BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

4.1

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. This is definitely a must-have in my collection of brow stuff.

Packaging: 5/5
It's so cute and the size makes it easy to carry around anywhere for on the go (if I even need it, with this stuff!) The design is very cute. The wand is small enough that it doesn't get messy, but it's not so small that too much product gets concentrated on one small part of your eyebrow. You know what I mean? It doesn't clump. It distributes the product evenly, but if doesn't, you have a several seconds before it dries and sets to fix it.

Formula: 5/5
What's on the inside is what really matters! Benefit is really spot-on with this one. Again, it doesn't clump. And unlike my Anastasia brow gel, my eyebrows don't feel crunchy afterwards. The lasting power is good, too! It lasts 6 hours+ but it's easy to remove. When it starts to fade, it doesn't flake/smudge everywhere, it just gradually disappears. It sets my Anastasia brow wiz, and it's great. I can wear this alone and it's great. It just makes me put together.

Experiences: 5/5
No bad experiences. I haven't had this for a long time so I can't say if it gets dried up or now. However, I can quickly use this on my brows for a natural, yet thicker eyebrows. It literally takes a few seconds, and it's like magic.

Range: 2/5
The difference between Anastasia and the Gimme Brow, is the color range. Benefit only has 2 shades, so if your eyebrows aren't those two, well... I do hope they come out with other colors because I know it'll be a HG for many others. But, they did choose 2 pretty common shades.

Finished Look: 5/5
My brows looks put together even with just this on. It doesn't look like I put anything on, and looks natural. It fills in sparse spaces like a dream, although I don't have any major ones. It just makes my eyebrows look bolder and just... nicer! I get compliments from this stuff a lot. It stays put for a long period of time.

Overall: 5/5
Love love love this product! I really hate to say this but I like this better than the Anastasia brow gel. I'm the darkest shade. I hope this works just as well on you as it did to me. Xox, @tbhaudio on instagram

( I post background music/audios for beauty gurus who post makeup videos. So, if you wanna check it out that's cool! Again, it's @tbhaudio with no s at the end.)

At the insistance of my friends, I agreed to try this product because I'd been having trouble with filling in my brows. Gimme brow made this so much easier!! Really great for people that want an easy, quick way to fill in your brows in a rush while still looking sleek and put together. Would definitely buy again!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Loving this product so far! I literally bought it like three days ago and have been applying it on my eyebrows and making sure to use a concealer on top of my browns and a nice highlighter under my brow bone area. The results are so far so good. The benefit counter girl helped me out with shaping and getting the best brow look..

will buy if this product again.

I got this product to try after reading some glowing reviews about it online. I've tried various other eyebrow products and have to say this is by far the quickest and easiest to use. It's basically a teeny tiny mascara.

That said, there are only two shades to choose from, and, as a warm toned, dark brunette, the 'Medium / Dark' (darkest shade) is a bit ashy on me.

I would recommend it to anyone starting out in the brow department (if you can find a colour match) because it is so easy to use and saves me a lot of time in the morning (literally I can do my brows in about 30 seconds). However it is stupidly expensive for the amount of product you get.

I will probably use it up until it's finished but I won't repurchase.

This was part of a christmas present. I'd never used brow products before. ( i have naturally dark and quite thick brows)
I love this stuff, easy and quick to apply.
Great for a beginner.
Its quite subtle, just adds a little extra definition which is perfect for those of us that have a naturally strong brow game!

Very lovely little product for on the go. The color is nice and it really does work like magic. I use this once I have filled my brows in with the brow wiz by ABH. This is great for adding volume and marrying the color of the pencil to my brow hair color if that makes sense. It really is the icing on the cake and helps make my brows look naturally full. I think it's kind of innovative in that regard. (Maybe how Benefit justifies the ridiculous price point...
Really though Benefit.... $24 for something 1/4 the size of a mascara tube. Get real) I probably will not repurchase and may try to find a cheaper alternative for this reason.

I read a review saying light/medium is for blondes/dirty blondes and the medium/dark is for everyone else. I have to disagree. I have deep mahogany hair and the light/medium works great. Even though my brow hairs are pretty dark naturally. I actually think the light/medium is more versatile than the other. But I guess brows are subjective ;)

I recently bought this product as I wanted to give myself more time in the mornings, as using a brow gel and brush was just taking me far too long. So, after some consideration, I decided to purchase benefit's "gimme brow". Firstly, this product is quite expensive, but because I haven't used it for a long time yet I don't know how long it will last - so I don't know whether or not it is good value for money yet. However, I have to say, this applies like an absolute dream! It has a very small brush so it is easy to control, also meaning that no excess product gets on the skin. The technique is very simple; firstly, you sort of 'backcomb' the brow hairs to add volume, then you smooth them back down again to give a polished look. This product lasts all day and gives a fairly natural look. One of the reasons I currently prefer this over pencils or gels is because these products can produce a 'sharpie' or 'scouse' brow which I am not really looking for. Overall, this is a great product to use!

I absolutely love this product. I have quite light coloured fine eye brows but they're still relatively big. I generally use the illamasqua eyebrow powder to trace the shape and fill in my brows but you can definitely see the difference after then going over them with gimme brow. it manages to keep my brows tamed and also blends them nicely. Have been through about 4 of these now and will continue to use this product :)

Benefit so rarely fails me as a user. I'm surprised this one didn't get better reviews. As someone of East Asian descent with the sparse eyelashes and brows to match, I can soundly attest to the Gimme Brow gel's volumizing aspect as well as its ease of application and lasting nature.

It made an instant difference with one quick and clean swipe across one whole brow, as recommended, from the inner corners of my brows to the ends of their arches. The difference wasn't even that it darkened the lashes--it collectively framed my lashes, giving them a done and defined shape. That, I suspect, would be due to the volumizing effect. I apply it every morning at 7am and by 7pm (12 hours), it still looks exactly as if I just finished them.

I chose the Medium/Deep (the darker of the two options) option and found that two options are all you need for the broad spectrum of coloring the women of the world have. Since I am fair-skinned in the fall-winter-early spring, I was afraid the darker option would be too dark. However, that just means I only need one or two swipes each use.

I would recommend, only platinum-dirty blondes should use the light option. The medium-deep shade is for everyone else. If you're darker-skinned, do 3-4 swipes and press down more firmly as you swipe along. That is yet another reason why I love it-- it takes the guesswork out of brow-coloring/shaping. Don't have to be skilled at blending or brush-wielding to successfully use this product on your first try.

Read my blogs on fashion (and soon to come) beauty here at LilGripes.com!

My eyebrows aren't what the youth of today would call "on fleek". To be honest, for someone with a lot of dark hair, I have rather fine eyebrows. For years, I've been using Anastasia of Beverly Hills Eyebrow Whiz pencil and Dipbrow (with a few dalliances to other brands like Jane Iredale) and these have never failed me. But, like everyone else here, I am in the constant pursuit of the perfect product; the holy grail.

Enter Benefit. I really, really, really want to love Benefit cosmetics. Their packaging is always cute and their marketing has always connected with me. Unfortunately, I've tried many of their products and they hit just slightly left of the mark. The same can be said for the Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber gel.

Gimme Brow comes in a teeny mascara type tube, which is cute, until you realize you just paid $24 for 1/3 of a tube of mascara (FYI-ABH's Dipbrow has lasted me a year and is still going strong). I do like the tiny brush that is included in the tube and I find it does grab more hair. As for the fiber gel itself, I do not see a remarkable difference in my eyebrows. I actually felt like I had to supplement the lack of pigment with other products. Other than some coloring, I wouldn't say this added any volume to my eyebrows. The product did last most of the day (about 6 hours) before showing signs of fading. I didn't test it out in water or humidity but, since there is no indication of it being waterproof, I don't have high hopes of having well groomed brows in the rain.

One other thing to note, like most of Benefit's products, shades are very limited. This product in particular only comes in two shades: Light/Medium (a light taupe-ish color) and Medium/Dark (a dark brown color). Not all eyebrows are created equally so these two colors wouldn't work for everyone.

I am still using the Gimme Brow and mixing it with my Anastasia products because I'm too lazy to return it to Sephora and I do like how the tiny brush finds all of my precious hairs. Will I buy this again. Most likely not. For $21 you can purchase Anastasia's Brow Whiz which has many more colors or for $18 the Dipbrow which also has several shades and is waterproof.

Popular Brows Products