BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

on 3/20/2015 3:43:00 PM

This stuff is unreal. My brows are both pretty light coloured and extremely sparse so I was filling them in with a pencil everyday, and as much as I love that look it took waaaayyy too much time. I hated having to decide between good brows or putting a lot less time and effort into my makeup everyday. Now I can have my cake and eat it too! Gimme brow is a creamy/gelly eyebrow tint that has little fibers in it to volumize the brows. When I first heard of it I thought it would only work for people who already had nice eyebrows or for holding them in place once you've filled them in. I was wrong! It takes a little getting used to, but once you perfect it, this stuff is a real game changer. I will apply 2-3 thin coats over my brows, brushing the skin under the hair a bit to apply the colour a bit more. It really does make my eyebrows look naturally thicker, you wouldn't be able to tell that I had any product on unless you looked really closelyThe lasting power is really good too. I fell asleep with this stuff on the other night and I brows look almost as good as the night before. This is perfect for anyone who is strapped for time in the morning but doesn't want to go without their brows on! I haven't been able to test if it is waterproof. That'll be my next step as I work outside during the summer and have to deal with sweat and water on a regular basis. I only give it 4 stars because I wish it had more fibres in it. I really don't notice the fibres right now, and I feel like if there were more I could get away with one coat instead of 2-3.

on 3/17/2015 2:23:00 PM

I have tried many brow pencils, powders, tubes w/brushes & this is the only product I will ever purchase again. My brows look natural, not over done, love this product. The small brush makes it easy to apply.

on 3/15/2015 4:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this! Bought a second one and will probably keep buying more whenever I run out.

It's really fuss-free - I wake up in the morning, do a quick (but careful) swipe over my brows and they're good to go. I love how natural this makes my brows look and I dont have to worry about my brows being "too much". I don't touch my Brow Zings now because of how this has made things so much easier.

A cheaper alternative would be the similar one by Etude House.

on 3/8/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: NW/NC25, neutral to warm skin tone, sensitive skin with broken capillaries on cheeks, combination skin (slightly oily t-zone). Medium to dark brown hair. Green eyes.

My eyebrows have a few tiny bald spots. A few bad professional brow jobs, a bit of self over plucking. I use medium/deep in this product. It adds richness to my brows but is definitely not overly dark (ie doesn't turn black). You need to be careful how much you apply as it can be goopy looking. Sometimes I rub the tip on a Kleenex to take extra product off. I often apply a brow powder first to fill in the few tiny bald spots and apply this gel lightly over my entire brow. This alone does not cover my tiny bald spots. Overall I'm very impressed with this product. I would repurchase.

on 2/27/2015 2:47:00 PM

Amazing little thing! Great for if you're in a rush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Life.Changer. Ok, that may be a bit dramatic, but this has definitely changed my eyebrow game for the better. I have blonde, sparse brows, and barely have any hairs at the tail. Gimme Brow fills them in, holds them in place, and gives me natural looking brows like I was just born with them.

I can use Gimme Brow alone, with powder, pencil, creams, any way really, and it just adds that extra oomph I've been missing. It plays well with all other products I've tried it with.

Yes, it's a tiny package with a tiny amount of product, but I find it lasts me a good 4-6 months, and that's good enough for me. I don't think I'd want to keep an eyebrow gel any longer than that anyway. They could lower the price and I wouldn't complain, but who would?! Lol.

All in all, I love this stuff! Now that it's in my life, I don't ever want to be without it. That could explain all the backups I've amassed! =P

on 2/22/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff. It's become my new go-to for my brows. It works much better for me than powders because it doesn't take nearly as long to apply, and it's easier to make your brows the same shape size with the applicator than it is with a brow brush. I have this in medium/deep, and it's perfect for my (almost) black brows. It stays on all day, and it comes off super easily with soap and water. Best of it, it looks natural. No red tint! Love, love, love. I just wish there were a bit more in the package!

on 2/22/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the second Benefit product I have had a similar problem with - and it has to do with the way the product is packaged. The product is super 'gloppy' as it would need to be. It comes in a bottle with a wand like an eyelash brush. You pull the wand out and it comes with a great heaping glob of product. Andre the giant couldn't have used the amount of product that comes out with the wand. It's a lot. I tried getting it back in the bottle - hilarious. So you have to wipe the product off the wand. It's been a few weeks and, lo and behold, I am out of product. What a bummer and what a waste! A similar thing happened when I first bought 'stay don't stray.' The pump dispensed a massive amount of product that was then wasted and I was out of product in weeks. Given the repeat performance I would have to guess this is either intentional or a consistent flaw that is happily allowed. BeneFit: Great products packaged to waste.

on 2/16/2015 12:58:00 PM

AMAZING! It is very very pricey and it only has 3g and the gel from Anastasia is 3 times that amount and cheaper i think. But gimme brow dries in an instant, the Anastasia takes some time to dry. I love the colour i think its universal. The light shade works for blondes and for brunettes with ashy eyebrows like myself even though it looked quite lighter that my hair when i swatched it, it blends with your natural hair very beautifully. I think only people with the darkest eyebrow hair should buy the second shade(medium/dark). The application is very effortless and if you have a decent brow with some gaps throughout it, it works wonders to give you a fuller bolder brow. If you have to recreate you brows or extend them then i would use something like brow wiz and then top it with gimme brow. It's a shame they only have 2 shades, they are universal but benefit please introduce some more shades for especially for people with warmer brows! Also, the brush is awesome!

on 2/16/2015 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this product. It has a nice color, the brush size is good for any brow thickness, and it makes your eyebrows look fuller. The only things I don't like about it are the price for the amount of product and goopiness. It doesn't start out goopy, I think it's just because the tube is so small and the product runs out so quickly that it gets really thick. I also wish this wasn't $22. It lasted me about three months which I guess is good since your supposed to replace eye products every 3 months (right?). Might repurchase, but I'll look for a dupe first

Popular Brows Products