October 25, 2014 | 1826 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Oil Light

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

After moving from California to the Midwest last year for work, my skin experienced something it never has before- extreme dryness. I have combo skin by nature but last winter, the polar vortex did a number on me. I bought this after hearing Great reviews and it was amazing. Almost immediately I noticed a difference. My skin was more moisturized and almost looked more even toned. I have pretty decent skin to begin with so this may not be a fair review, but this my HG winter product. One bottle has lasted me all of last winter and I still have a TON left. I don't know what I would do without it !!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by chipsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a full size of this oil in a value set from Sephora back in January. I don't usually like Argan oil because I find it very heavy and feel like it never really absorbs. This oil is different though; because it is a light version and made up of esters rather than the full fatty acid molecule, it absorbs almost fully and is a lot less irritating to my skin.

Interesting Chemistry bit: I wondered if this oil was any less beneficial than the regular Argan oil that Josie also makes. Researching the difference in light vs regular Argan oil has taught me that the light version of the oil still retains a lot of the beneficiary properties of Argan oil, such as antioxidant and mildly UV-protecting qualities. The only real difference is that because the light formula only contains esters of the fatty acids, the molecules are less hydrating than if they were whole fatty acids, but also as a result may be less irritating (thanks to futurederm (Not Affiliated!) for this info). This may be of interest to fellow acne-prones, who might find that regular Argan oil is too heavy and causes breakouts.

Anyway, I also find that this oil makes a great mixing medium for other oils, and I like to use it with avocado oil, as I find that it helps it to absorb much more, and also seems to make it more effective.

I have also used this oil in the past as a primer and it behaves very well with liquid, gel and mousse type foundations, and adds a youthful dewy glow under makeup! It also works nicely with Josie's Matchmaker Serum Foundation, which I also love.

If you can get a sample of this, I would say definitely try it, especially if you don't like the feel of heavy oils on your face. I love it and am glad I discovered it - it has become a staple in my everyday skincare routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by anitres

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Really wanted to like this but my face immediately broke out in small zits. Seems I am in that small group of people that reacts this way to argan oil. Highly recommend buying the smaller travel size first to see if your skin likes this. Two stars because I can use it on skin elsewhere, but really looking for a miracle oil for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this on my skin. I have combination skin, I did not like the 100% because my skin felt to greasy . With this one my skin feels comfortable and moisturized. Easy to apply, I bought the traveling size which has the right amount to use for 6 months. Love this product and I will buy it forever and ever. Josie Maran products always give me great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have dry and sensitive skin and I was looking for a night moisturizer that wouldn't irritate my skin and cause redness. I tried the original argan oil first and liked it, but found it to be a tad heavy so I tried the light argan oil and fell in love. It's perfect- it moisturizes without causing breakouts, it leaves my skin feeling soft and glowy, and it's natural. It is expensive but the bottle will last forever since you only need a few drops at a time. I wish the dropper was a little better though, as I found it to leak while I was holding it. The oil is also more of a night time moisturizer as it takes quite a while to absorb. Overall, I will continue to repurchase this product and recommend it to friends!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this product more than the original Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil. To me it just seems more versatile and I can use it more often. The other one I could only use it at night. This and the other one didn't leave my face feeling or looking greasy after application. It absorbed into the skin quickly. This one unlike the other though doesn't feel like its heavy and leaves something sitting on top of your skin.

I use this in the daytime as my moisturizer. I do find that after using this product my face seems a lot less oily during the day even with my acne topical medications that cause my skin to go into overdrive with sebum production.

I would highly recommend you give this a try if you were looking into trying out argan oil but have found the original to be too heavy for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by VleVine05

I love this argan oil!!!!! I have break-out prone, sensitive combination skin and while I don't have horrible acne, it has never gone away and is such an issue for me. My skin is also very blotchy and is the lightest shade in almost every foundation (even lighter than MAC's Pro LongWear Concealer at NC15). Anyway, when I bought the travel-size version of this lightweight moisturizing oil I immediately tried it on. When I woke up, my skin was softer and not as oily and my acne had become visibly clearer. I used it in the morning as well and it quickly absorbed into my skin, leaving a dewy, glowy finish. It worked well under my primer and makeup and I didn't have to reach for my oil-blotting sheets once (which has never happened before). All I use each time is one drop in my palm and with my other fingers, touch it to different parts of my face and pat it gently in. It has been four days and I only have a few pimples still visible. I am using less concealer as well. The smell is also glorious and light, so fresh and beautiful. I used the original and the argan oil with radiance and honey lavender chamomile scent (which smells horrible, btw) and both felt heavy and left my face greasy and oily-looking. It also (maybe?) broke me out and helped in no way with my sebum production. This lighter version, in huge contrast, feels weightless and I feel like a goddess. My only complaints would have to be that it is REALLY expensive and, as I was expecting, there is definitely not enough in the bottle. But I am definitely going to purchase the full size (hopefully on sale) when I complete my current bottle and repurchase it when that is used up. I can't wait to wash my face and put more on!!!!!! Definitely buy this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by beecky

Broke me out in cystic acne like no other. I have very dry, sensitive skin, with the occasional breakout. However, I only ever usually breakout when I use a certain product that my skin does not agree with, or when it's around that time of the month. This is definitely a product that broke me out ! Such a shame because I had really high hopes after seeing rave reviews online and on youtube. I put it on before bed and loved the feeling of it, it felt very hydrating and smooth. However, when I woke up I noticed 2 new small spots. I didn't think much of it because they were very small, however they got MUCH worse throughout the day, and this was the only change in my routine. I now have a massive cystic spot right in the middle of my forehead that is so swollen it looks like I got hit with a volleyball ... lol. But it's really not that funny because as we all know cystic acne is super painful. Wouldn't recommend putting this on your face, especially if you're acne prone. Such a bummer, I really wanted to like this !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I love this so much. I have oily/combo skin that breaks out easily. This oil is the perfect nighttime moistuizer for me - it leaves my skin soft and hydrated, yet never greasy - and from months of using it, it's never broken me out. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff made me finally love my skin after 14 years with acne! Doesn't Break my cystic-acne prone skin out yay!!!! Even Neutrogena, Aveno, Avene, Cetaphil, Clarins, Clinique, Murad, Eucerin; everything flares me up.

I was scared of putting argan oil on my acne prone jaw line but slowly incorporated it and have not broken out. Actually after putting this on any tiny spots they are healing faster, and leaving no scars??? It also absobs quickly.

How I use: At night, after washing face, pat dry, and apply. I now use liberally with no breakouts! I pat all over my face, eye area, and neck.
I was using daytime as well, but I don't because it causes my eyebrow makeup to smudge.

Using at night is enough and my makeup goes on smooth in morning. It has balanced my skin out, it no longer gets oily. The Best moisturizer.

Update 7/2014: Still no brake outs :) I even bought the Original formula for my eye area.

Just 1 natural ingredient :)

My skin looks dewy, not oily. I don't use as much cover up, I can't belive my skin has improved so much. I stopped using a $100 eye cream I picked up in Japan which unfortunately was the only thing on earth that didnt break me out until now.

Everyone's skin is different so to see if your skin will break out try it on your chest area first. You can always save receipt and return used product.

This Review is long incase it helps someone with acne issues like mine.

Oils that break me out: Coconut oil, jojoba, almond, lavender, castor, mineral, olive, Shea butter is terrible; an acne wash with it made my skin amazing for a few weeks then bam! cysts that I hadn't had in years.