November 26, 2014 | 1575 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Gimme brow

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I have light brown brows, and they are quite thick. I purchased this in light-medium, thinking it would be a quick one-step substitute for filling in my brows and then using a brow mascara to help keep them in place. Unfortunately, it did not really work that way. I have some spots that need to be filled in, and this realty doesn't do that. But the biggest problem for me was the color. It looked like I had grey paint in my eyebrows, and it made the skin in my eyebrows flake.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by HGL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The ease of use of this product is what attracted me to it. I am new to doing brows and am not into the heavy dramatic brow look and this looked more natural to me. Unfortunately, after using for awhile, I am going to discontinue. One downside is that, like their mascara They're Real, it dries out in less than a month and is too expensive to buy each month for the results I get. I buy the travel size of mascara and can justify $10 a month for that, but $20 whatever for brows a month is more than I want to spend for what this does.

The other thing I realized after using for awhile is that the darker color is just too dark for me. I do have dark brown hair but this is just a few shades too dark. The lighter color is too warm for me and possibly slightly light although I think I could work around that with the correct undertone. It needs to be more ashy/neutral.

The other thing I did not like about it is that it is really not well designed for any precision fill in if you have small bald spots or uneven brows. It is good for overall darkening of the brows, but I am looking for evening out and shaping, not darkening, which looks heavy on me. If you want something quick to darken brows and fill in without precision spot application, this may be a good product for you. It just didn't work for my brow shape and color as well as I'd like. I am going to look at anastasia pomade and makeup forever gel next as I have liked some tutorials I have seen on those. In the meantime, I just use a rimmel pencil for quick fill in although I'm not really liking this either, at least I'm not shelling out for it each month. It is challenging to find more ashy cool toned brow products that aren't super dark.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I have this in Medium/Deep and I just love it. I bought this after getting my brows done at Ulta's Benefit Brow Bar. I'm glad I did! It is great for temporarily tinting brows that contain different colors (I have a mixture of light blonde and dark brown brows--no idea why!). It volumizes and is a great deep color. Don't make the mistake that I did, though--if you brows are not perfectly shaped, don't use this alone! You need an angled brush and brow powder to fully fill them in as well, otherwise it looks like you took a weird sharpie to your brows. All in all, though, this is a great brow gel and I would definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by CPMUSTANG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product and I am going to repurchase when I run out. Like all the other reviewers have stated: it's a great product to easily fill eyebrows (especially for a working mom like myself). So why the three stars? It's expensive for what you get. I feel like I just purchased the product and its already getting low.

I am looking forward to finding a drugstore dupe for the product. In the meantime, I will purchase from Benefit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the lighter of the two shades, and it's a nice ashy cool toned brown, perfect for my cooler complexion and blonde hair. I have naturally shaded brows that have got enough hairs (if you know what I mean) but I like this product to fill in some gaps I have in my brows, help sculpt them and tint them just a tiny bit of a nicer colour. If you don't enjoy that heavy brow look or you simply don't need to spend a lot of time on your brows like I do, I would recommend this for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by LSUgirl99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The best makeup purchase I have made in awhile. I stumbled across this at Ulta and wanted to try it mainly because I don't like fussing with eyebrow powder in the morning. My sis and I got hooked on Anastasia a few years back and have patiently grown out our brows after years of over waxing. The Anastasia powder makes my eyebrows itch like CRAZY and I never liked how the powder made my eyebrows look fake, but I needed something to fill in areas of my brows that are still growing out.

This product is amazing if you have a good amount of eyebrow to begin with (I stress this because my Mom who has very sparse brows tried this at the Benefit brow bar and it was a total flop for her. I think the key is having a good amount of brow to begin with and would def try it out in the store first). I use the medium/deep which is a true dark brown-it is slightly lighter than my brow color, but close. It takes only a few seconds to swipe on over the brow- I love the tiny mascara like wand, and it only takes a little. It's a dry gel that dries very quickly, fills in the brow with subtle color ( covers any gray brows awesomely) and does not make make my brows itch! I haven't touched my Anastsia brow powder since I bought this.

It is pricey for such a small tube, but I have had the tube for 3 months now and still have some left. If you have little time to mess with your brows in the morning, and want natural looking groomed brows this little workhorse won't disappoint!

Go to Google type in gimme brow and select images to see uploaded photos ;).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My latest HG! I'm 41, and my brows have become thinner and sparser. I used eyeshadow on my brows with MAC #266 brush for years, but it needed something better.

I have light skin but dark brown eyebrows, so I use Medium/Dark. It's purely dark brown, and not a reddish/dark brown, which doesn't suit me.

I apply this first, then fill my brows in with the darker colour shadow in the Too Faced Brow Envy Kit. Great results, and lasts all day.

A bit pricey though, hence the 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty amazing!
To start, I have rather dark brows, but as I've gotten older, they've thinned out quite a bit and gotten a tad sparse. It's not terrible, but being as dark as they are (and me being as fair-skinned as I am), they can almost come off as gray if I don't fill them in.
I don't always like to do the whole shebang for makeup in the morning. Often times, I'll conceal, slap on some mascara, some form of matte lipstick, and then fill in my brows, which is always the longest step as it's a two-part process (powder then gel).
When I tried Gimme Brow at Ulta, I was pleased to find that it filled in my brows without the need of a powder underneath, but that it also kept them looking quite natural, as though I have full brows on my own. It didn't darken the existing hairs, but the formula made it look like I had more of them. Which is really what I wanted.
It lasts all day without smudging or wearing off, which I'm really a fan of. It's also easy to wash off at the end of the day.
The packaging is wonderful, albeit a bit small. I love the tiny brush, as I find it's quite easy to work with.
The price is insane for the small amount of product, but it doesn't seem like I need to use a ton of it to get the results I want, so perhaps it'll be worth the money. I know Hard Candy just came out with a fiber brow gel / highlighter duo that is touted as being comparable (though a slightly wetter formula), so if this ends up drying out or going empty too quickly, I may switch to that. Otherwise, I can see myself using this for a very long time to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by danicayingna

although this product is a little too pricey for a small bottle, it works wonders!! will definitely repurchase. i have a sparse excuse of brows but this elongates them and its super easy to apply when im in a rush! the colour suits my dark brows well. now i have lovely thick dark brows thanks to them! they look natural too, cant stress how much i love this enough. however, only con is that you must apply it carefully and not touch your eyelid with this as it stains your eyelid pretty quickly and hard to clean off. but overall its lovely!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you were to read a few of my other reviews, you'd probably notice a theme - and that theme is that I'm lazy. I do NOT like high maintenance-type products that take forever to apply and a lot of touch-up work. I blow-dry my hair once or twice a month. I wear lipstick once or twice a year. Since discovering the wonderful world of ways to look put together and awesome without breaking your back, I have a hard time doing anything but.

This product is part of that wonderful world. I backcomb my brows with the tiny brush, then comb them into place. It takes thirty seconds - maybe not even. It sets quickly and lasts all day (which, for me, can be a good eighteen hours). Sometimes I use a little pencil over it if I want my brows bolder, but it's optional - I don't HAVE to. My brows look great with just the gel, too. It can totally be a stand-alone product.

I think the people complaining about this may not be the right candidates for this product. You can't use just a gel if you have very sparse or nearly-invisible brows. There are powders and mousses and such for that. I think this gel works on people who have a good amount of eyebrow hair in the first place, and does a good job amping up the color and keeping things neat and groomed. If you have very little to groom, I'd think you'd have better results with something that allows you to draw over empty brow space.

This is just my first tube (and I agree with the reviewer who said the packaging looks very "middle school," but oh well), and I really hope this lasts at least a couple months. If it doesn't, the price point may kill me. But if I can get 2-3 months out of it...oh man. I might be hooked.