BeneFit Cosmetics Sunbeam Highlighter

4.1

on 5/22/2015 3:46:00 AM

The pigmentation of this product is great, I like its texture and thickness as well as its easy application and blending. But, I do not like the colour on me. Sunbeam (pink tone) has a white shimmer to it which is very unnatural for everyday duey cheeks. Also I find that the bottle (similar to a nail polishes) wastes a lot of product and can never use the bottle until it's dry. I really don't like the brush either. I find the need to swatch the product on my hand first, then use a brush to dab and blend on my face. Overall, will not repurchase but will keep as a backup highlighter.

on 8/3/2014 7:33:00 PM

This is my favourite Benefit product - and I have a lot of Benefit products (almost all their tints and highlighters). It gives your cheeks a natural, healthy glow. It's very subtle at the same time.

on 4/21/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It is a gold highlighter-dunno why it's categorized under bronzer. Love it, the only h/l i use (have had it fr about a year) unless i've misplaced it. Lasts all day with powder. V natural on me

on 3/10/2014 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only bought Sunbeam out of curiosity since I initially loved High Beam, but I think this product works best for those with warmer skin tones. Best used for summer to highlight tanned cheeks, in my opinion. Overall, I will not repurchase since my full-sized bottle will last for a loooooooong time. :)

on 12/21/2013 6:26:00 PM

I've been using Benefit Cosmetics for well over 5 years. There are few products by Benefit (if any!) that I can't find use for in some way or another.

SunBeam is no different! I love the creamy feel as it goes on my face but still provides my skin the ability to breathe so I don't have any unwanted/scary break outs. The product itself has a gold tint with brown/coppery under tones, but once it's on the skin, it becomes very natural, almost sheer with a hint of color as opposed to some "highlighters" that just end up being a goopy mess! This liquid sun in an adorbs bottle is perfect if you're planning on going for a natural but sultry look, a sun kissed look with a hint of color on the eyes or a browns and golds look pulled together with a beautiful sheen.

The ONLY reason I gave this product a 4 out of 5 instead of a 5 out of 5 is because I typically enjoy the boldness of Benefit and I feel, while absolutely gorgeous when used correctly, this product needed just a little more OOMPH! color wise. Perhaps a little more gold or copper to it, I found myself still needing bronzer after applying.

However, I will absolutely continue to wear this product and I will absolutely reconsider purchasing once I'm out!

Thanks Benefit! Helping girls everywhere stay cheeky, as usual!

on 9/26/2013 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

ONE review? This highlighter is clearly very underrated. I've used every Benefit highlighter around and I'd recommend this one 100% over the others (especially high beam which is far too frosty and unflattering on all but the palest skin tones). Sun Beam has everything people love about High Beam with the added benefits (get it?) of a gorgeous gold color that gives off a warm glow. This product makes skin look dewy and young, sun kissed and glimmering. It's a home run highlighter. Go buy it now and get ready to toss out the bottles of High Beam you've been praising for too long.

on 8/20/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Firstly, I know Sunbeam shouldn't exactly be under 'Bronzers' it is a highlighter but this is the closest section it comes to haha!
This product is wonderful, especially for the Summer season is it a must have- Sunbeam looks gorgeous on tanned, sunkissed skin. Sunbeam comes into the same collection as High Beam and Moon Beam, except instead of more of a 'pink pearl' shade like High Beam for example it is more of a bronzey gold liquid. It blends well and is recommended for the brow bone and cheek bones especially, but sometimes I like to dab a little under the eye too. I like to tan on a regular basis so I do usually have darker skin so use Sunbeam out the summer months also, as I like the look of this highlighter better on bronzed skin over High/Moon beam which I personally think looks more effective on paler complexion. Sometimes over the hours I found it started to disappear, but adding a little more when put on resolved this (and didn't look overdone). I wouldn't recommend if you are really pale as it will likely look orangey, but on any warmer skintone it blends well.
Benefit sell this at 19.50 but in Debenhams department store this is 18.00 (1.50 is better than nothing haha). EBAY also sells trio samples of Moon,High and Sunbeam for even under 10 pounds or so, so if you'd like to compare before buying the full amount it is a recommended idea. The packaging is funky like most Benefit items/products which I love- but the actual bottle reminds me of your average nail varnish bottle- brush also! This did worry me a little as to how long it would actually last me, but to my surprise it has lasted me 8 months and still going strong!- considering I do apply this on an everyday basis, sometimes twice (if I reapply my make up for a nightout etc) so it is well worth the money!

Popular Bronzers