October 31, 2014 | 855 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Gimme brow

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My latest HG! I'm 41, and my brows have become thinner and sparser. I used eyeshadow on my brows with MAC #266 brush for years, but it needed something better.

I have light skin but dark brown eyebrows, so I use Medium/Dark. It's purely dark brown, and not a reddish/dark brown, which doesn't suit me.

I apply this first, then fill my brows in with the darker colour shadow in the Too Faced Brow Envy Kit. Great results, and lasts all day.

A bit pricey though, hence the 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty amazing!
To start, I have rather dark brows, but as I've gotten older, they've thinned out quite a bit and gotten a tad sparse. It's not terrible, but being as dark as they are (and me being as fair-skinned as I am), they can almost come off as gray if I don't fill them in.
I don't always like to do the whole shebang for makeup in the morning. Often times, I'll conceal, slap on some mascara, some form of matte lipstick, and then fill in my brows, which is always the longest step as it's a two-part process (powder then gel).
When I tried Gimme Brow at Ulta, I was pleased to find that it filled in my brows without the need of a powder underneath, but that it also kept them looking quite natural, as though I have full brows on my own. It didn't darken the existing hairs, but the formula made it look like I had more of them. Which is really what I wanted.
It lasts all day without smudging or wearing off, which I'm really a fan of. It's also easy to wash off at the end of the day.
The packaging is wonderful, albeit a bit small. I love the tiny brush, as I find it's quite easy to work with.
The price is insane for the small amount of product, but it doesn't seem like I need to use a ton of it to get the results I want, so perhaps it'll be worth the money. I know Hard Candy just came out with a fiber brow gel / highlighter duo that is touted as being comparable (though a slightly wetter formula), so if this ends up drying out or going empty too quickly, I may switch to that. Otherwise, I can see myself using this for a very long time to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by danicayingna

although this product is a little too pricey for a small bottle, it works wonders!! will definitely repurchase. i have a sparse excuse of brows but this elongates them and its super easy to apply when im in a rush! the colour suits my dark brows well. now i have lovely thick dark brows thanks to them! they look natural too, cant stress how much i love this enough. however, only con is that you must apply it carefully and not touch your eyelid with this as it stains your eyelid pretty quickly and hard to clean off. but overall its lovely!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you were to read a few of my other reviews, you'd probably notice a theme - and that theme is that I'm lazy. I do NOT like high maintenance-type products that take forever to apply and a lot of touch-up work. I blow-dry my hair once or twice a month. I wear lipstick once or twice a year. Since discovering the wonderful world of ways to look put together and awesome without breaking your back, I have a hard time doing anything but.

This product is part of that wonderful world. I backcomb my brows with the tiny brush, then comb them into place. It takes thirty seconds - maybe not even. It sets quickly and lasts all day (which, for me, can be a good eighteen hours). Sometimes I use a little pencil over it if I want my brows bolder, but it's optional - I don't HAVE to. My brows look great with just the gel, too. It can totally be a stand-alone product.

I think the people complaining about this may not be the right candidates for this product. You can't use just a gel if you have very sparse or nearly-invisible brows. There are powders and mousses and such for that. I think this gel works on people who have a good amount of eyebrow hair in the first place, and does a good job amping up the color and keeping things neat and groomed. If you have very little to groom, I'd think you'd have better results with something that allows you to draw over empty brow space.

This is just my first tube (and I agree with the reviewer who said the packaging looks very "middle school," but oh well), and I really hope this lasts at least a couple months. If it doesn't, the price point may kill me. But if I can get 2-3 months out of it...oh man. I might be hooked.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by atlanticise

I am usually horrible at drawing my eyebrows but when I use gimme brow, the results are very natural and quick. The packaging is small too, so it's become one of my travel essentials. The product is kind of watery which is good, because i can easily wipe it off if I make a mistake before it dries. And it smells like rosewater, very nice (: Would definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dark brows but the hairs are sparse. I normally use a pencil as I don't have the patience (or the time) for powder.

I bought this as a treat for myself. I use it by itself, and I like it.

The thing to remember (which I didn't realise until I'd used it a few times and almost given up) is that your brows need to be well groomed before you use this otherwise the product will stick to every single hair. So, make sure all those fine white hairs that you can barely see are gone, or you might find them highlighted against your skin.

The way I use it, is I wipe the edge on the top, brush through my brows the wrong way, then the right way. They look natural but more 'done' than with nothing. And you can see them!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you can get over the ridiculously small amount of product for the price (I bought this duty free) then you will get to see how great a product this is. It makes my powdered brows look much more natural somehow. I actually use this as the first step: I clean the brush by swiping it over the edge so there is very little product on it and then comb my brows with it. I wait 30 seconds and then while it is still tacky I begin to fill my brows in with powder using a slanted Sephora eyebrow brush. I would definitely repurchase as I really noticed a difference in staying power since using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by mayelyhood

I LOVE THIS STUFF. It keeps my brows in place all day and I use it every single day. The only downside is that it's around the pricier side of a brow product. But I think it's totally worth it. I only use this product because it keeps them in place while giving me some fullness as well. I LOVE this. Xoxo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I really don't have sparce brows, I was just looking for something different for my brows.

This product does work, I find I can really make my brows look very full with just a few swipes. The light color works well on my dark ash blonde brow hairs. Very natural looking finish, not harsh like a pencil product. I'll have to keep this gem in mind when my brows start to thin with age.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a sad excuse for brows, being sparse and over plucked in my younger days. I have tried everything there is and while I did get good results with Anastasia products, it was a daily hit or miss as sometimes I didn't have the patience to get it right.

This gives instant and I mean instant brows. It somehow fills in the hairs and makes them look full. I suddenly get well groomed brows in 30 seconds. A miracle considering I don't really have anything to actually groom. I just hope they will release a warmer and bit lighter version of this as I am quite fair with strawberry blonde hair and I feel this is too ash and overpowering on my features. Nevertheless, I never expected to have brows that overpower anything so this instantly shoots high up the HG list.

Benefit, please, oh please make a warmer, lighter shade. Promise to but tens of it if you do.