Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Oil Light

3.9

Natural Argan Isostearylic Esters

on 8/27/2015 5:13:00 PM

I am amazed by this product. Having combination skin that is sensitive, oily, and prone to breaking out, means I really have to find products that are miracle workers. I've heard so much about oil cleansing, using oils to moisturizer, anti aging oil treatments instead of serums, cleansing oils suspended in water (micellar water), etc. I had essentially written off being able to use an oil on my skin without being reduced to a sad, oily, acne ridden mess.

This has not only not broken me out, it has given me the most incredible glow. a glow that isn't simply the result of being shiny, because I am NOT shiny. A glow that is the result of my overall skin tone evening out as though I've been airbrushed. This leaves a semi-matte finish on my skin that is not greasy to the touch at all. My skin appears to be plumper aka more hydrated, less red, less oily in my t zone, and have I mentioned this lit from within glow?

I cleanse my skin and pat it dry. I usually spot treat any breakouts and apply a serum at this point. Sometimes I will use a micellar water before applying a serum. Double cleanses the skin and helps my serum stretch. Once that is absorbed I apply my moisturizer and eye cream and let those absorb. I follow it up with three or four drops of this oil and I rub it all over my hands and fingers and pat it onto my skin with my hands. Usually I pay my entire and face and neck for about 40 seconds. It sinks in after about 5/10 minutes. My skin responded to applying the oil this way the best. I know others have said they apply it like moisturizer and I feel that's not really effective with an oil. Oil should be applied last because it's likely heavier than anything else you're using. So I always apply things lightest to heaviest. Eye cream and oil always being last.

If I feel a little oily after a long work day, I splash my face with water and pat dry. It instantly refreshes my skin without having to reapply moisturizer. The oil really keeps my hydrated and allows my skin to just do its thing and look good. It's been a simple addition to my skincare routine but aside from when I started using retinol, it's been one of the most effective additions.

I think the packaging is great and the cost is a little steep at first but when you think about how you use a few drops at a time, it's a lot of bang for the buck. I use this on my lips, eyes, and face only. So for me, it's more cost effective than someone using it on their body and hair as well. I'd be happy if the small bottle lasted me two/three months. All I know is that I would buy this monthly if I had to. It's that good.

It's a thin, silky, light gold oil that comes with a dropper in the screw lid. I keep it in my medicine cabinet and use it morning and night. This has also done wonders on my lips and around my eyes. Completely eliminating any dehydration or inflammation. It has really helped to calm my skin down and make me feel like I have good healthy skin. I could not rave more about it. Without a doubt, my holy grail product.

on 7/7/2015 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Bought a tiny bottle of this because I really wanted it to work for me by alas it doesn't regulate or reduce my t zone nor does it really moisturize my dry cheeks. This is definitely lighter then the original version. I will stick with the original for my cuticles and cheeks.

This stuff is OK not great or worth repurchasing.

I saw Josie on QVC recently and this argon oil doesn't seem to be as effective at anti-aging as good old retinol. Sorry to say but I love her oil cleanser!!!!

on 6/27/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had a peel done and my skin was raw it was Friday so I was planning to stay home all wk end and let my face heal. Then something came up Saturday and I knew once I put on my makeup it would look horrible. So I figured let me put some of this oil on it can't hurt, omg my skin looked smooth and hydrated makeup went on flawlessly and no peeling. I love the original and this one is just as great.

on 6/6/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was pretty disappointed in this product and it will probably be going back to Sephora. After reading all the positive reviews, I decided to buy the smaller size of this oil for my combination oily skin - hoping it would soften the dry areas and just not break me out. However, it just felt like an oil slick on my face- it never really sunk in at all, and when I touched my face even 45 mins later it felt like oil all over my face, yuck. To make it worse, it didnt do anything to help my dry and flaky skin on my nose. The only good thing I can say is it didnt break me out. Wouldn't recommend this.

on 4/11/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this stuff!!! My skin is ridiculously sensitive and prone to hormonal cystic acne. I use acne.org's benzoyl peroxide (and regimen) to keep my complexion clear but I get SO dry from the BP, so I've been adding 3 drops of this magical stuff to my moisturizer and it has made a HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! I was shocked when I read some of the other reviews claiming this product broke them out--I have been using this product for around 2 months now and I haven't had any breakouts!!! Just goes to show that everyone's skin is different! (Jojoba oil breaks me out =\) I definitely recommend just trying this stuff if your skin is super dry and regular moisturizer isn't cutting it for you. Start with 1 drop and mix into a moisturizer if you're nervous about breakouts. This has saved me from BP flakiness!!!!
I will always repurchase this!!! =D

I was in Sephora last week looking at foundations because I have fallen out of love with the one I've used for years, and two that I've tried in the last month were just awful. When chatting with one of the girls there and giving her the run down of my skin, she wondered if perhaps my skin needed a bit of a revamp in the skincare department first. She gave me a sample of this oil, which I never would have picked up on my own since I have trouble with an oily T-zone by midday, regardless how I prime or powder. I take a bit in my fingers, warm it up, and then pat onto my face, focusing on my cheeks that are dry, but making sure to get the other areas of my face, too. Then I apply my regular moisturiser over top of it, morning and night. I can usually tell right away if a product isn't going to work with my skin (sensitive, and if a product is going to break me out it will happen in under 48 hours). So far no breakouts, and as an added bonus my skin appears to also have perked up a bit - I have very blotchy red cheeks, with little red spots throughout.

Applying during the day hasn't been a problem so far - my skin has a nice sort of "glow" to it throughout the day but it's far from being oily at all in the usual troublesome areas.

I am going to order a small bottle of this and keep on using it, hopefully with continued success!

on 3/4/2015 2:09:00 PM

I bought this one to try when I finished a bottle of the regular version. I just wanted a basic no-fuss moisturizer and this fits the bill. The original version is definitely heavier than this one. I feel like this one is lighter in texture and therefore absorbs better. Neither version breaks me out or causes any averse reactions. I wasn't looking for this to correct any skin issues so I won't comment on that aspect but it does a good job or keeping my skin moisturized. It keeps my skin moisturized even in this extreme Canadian winter (-40 degrees celsius outside, dry heat indoors). The skin on the rest of my body is suffering but my face is still plump and moisturized. The packaging is simple and the dropper works well. This is one of the more expensive versions of argan oil but one bottle lasts a long time since you only need 3 drops at a time (my original bottle lasted 2 years). I am satisfied with this oil and would recommend it (but I always suggest you try a sample first).

on 2/12/2015 2:04:00 AM

This made my combination skin break out. It could be good for others but didn't work on me! Also, I think it is overpriced.

This is my holy grail moisturizer. It saved my skin from it's oily, dry, broken out mess after using a product that didnt agree with my skin. I use Cetaphil and this and my skin is like 99.3% clear. I almost cried when my toddler knocked over my bottle and broke it! I Immediately bought a new one, and I rarely buy a product twice.

on 1/27/2015 10:59:00 AM

Returning today!

the skin on my jawline was red and burning so the lady at Sephora recommended this. I told her I have very acne prone skin, which she noted my skin looks perfect, no lines, no breakouts nothing. I haven't had pimples in about 6 months really.. the occasional one, but nothing serious. So she said this would be grat for my skin, would help heal the irritated parts and not make my skin breakout.

Bought it on Friday, it's now Tuesday.

Night one - redness went down a touch, one pimple on my temple.

Day/Night two - redness gone down a lot, three pimples, one one each upper cheek and one still on temple

Day/Night three - redness almost gone, several pimples on each cheek and temples

Day/Night four - thinking this is causing a breakout, so i put it on my face and also the right side of my back to see if it would break me out there overnight. Woke out with large swollen pimples all along the right side of my back and shoulder, as well as several more on my face.

Went to see my doctor last night, and she essentially laughed in my face for using this. It contains large amounts of oleic acid which is HORRIBLE for people who even have slightly acne prone skin. "Don't always believe the hype for cosmetics, if you use this for long periods of time your natural oils even change in your skin, causing it to be less oily feeling, and less shiny, but in reality the same amount of oil is produced, it's just thicker with less sheen. This can cause long term milia, cystic acne and black heads, as well as chronic skin irritation"

If you have no hormone issues and are older this product would be fine for you, but since this is marketed for people who have oily acne prone skin, exact opposite of who should use this! Look at the science of what argan/ moroccan oil is comprised of, you wouldn't want to put this on your face if you have acne.

Popular Moisturizers