Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Oil Light

3.8

Natural Argan Isostearylic Esters

I was in Sephora last week looking at foundations because I have fallen out of love with the one I've used for years, and two that I've tried in the last month were just awful. When chatting with one of the girls there and giving her the run down of my skin, she wondered if perhaps my skin needed a bit of a revamp in the skincare department first. She gave me a sample of this oil, which I never would have picked up on my own since I have trouble with an oily T-zone by midday, regardless how I prime or powder. I take a bit in my fingers, warm it up, and then pat onto my face, focusing on my cheeks that are dry, but making sure to get the other areas of my face, too. Then I apply my regular moisturiser over top of it, morning and night. I can usually tell right away if a product isn't going to work with my skin (sensitive, and if a product is going to break me out it will happen in under 48 hours). So far no breakouts, and as an added bonus my skin appears to also have perked up a bit - I have very blotchy red cheeks, with little red spots throughout.

Applying during the day hasn't been a problem so far - my skin has a nice sort of "glow" to it throughout the day but it's far from being oily at all in the usual troublesome areas.

I am going to order a small bottle of this and keep on using it, hopefully with continued success!

on 3/4/2015 2:09:00 PM

I bought this one to try when I finished a bottle of the regular version. I just wanted a basic no-fuss moisturizer and this fits the bill. The original version is definitely heavier than this one. I feel like this one is lighter in texture and therefore absorbs better. Neither version breaks me out or causes any averse reactions. I wasn't looking for this to correct any skin issues so I won't comment on that aspect but it does a good job or keeping my skin moisturized. It keeps my skin moisturized even in this extreme Canadian winter (-40 degrees celsius outside, dry heat indoors). The skin on the rest of my body is suffering but my face is still plump and moisturized. The packaging is simple and the dropper works well. This is one of the more expensive versions of argan oil but one bottle lasts a long time since you only need 3 drops at a time (my original bottle lasted 2 years). I am satisfied with this oil and would recommend it (but I always suggest you try a sample first).

on 2/12/2015 2:04:00 AM

This made my combination skin break out. It could be good for others but didn't work on me! Also, I think it is overpriced.

This is my holy grail moisturizer. It saved my skin from it's oily, dry, broken out mess after using a product that didnt agree with my skin. I use Cetaphil and this and my skin is like 99.3% clear. I almost cried when my toddler knocked over my bottle and broke it! I Immediately bought a new one, and I rarely buy a product twice.

on 1/27/2015 10:59:00 AM

Returning today!

the skin on my jawline was red and burning so the lady at Sephora recommended this. I told her I have very acne prone skin, which she noted my skin looks perfect, no lines, no breakouts nothing. I haven't had pimples in about 6 months really.. the occasional one, but nothing serious. So she said this would be grat for my skin, would help heal the irritated parts and not make my skin breakout.

Bought it on Friday, it's now Tuesday.

Night one - redness went down a touch, one pimple on my temple.

Day/Night two - redness gone down a lot, three pimples, one one each upper cheek and one still on temple

Day/Night three - redness almost gone, several pimples on each cheek and temples

Day/Night four - thinking this is causing a breakout, so i put it on my face and also the right side of my back to see if it would break me out there overnight. Woke out with large swollen pimples all along the right side of my back and shoulder, as well as several more on my face.

Went to see my doctor last night, and she essentially laughed in my face for using this. It contains large amounts of oleic acid which is HORRIBLE for people who even have slightly acne prone skin. "Don't always believe the hype for cosmetics, if you use this for long periods of time your natural oils even change in your skin, causing it to be less oily feeling, and less shiny, but in reality the same amount of oil is produced, it's just thicker with less sheen. This can cause long term milia, cystic acne and black heads, as well as chronic skin irritation"

If you have no hormone issues and are older this product would be fine for you, but since this is marketed for people who have oily acne prone skin, exact opposite of who should use this! Look at the science of what argan/ moroccan oil is comprised of, you wouldn't want to put this on your face if you have acne.

on 12/24/2014 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this looking for a light moisturizer for my acneprone skin. Okay, for real now I learned my lesson to NEVER use a straight up oil ... This seemed promising though, stating it is great for oily, acne prone skin. Wrong. IT makes my skin MORE oily, and I broke out in tiny pimples, so I immediately stopped using it. I now use it for my dry hands in the winter, and split ends on my hair. Won't repurchase though...too expensive and I can use other products for dry hands and split ends!!

on 11/16/2014 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

About my skin: I have oily, acne-prone skin that gets dry and tight when I travel to cold-weather countries.

I initially bought a small bottle of this, because I'd never used just oil as a moisturiser before and since I'm acne-prone and oily, was a bit wary of this approach.

I shouldn't have worried, because it was great on my skin! I ended up using the whole bottle and then buying the full size version. I use 3-4 drops at night when I'm somewhere dry/cool, and I find it sinks in quickly and doesn't break me out.

I don't use this regularly when I'm home in the tropics though (as it's hot and humid) but I will occasionally use 1-2 drops on areas that feel tight after washing.

Though the dropper on my small bottle fell apart near the end of the product's life cycle, the full size bottle has held up much better, even with travel.

on 11/16/2014 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Biggest waste of money, ever. It is going back to Sephora tomorrow, thank god for their return policy, otherwise I would've been extremely angry!

I used the argan oil regular version, and I really hated it. It was so oily and greasy on my already oily skin, and broke me out in A LOT of pimples. However, now that's its winter my skin has dried out and become a little flakey, so I thought that the light version would help beautify me, lol. I'm also one of those girls who are easily suckered if someone recommends it.

well this actually gave me an allergic reaction. PEELING, RED, and inflamed skin :( No more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really liked this. It healed my skin which, although usually oily, as actually going through a very sensitive dry acne prone phase. It absorbs easily leaving no trace on your hands and doesn't leave your face looking shiny and greasy.

I wish this was part of the travel set available at Sephora as that only contains the original version, not light. However, I just may be encouraged to try the original version also. I'm really happy with quite a few products in this line.

on 10/23/2014 10:43:00 PM

After moving from California to the Midwest last year for work, my skin experienced something it never has before- extreme dryness. I have combo skin by nature but last winter, the polar vortex did a number on me. I bought this after hearing Great reviews and it was amazing. Almost immediately I noticed a difference. My skin was more moisturized and almost looked more even toned. I have pretty decent skin to begin with so this may not be a fair review, but this my HG winter product. One bottle has lasted me all of last winter and I still have a TON left. I don't know what I would do without it !!