Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Triethylhexanoin, Synthetic Wax, Trimyristin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain ): CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this powder in "medium-light" for my NC25 skin.

It definitely helps make my makeup look matte and it stops my skin from getting oily. The problem is that it clings onto vellus hairs because it isn't very finely milled. Due to the powder clinging onto vellus hairs, it's easy for someone to apply too much of this powder and look cakey.

I'm using the compact foundation from this series as well. The sales assistant recommended the Medium light shade for me, I'm an nc25 btw. I use this as a touch up powder and it really lives up to my expectation. The powder adheres to my skin and does not form icky patches that happens with some other powders after touch up. The compact comes with the lousy awful looking pouch as well which I really do not fancy. Would I buy this again? yes definitely.

on 5/19/2015 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this Stuff!! Only Powder i can wear that doesnt break me out and its a great color match.. I use the Medium-Light and its perfect on top of the Naked Skin BB Cream... I also have the Foundation in Naked Skin 3.0 which i was wearing but had wanted to wear something lighter for the summer time and this combo it great with some blush and bronzer and tinted balm and out the door! Love it!! Will definatley repurchase may even go up to the next Medium shade... It feels like i have nothing on silky and smooth covers my redness which i was looking for.... its buildable for areas that need extra coverage.... Make sure to moisturize before hand since it does seem to cling to dry patches otherwise awesome stuff.... its pricey however i dont mind since i am getting older and this doesnt break me out so i will spend extra on something that i love....

on 3/1/2015 2:23:00 AM

Really disappointed by this one. I only put powder on once a day but after two weeks, there was a 'hole' in the powder and one week later it all broke up and I lost all the rest on the floor. I love the UD eye palettes but I will be going back to Lanc√īme for powder.

on 1/4/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've never tried Urban Decay before and I thought why not try the powder since the Naked line is so popular. My shade is Naked Medium but isn't too warm which is nice. I haven't had any trouble with oxidation when wearing this and it does on so nicely without it looking cakey. Touch-ups are super easy and I used a big fluffy brush to gently sweep on a bit to my T-zone and chin.
It does give a matte finish but if you pop on a touch of blush and maybe some bronzer, it isn't a problem. The Naked line is pretty much the concept of 'your skin but better' and I thought I wouldn't get enough coverage from it. But if you apply a little and then put a bit more where you need it, then it gives a good amount of coverage to kind of blur pores and even out the skin tone. It doesn't cover much redness so I have to use a concealer underneath on pimples and red spots. I haven't noticed any breakouts from this powder and it hasn't made any of my pores clogged either. This is $34 at Sephora and I will happily spend that much for another compact of this whenever I run out. It is perfect for on top of foundation, days when you don't want to wear foundation, and days when you want to slap something on to mattify your skin. I think this will be a great year round product. The only reason I took a lippie off is because of how little product you get so just keep a light hand with it and it should last a while.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this powder when i purchased the Urban Decay Naked Foundation, and i am glad i did! Love the fact that it gives a nice matte finish on top of my foundation, it doesnt feel cakey and doesnt have a weird texture. I got matched to the shade dark as i have olive skin and im shade 8 in the foundation (shades 8 -12 get matched dark) it was quite pricey! I got mine from Debhanams and im glad i did. Its cute love the packaging and the beautiful purple rose pouch the powder comes in. It comes with a sponge inside, i dont really use the sponge, i use a real techniques powder brush and just swirl it all over my face, you dont need much. A little goes a Long way! I have oily skin and iv noticed i wear this all day and i only sometimes have to just top my brush on top of my nose during the day to stop the shine. Thats about it! Love the fact it doesn't cake!
Overall A great powder and would definately repurchase.

Hope this helps x

on 10/28/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder really does give you a matte, unnatural and very flat finish. I really wish there was some sort of glow or illuminating aspect. Contouring and highlighting is a must when using this....at least on my face. I have light skin, but the medium light works ok on me, a bit orange. The light just didn't look natural either. It was too yellow. I like how finely milled it is, but it can leave your face caked if you apply a lot. It really helps cover some redness and "blur" your skin. I am impressed with that aspect. It did it's job okay with other makeup products, but really came to life when I use it with Naked Skin BB and the Naked Flushed palette (UD products of course). I haven't really noticed its ability to keep your makeup put any longer than other powders. It takes a lot to make your face look not dewy or oily. I applied it in the morning and by noon my face looked really shiny. I used it over the Naked Skin BB and over other foundations.

I do like this version compared to the Naked Loose Powder. It is a lot less messy and doesn't look as dry or cakey. What I don't like is how little you get with it. Most of the packing is used to house the useless sponge below the pan. I have been using this for about 3 weeks daily and already hit pan and the bare spot grows quickly. I probably won't repurchase this since it doesn't seem to last long nor perform as well as other powders I've had.

on 10/14/2014 7:18:00 PM

I actually really like this product. I use it in top of my foundation. I really like the matte finish it gives. It sets my foundation fairly well and makes it last all day. It is a pretty pricey product so I was disappointed when I hit pan so fast. That is a major con for me that you do not get much product for the price you are paying.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder in the shade Naked Darkóit's the darkest available & if you wear Naked Skin Liquid Makeup, it works well with shades 8.0 to 12.0. I bought & use this powder specifically to set that foundation & because I have oily skin. It actually is gorgeous on top of the matching foundation. I was kind of nervous to buy it for the reason that my skin tone is weird & to be safe, I typically use translucent powers. I was really shocked by how well this finishing powder matched my skin & didnít cake. It does offer a little bit of coverage to it & I donít, but Iím sure I could wear it alone if I wanted to; I could just apply it on top of a primer & step out the door. What my favorite thing about it is its natural matte (not powdery!) finish. Itís also slightly shimmery & I love that just for the reason that Iím a glitter junky & all for anything that sparkles.

I think there are two cons to this product. The first, how little product I actually got. I guess I just thought Iíd get some more for the +$30 I spent on a compact. Iím conflicted because while I donít mind paying for quality makeup, with my oily skin, I do use a lot of powder & Iíll go through it faster than people who only have only t-zones or people who are only using it once a day to set their foundation. All of my face is oily all the time & I use powder pretty frequently. The second con is how easily the compact breaks; I donít suggest carrying it around with you. Itís safest at home since if you drop it or if it accidently cracks, youíll end up losing a lot of product.

The packaging is gorgeous, can I tell you! The compact is a metallic grey with rose gold details. It opens with a little button on the front & like most compacts, has a mirror on the top, the powder in the middle, & the applicator sponge on the bottom. It comes in a purple floral tie-dye pouch. I'm not sure if that's the packaging itself, but I keep it inside the pouch so nothing happens to it. If you donít mind paying $34 for it, I recommend this finishing powder. If you do buy the matching foundation, itíll be $73 in total.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Another light reflecting powder on the market. I was hoping to really like this because I love their foundation. Also, I was looking for a colored powder to just use on those "no makeup" makeup days. I was matched to Medium/Dark. I really liked the initial application of this powder. I started off with a glowy airbrushed finish but in an hour, I looked like the Tin Man. Once oil starts to produce on the skin, it makes the powder look extremely shimmery and greasy. I never get this with the NARS Light Reflecting Powder. Also, no oil control at all. Lastly, this gives me big red angry spots all over. I had a reaction to something in this powder.
PROS: 1. Packaging 2. Price 3. Color Selection
CONS: Greasy Tin Man with Big Angry Pimples