September 20, 2014 | 1227 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Oil Light

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have dry and sensitive skin and I was looking for a night moisturizer that wouldn't irritate my skin and cause redness. I tried the original argan oil first and liked it, but found it to be a tad heavy so I tried the light argan oil and fell in love. It's perfect- it moisturizes without causing breakouts, it leaves my skin feeling soft and glowy, and it's natural. It is expensive but the bottle will last forever since you only need a few drops at a time. I wish the dropper was a little better though, as I found it to leak while I was holding it. The oil is also more of a night time moisturizer as it takes quite a while to absorb. Overall, I will continue to repurchase this product and recommend it to friends!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this product more than the original Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil. To me it just seems more versatile and I can use it more often. The other one I could only use it at night. This and the other one didn't leave my face feeling or looking greasy after application. It absorbed into the skin quickly. This one unlike the other though doesn't feel like its heavy and leaves something sitting on top of your skin.

I use this in the daytime as my moisturizer. I do find that after using this product my face seems a lot less oily during the day even with my acne topical medications that cause my skin to go into overdrive with sebum production.

I would highly recommend you give this a try if you were looking into trying out argan oil but have found the original to be too heavy for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by VleVine05

I love this argan oil!!!!! I have break-out prone, sensitive combination skin and while I don't have horrible acne, it has never gone away and is such an issue for me. My skin is also very blotchy and is the lightest shade in almost every foundation (even lighter than MAC's Pro LongWear Concealer at NC15). Anyway, when I bought the travel-size version of this lightweight moisturizing oil I immediately tried it on. When I woke up, my skin was softer and not as oily and my acne had become visibly clearer. I used it in the morning as well and it quickly absorbed into my skin, leaving a dewy, glowy finish. It worked well under my primer and makeup and I didn't have to reach for my oil-blotting sheets once (which has never happened before). All I use each time is one drop in my palm and with my other fingers, touch it to different parts of my face and pat it gently in. It has been four days and I only have a few pimples still visible. I am using less concealer as well. The smell is also glorious and light, so fresh and beautiful. I used the original and the argan oil with radiance and honey lavender chamomile scent (which smells horrible, btw) and both felt heavy and left my face greasy and oily-looking. It also (maybe?) broke me out and helped in no way with my sebum production. This lighter version, in huge contrast, feels weightless and I feel like a goddess. My only complaints would have to be that it is REALLY expensive and, as I was expecting, there is definitely not enough in the bottle. But I am definitely going to purchase the full size (hopefully on sale) when I complete my current bottle and repurchase it when that is used up. I can't wait to wash my face and put more on!!!!!! Definitely buy this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by beecky

Broke me out in cystic acne like no other. I have very dry, sensitive skin, with the occasional breakout. However, I only ever usually breakout when I use a certain product that my skin does not agree with, or when it's around that time of the month. This is definitely a product that broke me out ! Such a shame because I had really high hopes after seeing rave reviews online and on youtube. I put it on before bed and loved the feeling of it, it felt very hydrating and smooth. However, when I woke up I noticed 2 new small spots. I didn't think much of it because they were very small, however they got MUCH worse throughout the day, and this was the only change in my routine. I now have a massive cystic spot right in the middle of my forehead that is so swollen it looks like I got hit with a volleyball ... lol. But it's really not that funny because as we all know cystic acne is super painful. Wouldn't recommend putting this on your face, especially if you're acne prone. Such a bummer, I really wanted to like this !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I love this so much. I have oily/combo skin that breaks out easily. This oil is the perfect nighttime moistuizer for me - it leaves my skin soft and hydrated, yet never greasy - and from months of using it, it's never broken me out. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff made me finally love my skin after 14 years with acne! Doesn't Break my cystic-acne prone skin out yay!!!! Even Neutrogena, Aveno, Avene, Cetaphil, Clarins, Clinique, Murad, Eucerin; everything flares me up.

I was scared of putting argan oil on my acne prone jaw line but slowly incorporated it and have not broken out. Actually after putting this on any tiny spots they are healing faster, and leaving no scars??? It also absobs quickly.

How I use: At night, after washing face, pat dry, and apply. I now use liberally with no breakouts! I pat all over my face, eye area, and neck.
I was using daytime as well, but I don't because it causes my eyebrow makeup to smudge.

Using at night is enough and my makeup goes on smooth in morning. It has balanced my skin out, it no longer gets oily. The Best moisturizer.

Update 7/2014: Still no brake outs :) I even bought the Original formula for my eye area.

Just 1 natural ingredient :)

My skin looks dewy, not oily. I don't use as much cover up, I can't belive my skin has improved so much. I stopped using a $100 eye cream I picked up in Japan which unfortunately was the only thing on earth that didnt break me out until now.

Everyone's skin is different so to see if your skin will break out try it on your chest area first. You can always save receipt and return used product.

This Review is long incase it helps someone with acne issues like mine.

Oils that break me out: Coconut oil, jojoba, almond, lavender, castor, mineral, olive, Shea butter is terrible; an acne wash with it made my skin amazing for a few weeks then bam! cysts that I hadn't had in years.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This was an impulse purchase of a mini bottle from the Sephora impulse-purchase section by the register. It made my face (combo, mostly oily this time of year) feel incredibly greasy and never absorbed into my skin, but I have to say it does work fairly well on my hands and hair. I don't know that I like it enough to go buy another bottle, though. YMMV.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

To me this is just a regular oil. Didn't wow me at all and definetly not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by varyth

I bought a bottle of this light argan oil from Sephora in the hopes that it will treat my dry, flaky cheeks caused by Retin-A. After using two drops at night for three consecutive days, I developed three pimples after being acne-free for two years! It is really unfortunate because I love what it did for the rest of my face - my skin feels smoother and the flakes are gone entirely. It goes on smooth and absorbs quickly, leaving no greasy finish. For those with sensitive or acne-prone skin, it may be better to invest in a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ever since I moved to the most humid place on the planet (Florida). My skin turned really really oily in my t-zone. And had been on the hunt for something that would keep the oil off my face then one of my favorite youtubers (who also lives in Florida) was raving about this oil to moisturize her face. But I'm oily I thought, her next sentence was, even if your oily- oil fights oiliness. I was still really hesitant but Josie maran products aren't tested on animals and I had been trying to find a lot more natural skin care products so I said what the hell and went and got the smallest bottle in the light formula from sephora. Wow she was right! Never has my skin been this soft and not oily. Really really glad I took her advice. I pat (don't rub) it into my skin at night after I cleanse and I wake up with the most amazing skin. Really recommend.