Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Triethylhexanoin, Synthetic Wax, Trimyristin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain ): CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 3/14/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this on a whim at Sephora thinking that i can wear it with the bb cream and then the powder foundation instead of the liquid since the weather is getting hotter and wanted something less lighter for my skin type which is very senisitive and very dry that also can get a little oily in t zone area.... When i tried on in the store it looked good..
However when I tried it at home i felt like i was using too much of it and you could still some redness on my skin.... This was a no go for me....
Will stick with what works which is the bb cream and Naked Skin liquid Foundation.....

on 3/1/2015 2:23:00 AM

Really disappointed by this one. I only put powder on once a day but after two weeks, there was a 'hole' in the powder and one week later it all broke up and I lost all the rest on the floor. I love the UD eye palettes but I will be going back to Lanc√īme for powder.

on 1/4/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've never tried Urban Decay before and I thought why not try the powder since the Naked line is so popular. My shade is Naked Medium but isn't too warm which is nice. I haven't had any trouble with oxidation when wearing this and it does on so nicely without it looking cakey. Touch-ups are super easy and I used a big fluffy brush to gently sweep on a bit to my T-zone and chin.
It does give a matte finish but if you pop on a touch of blush and maybe some bronzer, it isn't a problem. The Naked line is pretty much the concept of 'your skin but better' and I thought I wouldn't get enough coverage from it. But if you apply a little and then put a bit more where you need it, then it gives a good amount of coverage to kind of blur pores and even out the skin tone. It doesn't cover much redness so I have to use a concealer underneath on pimples and red spots. I haven't noticed any breakouts from this powder and it hasn't made any of my pores clogged either. This is $34 at Sephora and I will happily spend that much for another compact of this whenever I run out. It is perfect for on top of foundation, days when you don't want to wear foundation, and days when you want to slap something on to mattify your skin. I think this will be a great year round product. The only reason I took a lippie off is because of how little product you get so just keep a light hand with it and it should last a while.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this powder when i purchased the Urban Decay Naked Foundation, and i am glad i did! Love the fact that it gives a nice matte finish on top of my foundation, it doesnt feel cakey and doesnt have a weird texture. I got matched to the shade dark as i have olive skin and im shade 8 in the foundation (shades 8 -12 get matched dark) it was quite pricey! I got mine from Debhanams and im glad i did. Its cute love the packaging and the beautiful purple rose pouch the powder comes in. It comes with a sponge inside, i dont really use the sponge, i use a real techniques powder brush and just swirl it all over my face, you dont need much. A little goes a Long way! I have oily skin and iv noticed i wear this all day and i only sometimes have to just top my brush on top of my nose during the day to stop the shine. Thats about it! Love the fact it doesn't cake!
Overall A great powder and would definately repurchase.

Hope this helps x

on 10/28/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder really does give you a matte and very flat finish. Contouring and highlighting is a must when using this....at least on my face. I have light skin, but the medium light and medium color both work well on me. I like how finely milled it is and doesn't leave your face caked. It really helps cover some redness and "blur" your skin. I am impressed with that aspect. It did it's job okay with other makeup products, but really came to life when I use it with Naked Skin BB and the Naked Flushed palette. I haven't really noticed its ability to keep your makeup put any longer than other powders. I do like this version compared to the Naked Loose Powder. It is a lot less messy and doesn't look as dry or cakey. Overall, I wish there were some sort of aspect to give your skin a glow so I don't have to use another product for that.

on 10/14/2014 7:18:00 PM

I actually really like this product. I use it in top of my foundation. I really like the matte finish it gives. It sets my foundation fairly well and makes it last all day. It is a pretty pricey product so I was disappointed when I hit pan so fast. That is a major con for me that you do not get much product for the price you are paying.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder in the shade Naked Darkóit's the darkest available & if you wear Naked Skin Liquid Makeup, it works well with shades 8.0 to 12.0. I bought & use this powder specifically to set that foundation & because I have oily skin. It actually is gorgeous on top of the matching foundation. I was kind of nervous to buy it for the reason that my skin tone is weird & to be safe, I typically use translucent powers. I was really shocked by how well this finishing powder matched my skin & didnít cake. It does offer a little bit of coverage to it & I donít, but Iím sure I could wear it alone if I wanted to; I could just apply it on top of a primer & step out the door. What my favorite thing about it is its natural matte (not powdery!) finish. Itís also slightly shimmery & I love that just for the reason that Iím a glitter junky & all for anything that sparkles.

I think there are two cons to this product. The first, how little product I actually got. I guess I just thought Iíd get some more for the +$30 I spent on a compact. Iím conflicted because while I donít mind paying for quality makeup, with my oily skin, I do use a lot of powder & Iíll go through it faster than people who only have only t-zones or people who are only using it once a day to set their foundation. All of my face is oily all the time & I use powder pretty frequently. The second con is how easily the compact breaks; I donít suggest carrying it around with you. Itís safest at home since if you drop it or if it accidently cracks, youíll end up losing a lot of product.

The packaging is gorgeous, can I tell you! The compact is a metallic grey with rose gold details. It opens with a little button on the front & like most compacts, has a mirror on the top, the powder in the middle, & the applicator sponge on the bottom. It comes in a purple floral tie-dye pouch. I'm not sure if that's the packaging itself, but I keep it inside the pouch so nothing happens to it. If you donít mind paying $34 for it, I recommend this finishing powder. If you do buy the matching foundation, itíll be $73 in total.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Another light reflecting powder on the market. I was hoping to really like this because I love their foundation. Also, I was looking for a colored powder to just use on those "no makeup" makeup days. I was matched to Medium/Dark. I really liked the initial application of this powder. I started off with a glowy airbrushed finish but in an hour, I looked like the Tin Man. Once oil starts to produce on the skin, it makes the powder look extremely shimmery and greasy. I never get this with the NARS Light Reflecting Powder. Also, no oil control at all. Lastly, this gives me big red angry spots all over. I had a reaction to something in this powder.
PROS: 1. Packaging 2. Price 3. Color Selection
CONS: Greasy Tin Man with Big Angry Pimples

on 8/18/2014 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the coverage of this product, although it can easily look cakey if you apply too much. I have only had this a month and already hit pan. For the price I would expect something like this to last longer. I feel there are better options out there so I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this powder over the Naked Skin foundation. The packaging is adorable and the little drawstring bag that comes with it comes in handy when I need to take it on the go. At $34 it's a little pricey, but this product lasts a long time. I've been using this almost 6 months and I'm just now hitting pan.