February 28, 2015 | 1517 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Oil Light

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2015 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sammywold

This made my combination skin break out. It could be good for others but didn't work on me! Also, I think it is overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2015 1:25:00 AM More reviews by courtinkerbell

This is my holy grail moisturizer. It saved my skin from it's oily, dry, broken out mess after using a product that didnt agree with my skin. I use Cetaphil and this and my skin is like 99.3% clear. I almost cried when my toddler knocked over my bottle and broke it! I Immediately bought a new one, and I rarely buy a product twice.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2015 10:59:00 AM More reviews by tmaloff

Returning today!

the skin on my jawline was red and burning so the lady at Sephora recommended this. I told her I have very acne prone skin, which she noted my skin looks perfect, no lines, no breakouts nothing. I haven't had pimples in about 6 months really.. the occasional one, but nothing serious. So she said this would be grat for my skin, would help heal the irritated parts and not make my skin breakout.

Bought it on Friday, it's now Tuesday.

Night one - redness went down a touch, one pimple on my temple.

Day/Night two - redness gone down a lot, three pimples, one one each upper cheek and one still on temple

Day/Night three - redness almost gone, several pimples on each cheek and temples

Day/Night four - thinking this is causing a breakout, so i put it on my face and also the right side of my back to see if it would break me out there overnight. Woke out with large swollen pimples all along the right side of my back and shoulder, as well as several more on my face.

Went to see my doctor last night, and she essentially laughed in my face for using this. It contains large amounts of oleic acid which is HORRIBLE for people who even have slightly acne prone skin. "Don't always believe the hype for cosmetics, if you use this for long periods of time your natural oils even change in your skin, causing it to be less oily feeling, and less shiny, but in reality the same amount of oil is produced, it's just thicker with less sheen. This can cause long term milia, cystic acne and black heads, as well as chronic skin irritation"

If you have no hormone issues and are older this product would be fine for you, but since this is marketed for people who have oily acne prone skin, exact opposite of who should use this! Look at the science of what argan/ moroccan oil is comprised of, you wouldn't want to put this on your face if you have acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this looking for a light moisturizer for my acneprone skin. Okay, for real now I learned my lesson to NEVER use a straight up oil ... This seemed promising though, stating it is great for oily, acne prone skin. Wrong. IT makes my skin MORE oily, and I broke out in tiny pimples, so I immediately stopped using it. I now use it for my dry hands in the winter, and split ends on my hair. Won't repurchase though...too expensive and I can use other products for dry hands and split ends!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by dolceus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

About my skin: I have oily, acne-prone skin that gets dry and tight when I travel to cold-weather countries.

I initially bought a small bottle of this, because I'd never used just oil as a moisturiser before and since I'm acne-prone and oily, was a bit wary of this approach.

I shouldn't have worried, because it was great on my skin! I ended up using the whole bottle and then buying the full size version. I use 3-4 drops at night when I'm somewhere dry/cool, and I find it sinks in quickly and doesn't break me out.

I don't use this regularly when I'm home in the tropics though (as it's hot and humid) but I will occasionally use 1-2 drops on areas that feel tight after washing.

Though the dropper on my small bottle fell apart near the end of the product's life cycle, the full size bottle has held up much better, even with travel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Biggest waste of money, ever. It is going back to Sephora tomorrow, thank god for their return policy, otherwise I would've been extremely angry!

I used the argan oil regular version, and I really hated it. It was so oily and greasy on my already oily skin, and broke me out in A LOT of pimples. However, now that's its winter my skin has dried out and become a little flakey, so I thought that the light version would help beautify me, lol. I'm also one of those girls who are easily suckered if someone recommends it.

well this actually gave me an allergic reaction. PEELING, RED, and inflamed skin :( No more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I really liked this. It healed my skin which, although usually oily, as actually going through a very sensitive dry acne prone phase. It absorbs easily leaving no trace on your hands and doesn't leave your face looking shiny and greasy.

I wish this was part of the travel set available at Sephora as that only contains the original version, not light. However, I just may be encouraged to try the original version also. I'm really happy with quite a few products in this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

After moving from California to the Midwest last year for work, my skin experienced something it never has before- extreme dryness. I have combo skin by nature but last winter, the polar vortex did a number on me. I bought this after hearing Great reviews and it was amazing. Almost immediately I noticed a difference. My skin was more moisturized and almost looked more even toned. I have pretty decent skin to begin with so this may not be a fair review, but this my HG winter product. One bottle has lasted me all of last winter and I still have a TON left. I don't know what I would do without it !!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by chipsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a full size of this oil in a value set from Sephora back in January. I don't usually like Argan oil because I find it very heavy and feel like it never really absorbs. This oil is different though; because it is a light version and made up of esters rather than the full fatty acid molecule, it absorbs almost fully and is a lot less irritating to my skin.

Interesting Chemistry bit: I wondered if this oil was any less beneficial than the regular Argan oil that Josie also makes. Researching the difference in light vs regular Argan oil has taught me that the light version of the oil still retains a lot of the beneficiary properties of Argan oil, such as antioxidant and mildly UV-protecting qualities. The only real difference is that because the light formula only contains esters of the fatty acids, the molecules are less hydrating than if they were whole fatty acids, but also as a result may be less irritating (thanks to futurederm (Not Affiliated!) for this info). This may be of interest to fellow acne-prones, who might find that regular Argan oil is too heavy and causes breakouts.

Anyway, I also find that this oil makes a great mixing medium for other oils, and I like to use it with avocado oil, as I find that it helps it to absorb much more, and also seems to make it more effective.

I have also used this oil in the past as a primer and it behaves very well with liquid, gel and mousse type foundations, and adds a youthful dewy glow under makeup! It also works nicely with Josie's Matchmaker Serum Foundation, which I also love.

If you can get a sample of this, I would say definitely try it, especially if you don't like the feel of heavy oils on your face. I love it and am glad I discovered it - it has become a staple in my everyday skincare routine.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by anitres

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Really wanted to like this but my face immediately broke out in small zits. Seems I am in that small group of people that reacts this way to argan oil. Highly recommend buying the smaller travel size first to see if your skin likes this. Two stars because I can use it on skin elsewhere, but really looking for a miracle oil for my face.