Essence Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner

3.9

One of the worst I've ever had! I have the waterproof, it isn't
intense black, and doesn't last even an hour :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I repurchased this eyeliner because it's very cheap, precise and does the job well.
not the best one,but a good drugstore find. ok quality, dark and matt, just how a good liner should be. I definitely recommend.
it's not long lasting

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail (the waterproof one). I put it on in the morning, very easily and it lasts all day perfectly. No more expensive ones for me, I loooooove this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I always buy this eyeliner. The major reason is the low price. Although I don't use it solely - it tends to crack into visible pieces on my eyelid, so I always put it as a top coat on the Essence pencil eye liner. This combination creats a fuller eye makeup, doesn't look too neat and fake what eyeliners often do. Sometimes irritates eye corners.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have avoided Essence before because the packaging looks pretty cheap, and the prices ARE cheap. However, I was looking for a new eyeliner because my Stila one is just crap. I didn't want to waste NZ$20+ on another one that was the same. These are about NZ$5, i swatched it on the back of my hand and it looked just okay. I've never used a brush applicator before, I've always stuck to the pen types because I figured they would be much easier to use. Well, for me, now, I have found that was 100% wrong. This is SO much easier to apply a straight and even line and it gets right into my lash line. Black as can be, and this has lasted on my eyes. All my more expensive ones have always flaked or faded off especially on the wing part, this doesn't. I got the normal version, not the waterproof. From the reviews it looks like that one is better, and I might pick it up because the price is so great. Very impressed.

I bought the waterproof version of this and I loved it! It was really black and would not budge. I have oily eyelids and this didn't slip. Also, it really is waterproof! I use cleansing oil to remove this on my eyelids--real easy! I was so happy since it is dirt-cheap but delivers astounding results.

HOWEVER. On my second week, it starts to flake off! I don't know the reason why because I've never changed nor included anything new on my make-up routine :( We we're going along so well, Essence Liquid Ink Liner, and you had to mess that up :( It flakes like crazy by mid-day and the flakes go everywhere on my face, even my boyfriend and my MOM had commented on it.

Overall a good product but I just don't know why it keeps flaking off, I tried using a primer underneath it but to no avail. Will probably repurchase since its really cheap :) hehe

I bought this eyeliner and its waterproof counterpart on a search for affordable liquid liners. The normal one is entirely forgettable; it smudges and crumbles and has no staying power.

The WATERPROOF version, however, I use daily!! It doesnt have a separate page on this site yet, so I'll just say it here: it is absolutely amazing, and dirt cheap. Once you've learned to really wipe your applicator brush on the rim of the little tube before applying, the brush allows for some damn precise line-work. It comes out really black, doesn't crumble, and stays all day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is such a great eyeliner and for such an affordable price. Essence has some great products for real cheap which is why its one of my favourite brands. I dont really care much for the packagin because really, the simpler the packaging, the more inexpensive the product is. The eyeliner itself is very opaque and is honestly jet black. Only one application is needed. Theres no need to go over lines again or anything, which is a major pro for me. Although, it is a VERY inky eyeliner, the trick is to scrape the excess (which there will be alot of) off the brush before application to prevent smudging or ugly lines. The eyeliner lasts for a very long time and for only AUD$6, its worth a shot.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This eyeliner is good, but not great. It's an intense black that only requires one application to get a very dark black colour. However, while definitely being waterproof, it is not long lasting at all, and flakes throughout the day. Not to mention the packaging is horrible (its very hard to get the wand out and when you do, the product flicks all over you).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Essence has some amazing and affordable gems and this eyeliner is one of them. It lasts all day and there was very minimal smudging. Be warned though, the line can come out thicker than required so be precise when applying, use a light hand.