BeneFit Cosmetics Sunbeam Highlighter

on 7/25/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Ok. This is a gorgeous highlighter! Looks great on brown skin, very easy to blend and is long lasting. Unfortunately I have a problem with the $26 price tag. Frankly, ELF's Shimmering Facial Whip in Golden Peach works just as well and that stuff is only $1.00! The only thing that makes the Sunbeam (slightly) better is that it's way easier to blend. Does that justify the $25 price difference? Nope, but I like it anyway.

on 7/22/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't love this product like I thought I would, I find it impossible to blend and when I put it on my face it just leaves a stark line which is not cute at all. So as an alternative to just put on the face after foundation I instead mix it in with it and it makes my brown skin golden and nice. However I am not impressed overall with this product and am still looking for a hg highlighter cause I really really love that glow! Maybe this would work better on caramel girls. By the way I am an nc50 shade in studio fix x

on 6/24/2015 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Strips of all of the foundation that has been applied.

on 5/26/2015 4:08:00 AM

It's the perfect shade for my skin to highlight my nose bridge and cheek bone without looking too shiny. It is the most natural highlighter for me :)

on 5/22/2015 3:46:00 AM

The pigmentation of this product is great, I like its texture and thickness as well as its easy application and blending. But, I do not like the colour on me. Sunbeam (pink tone) has a white shimmer to it which is very unnatural for everyday duey cheeks. Also I find that the bottle (similar to a nail polishes) wastes a lot of product and can never use the bottle until it's dry. I really don't like the brush either. I find the need to swatch the product on my hand first, then use a brush to dab and blend on my face. Overall, will not repurchase but will keep as a backup highlighter.

on 8/3/2014 7:33:00 PM

This is my favourite Benefit product - and I have a lot of Benefit products (almost all their tints and highlighters). It gives your cheeks a natural, healthy glow. It's very subtle at the same time.

on 4/21/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It is a gold highlighter-dunno why it's categorized under bronzer. Love it, the only h/l i use (have had it fr about a year) unless i've misplaced it. Lasts all day with powder. V natural on me

on 3/10/2014 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only bought Sunbeam out of curiosity since I initially loved High Beam, but I think this product works best for those with warmer skin tones. Best used for summer to highlight tanned cheeks, in my opinion. Overall, I will not repurchase since my full-sized bottle will last for a loooooooong time. :)

on 12/21/2013 6:26:00 PM

I've been using Benefit Cosmetics for well over 5 years. There are few products by Benefit (if any!) that I can't find use for in some way or another.

SunBeam is no different! I love the creamy feel as it goes on my face but still provides my skin the ability to breathe so I don't have any unwanted/scary break outs. The product itself has a gold tint with brown/coppery under tones, but once it's on the skin, it becomes very natural, almost sheer with a hint of color as opposed to some "highlighters" that just end up being a goopy mess! This liquid sun in an adorbs bottle is perfect if you're planning on going for a natural but sultry look, a sun kissed look with a hint of color on the eyes or a browns and golds look pulled together with a beautiful sheen.

The ONLY reason I gave this product a 4 out of 5 instead of a 5 out of 5 is because I typically enjoy the boldness of Benefit and I feel, while absolutely gorgeous when used correctly, this product needed just a little more OOMPH! color wise. Perhaps a little more gold or copper to it, I found myself still needing bronzer after applying.

However, I will absolutely continue to wear this product and I will absolutely reconsider purchasing once I'm out!

Thanks Benefit! Helping girls everywhere stay cheeky, as usual!

on 9/26/2013 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

ONE review? This highlighter is clearly very underrated. I've used every Benefit highlighter around and I'd recommend this one 100% over the others (especially high beam which is far too frosty and unflattering on all but the palest skin tones). Sun Beam has everything people love about High Beam with the added benefits (get it?) of a gorgeous gold color that gives off a warm glow. This product makes skin look dewy and young, sun kissed and glimmering. It's a home run highlighter. Go buy it now and get ready to toss out the bottles of High Beam you've been praising for too long.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products