got the small, $14 bottle of the Light version and I have NO issues! I was very surprised. I use it nightly now over my Retin A in the winter, and 1-2 drops in the daytime if it's especially cold outside... and I'm naturally more combo/oily. This isn't exactly matte, as the product says, but it definitely is a lighter consistency and gives the same benefits as the regular version in regards to moisturization. I haven't even finished my first $14 bottle, and when I am near a sephora next week, will be purchasing a back up because it's a great product to have when your skin is just parched from the cold or sunburned. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and/or someone made a similar 'light' version (garden of wisdom, please??)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE my regular Josie Maran Argan Oil so I thought I'd try her light version. I bought the teeny small $14 bottle from Sephora. I think that's an insane price for the scant amount you receive. The smell is different than the regular oil, but to me they feel basically the same upon application. I noticed the light oil leaves my face feeling slightly tacky and takes much longer to absorb. I will not repurchase the light version, I'll just stick to the original. If it's not broke don't fix it, right???