December 17, 2014 | 1774 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Gimme brow

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried dozens of brow products looking for something quick and easy that makes my thin, light colored brows look better but still natural and not OTT. Other products required multiple steps or they didn't match my brows (too dark or orange). So far, Benefit Gimme Brow works best for me. The light/medium color is very neutral and blends nicely with my very light ash brown brow color.

Con: the tube is overpriced for the tiny size and I doubt it will last very long. Nevertheless, I already purchased a backup as this works well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Hera94

Pros: - Micro-mini wand that seem to give you more precision - Long-wearing formula - Doesn't give you those stiff brows Cons: - Most brow products comes with an added benefit that not only tames your brow hairs in place but also helps to promote growth and strength of your brow hairs - For the price you would expect that but no there isn't - Funky smell that seems to linger even after I applied it on - It claims to give you fuller looking brows - I don't see that other than the fact that it just keeps my brows in place - Can get clumpy brows if youre heavy on the application - It's quite an average product overall with a heavy price tag

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by makeupalleycat19

This is a rather pricey product that gives you average brow tint and hold. Having had no knowledge on brow products, the Benefit Gimme Brow was my absolute holy grail until I discovered Anastasia Beverly Hills products. This cannot compare to their tinted brow gel. It did what it promised it would, but Anastasia beats this by a hundred points, and at around the same price too. The packaging is tiny! I always lost this as it was so miniscule. It is an average brow gel, but not worth the dear amount of pennies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by cdove

I really love this product but as other reviewers have stated the package is so small! I do not usually do my brows since they are already naturally thick but gimme brow makes them look great. It is a "your brows but better" product in IMO. The light/medium shade matches me perfectly and is a pretty universal shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by sjholt13

This product is ordinary. It's efficient, not worth the $$$

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by aquabluerose

I am returning this product to the store. The smell/scent is unacceptable and made my allergies worst. If you are allergic to rose scented or floral fragrances, this is not a good choice.
I have this on now and have been waiting for the smell to dissipate, but it is still going strong two hours after application. It is making me feel nauseated.
It is a shame because I do like the color for me..light/med. and it does fill out the brow quite naturally. Other brow gels really do look quite heavy and fake.
The price for such a small amount of product is another negative.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lauraricci

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow!! Love this stuff!! I have pretty good brows but I have a few sparse areas and this stuff makes my brows look GREAT! And it's so easy to use! I still have to fill in a bit closer to the inner brow because I have very few hairs but that's okay. It sticks to the hairs that exist, looks natural and lasts all day! I love it. I use this every day now and love that it only takes like 1 min or less to do my brows. Awesome. I use the blonde color and it matches well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I have light brown brows, and they are quite thick. I purchased this in light-medium, thinking it would be a quick one-step substitute for filling in my brows and then using a brow mascara to help keep them in place. Unfortunately, it did not really work that way. I have some spots that need to be filled in, and this realty doesn't do that. But the biggest problem for me was the color. It looked like I had grey paint in my eyebrows, and it made the skin in my eyebrows flake.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by HGL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The ease of use of this product is what attracted me to it. I am new to doing brows and am not into the heavy dramatic brow look and this looked more natural to me. Unfortunately, after using for awhile, I am going to discontinue. One downside is that, like their mascara They're Real, it dries out in less than a month and is too expensive to buy each month for the results I get. I buy the travel size of mascara and can justify $10 a month for that, but $20 whatever for brows a month is more than I want to spend for what this does.

The other thing I realized after using for awhile is that the darker color is just too dark for me. I do have dark brown hair but this is just a few shades too dark. The lighter color is too warm for me and possibly slightly light although I think I could work around that with the correct undertone. It needs to be more ashy/neutral.

The other thing I did not like about it is that it is really not well designed for any precision fill in if you have small bald spots or uneven brows. It is good for overall darkening of the brows, but I am looking for evening out and shaping, not darkening, which looks heavy on me. If you want something quick to darken brows and fill in without precision spot application, this may be a good product for you. It just didn't work for my brow shape and color as well as I'd like. I am going to look at anastasia pomade and makeup forever gel next as I have liked some tutorials I have seen on those. In the meantime, I just use a rimmel pencil for quick fill in although I'm not really liking this either, at least I'm not shelling out for it each month. It is challenging to find more ashy cool toned brow products that aren't super dark.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I have this in Medium/Deep and I just love it. I bought this after getting my brows done at Ulta's Benefit Brow Bar. I'm glad I did! It is great for temporarily tinting brows that contain different colors (I have a mixture of light blonde and dark brown brows--no idea why!). It volumizes and is a great deep color. Don't make the mistake that I did, though--if you brows are not perfectly shaped, don't use this alone! You need an angled brush and brow powder to fully fill them in as well, otherwise it looks like you took a weird sharpie to your brows. All in all, though, this is a great brow gel and I would definitely recommend it.