Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Oil Light

3.8

Natural Argan Isostearylic Esters

on 6/27/2015 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had a peel done and my skin was raw it was Friday so I was planning to stay home all wk end and let my face heal. Then something came up Saturday and I knew once I put on my makeup it would look horrible. So I figured let me put some of this oil on it can't hurt, omg my skin looked smooth and hydrated makeup went on flawlessly and no peeling. I love the original and this one is just as great.

on 6/6/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was pretty disappointed in this product and it will probably be going back to Sephora. After reading all the positive reviews, I decided to buy the smaller size of this oil for my combination oily skin - hoping it would soften the dry areas and just not break me out. However, it just felt like an oil slick on my face- it never really sunk in at all, and when I touched my face even 45 mins later it felt like oil all over my face, yuck. To make it worse, it didnt do anything to help my dry and flaky skin on my nose. The only good thing I can say is it didnt break me out. Wouldn't recommend this.

on 4/11/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this stuff!!! My skin is ridiculously sensitive and prone to hormonal cystic acne. I use acne.org's benzoyl peroxide (and regimen) to keep my complexion clear but I get SO dry from the BP, so I've been adding 3 drops of this magical stuff to my moisturizer and it has made a HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! I was shocked when I read some of the other reviews claiming this product broke them out--I have been using this product for around 2 months now and I haven't had any breakouts!!! Just goes to show that everyone's skin is different! (Jojoba oil breaks me out =\) I definitely recommend just trying this stuff if your skin is super dry and regular moisturizer isn't cutting it for you. Start with 1 drop and mix into a moisturizer if you're nervous about breakouts. This has saved me from BP flakiness!!!!
I will always repurchase this!!! =D

I was in Sephora last week looking at foundations because I have fallen out of love with the one I've used for years, and two that I've tried in the last month were just awful. When chatting with one of the girls there and giving her the run down of my skin, she wondered if perhaps my skin needed a bit of a revamp in the skincare department first. She gave me a sample of this oil, which I never would have picked up on my own since I have trouble with an oily T-zone by midday, regardless how I prime or powder. I take a bit in my fingers, warm it up, and then pat onto my face, focusing on my cheeks that are dry, but making sure to get the other areas of my face, too. Then I apply my regular moisturiser over top of it, morning and night. I can usually tell right away if a product isn't going to work with my skin (sensitive, and if a product is going to break me out it will happen in under 48 hours). So far no breakouts, and as an added bonus my skin appears to also have perked up a bit - I have very blotchy red cheeks, with little red spots throughout.

Applying during the day hasn't been a problem so far - my skin has a nice sort of "glow" to it throughout the day but it's far from being oily at all in the usual troublesome areas.

I am going to order a small bottle of this and keep on using it, hopefully with continued success!

on 3/4/2015 2:09:00 PM

I bought this one to try when I finished a bottle of the regular version. I just wanted a basic no-fuss moisturizer and this fits the bill. The original version is definitely heavier than this one. I feel like this one is lighter in texture and therefore absorbs better. Neither version breaks me out or causes any averse reactions. I wasn't looking for this to correct any skin issues so I won't comment on that aspect but it does a good job or keeping my skin moisturized. It keeps my skin moisturized even in this extreme Canadian winter (-40 degrees celsius outside, dry heat indoors). The skin on the rest of my body is suffering but my face is still plump and moisturized. The packaging is simple and the dropper works well. This is one of the more expensive versions of argan oil but one bottle lasts a long time since you only need 3 drops at a time (my original bottle lasted 2 years). I am satisfied with this oil and would recommend it (but I always suggest you try a sample first).

on 2/12/2015 2:04:00 AM

This made my combination skin break out. It could be good for others but didn't work on me! Also, I think it is overpriced.

This is my holy grail moisturizer. It saved my skin from it's oily, dry, broken out mess after using a product that didnt agree with my skin. I use Cetaphil and this and my skin is like 99.3% clear. I almost cried when my toddler knocked over my bottle and broke it! I Immediately bought a new one, and I rarely buy a product twice.

on 1/27/2015 10:59:00 AM

Returning today!

the skin on my jawline was red and burning so the lady at Sephora recommended this. I told her I have very acne prone skin, which she noted my skin looks perfect, no lines, no breakouts nothing. I haven't had pimples in about 6 months really.. the occasional one, but nothing serious. So she said this would be grat for my skin, would help heal the irritated parts and not make my skin breakout.

Bought it on Friday, it's now Tuesday.

Night one - redness went down a touch, one pimple on my temple.

Day/Night two - redness gone down a lot, three pimples, one one each upper cheek and one still on temple

Day/Night three - redness almost gone, several pimples on each cheek and temples

Day/Night four - thinking this is causing a breakout, so i put it on my face and also the right side of my back to see if it would break me out there overnight. Woke out with large swollen pimples all along the right side of my back and shoulder, as well as several more on my face.

Went to see my doctor last night, and she essentially laughed in my face for using this. It contains large amounts of oleic acid which is HORRIBLE for people who even have slightly acne prone skin. "Don't always believe the hype for cosmetics, if you use this for long periods of time your natural oils even change in your skin, causing it to be less oily feeling, and less shiny, but in reality the same amount of oil is produced, it's just thicker with less sheen. This can cause long term milia, cystic acne and black heads, as well as chronic skin irritation"

If you have no hormone issues and are older this product would be fine for you, but since this is marketed for people who have oily acne prone skin, exact opposite of who should use this! Look at the science of what argan/ moroccan oil is comprised of, you wouldn't want to put this on your face if you have acne.

on 12/24/2014 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this looking for a light moisturizer for my acneprone skin. Okay, for real now I learned my lesson to NEVER use a straight up oil ... This seemed promising though, stating it is great for oily, acne prone skin. Wrong. IT makes my skin MORE oily, and I broke out in tiny pimples, so I immediately stopped using it. I now use it for my dry hands in the winter, and split ends on my hair. Won't repurchase though...too expensive and I can use other products for dry hands and split ends!!

on 11/16/2014 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

About my skin: I have oily, acne-prone skin that gets dry and tight when I travel to cold-weather countries.

I initially bought a small bottle of this, because I'd never used just oil as a moisturiser before and since I'm acne-prone and oily, was a bit wary of this approach.

I shouldn't have worried, because it was great on my skin! I ended up using the whole bottle and then buying the full size version. I use 3-4 drops at night when I'm somewhere dry/cool, and I find it sinks in quickly and doesn't break me out.

I don't use this regularly when I'm home in the tropics though (as it's hot and humid) but I will occasionally use 1-2 drops on areas that feel tight after washing.

Though the dropper on my small bottle fell apart near the end of the product's life cycle, the full size bottle has held up much better, even with travel.