BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

on 6/27/2015 8:10:00 PM

This is a very good product for taming and coloring eyebrows and does look very natural. I've tried both shades and am using the darker shade after I started tinting my brows, neither shade is too red like other brow products I've tried. It also does not feel heavy like other brow gels and coats well if more is needed. I like the portable size however that does make it easy to lose. Just make sure to wipe the excess off so there won\t be a blob left while applying. I personally need pencil because my hair is fine and it does not interfere with this product. My main issue with this is the cost of $28.00 CDN which is a little steep for something that will only last 2-3 months. I did find a product called Brows Now from Hard Candy which is similar and only costs about $6.00 CDN

on 6/22/2015 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Benefit sure has a solid brow enhancing arsenal! I own the medium/dark shade and I use it on a daily basis to fill in my brows. For reference, I consider myself to have full but thin brows. I find that the small brush provides me enough control to thicken the look of my brows without any fuss in the morning. For special occasions I prefer a pot-type product (like a brow wax and powder) but for everyday this product is fantastic and fool proof! My brows last all day and have even survived several workouts. I would definitely recommend for those who want to try a brow enhancing product that doesn't require additional tools. Will definitely repurchase once I run out... although I've used mine for over 6 months and it's hard to tell if I'm anywhere near the end!

on 6/17/2015 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic product. Fills in and holds the shape of your eyebrows. Can easily apply as much or as little as you want. Only complaint is that I wish when the wand came out of the tube the product was more evenly distributed on the brush, I often have to wipe off build-up on the ends of the wand before applying.

on 6/15/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this in Medium and it is much better for me than the Anastasia brow wiz or brow powder duo. Both Anastasia products looked to "penciled" in for me and not quite the natural, filled in look that I was going for.

Gimme brow is easy to use (very small precise brush) with a light hand and short, quick strokes. It leaves my brows looking filled in, defined and natural.

The size is quite small for the price and I am not sure yet how the small brush will hold up.

Excellent product that I am happy to replace Anastasia with.

on 6/7/2015 9:04:00 PM

I have fair skin and naturally pretty dark eyebrows, so it's pretty hard for me to find a product for my eyebrows that doesn't make them too dark. For years I had just been using a clear mascara gel on them to keep them in place because I had given up on finding something for my brows. The first time I went to Sephora instead of a salon to get my brows waxed, they used Gimme Brow on me and I absolutely fell in love with it. I use the darkest shade but It doesn't make my eyebrows too dark. It goes on lightly if you use light strokes but can easily be built up because it is highly pigmented. It is the BEST brow gel out there, and this is definitely a product I could not do without.

on 5/26/2015 9:30:00 PM

I love thick brows.
I've been looking for a product that would look natural and enhance thickness. This product does this. The brows stay in place all day.
Sadly, the tube dries out far too quickly, making this product too expensive to replace so quickly.

I'm looking for a better alternative that does not dry out.
Any suggestions?

PROS: Great colour for dark brows. Good hold
CONS: Expensive. Dries out far too quickly.
PRICE: $28.00

on 5/23/2015 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've bought this twice, but the second time will be my last. This product isn't the worst, but it has some significant flaws that prevent me from making it a holy grail product.

I purchased it in Light/Medium both times and I really, really love the color. It's great for ashy blondes/light brunettes. It's also a product that will wear with you all day (unlike Dipbrow, in my experience.) It's easy to work with as well: just pull it out the tube and slide on. Easy, right?

Except over time, the wand becomes gunked up with hairs. In addition, the formula becomes drier as it is exposed to air and harder to spread. It's not the worst, but be prepared with several q-tips in the wings to fix the issues, and more as time goes on. The color range is also limited to two options.

It's a solid meh because of those issues. If Benefit can fix the wand (the size is great, it's just the bristles could be tweaked or easier to clean), I'd be happy to consider it HG. Until then, there are other options out there.

Pros:

- Light/Medium is a great taupe color for ash blondes/light brunettes
- Easy to use
- Brush size is perfect
- Long-lasting
- Easy to clean off with q-tip from skin

Cons:

- As time goes on, becomes difficult to use as formula dries
- Bristles could be adjusted to avoid gunking up
- Color range is limited to two options: Light/Medium and Medium/Dark (sorry, redheads)

on 5/20/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has become my HG product for my brows! I tried everything from powders to pomades to pencils before finding this gem. I have very light brown yet my hair is dark brown. This works perfectly for my brows. It fills in sparse areas, adds color and maintains a natural look. My main problem before was that my brows looked to made up and I absolutely hated the "instagram brow" look. I also used to spend a ton of time on my brows but not anymore! The only downside is the price for the amount of product you get. I'll be a lifelong customer from now on.

on 5/19/2015 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is great if you already have semi-full brows and even greater if you're in a hurry!

It gives a very natural look when applied alone, but when I have more time on my hands I like to layer this on top of my Anastasia brow wiz.

Both my mom and I love this, but it is pretty darn expensive considering the amount that you're getting :/

on 5/18/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This little tube of color is just great- easy to apply, perfect color, no red. I've been on the hunt for the ideal brow product to fill in my aging, fading brows and this fits the bill. I've used pens, powders, pencils, waxes- they're either too red, too dark, too hard, too messy. Gimme Brow looks natural and I can make it as faint or intense as I like. I wish it weren't so danged pricey for such a little tube and I wish the tube cleaned excess off the spoolie a bit better- but I love it.

Popular Brows Products