December 20, 2014 | 1156 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Baked Eye Color in Hot Chocolate

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I fell in love with the texture and had to have it. I picked it in this hot chocolate and looked like a gourgeous brown taupish color but when I got home it showed orangy on my lids no matter what primers I used. I returned it because didn't like the color on my lids (yellow undertone) but the texture is perfect and may buy it in another color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This a gorgeously-textured eyeshadow. I'm used to baked shadows having a grittier texture, but when I tried this at Sephora, it was like butter- it blends like an absolute dream and the color is a wonderful doe-brown with a tiny bit of grey. The color is comparable to her shadow in Cafe au Lait. It's not perhaps the most exciting color, but it's so soft and a very pumped-up basic that everyone can use.

This is $22 to $23 so it's not inexpensive, but the color is so well-pigmented and the amount given so generous that I doubt I will need to repurchase.