MAC All Over Gloss in Frost Warming

3.7

on 5/11/2004 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have mixed feelings about this little jar of allover gloss. i like the concept of multi-purpose products. i love the color: a light frosty pink with a golden sheen. i love the high shine, but it's not something that i'm going to use a lot. then again, it's something i want in my makeup arsenal just because it's fun to have.
as pretty as the color is, it doesn't work very well as a lip gloss for me. it makes me look mod or like some sort of outer space girl creature. i can see this looking better on someone with fairer skin and cooler tones, which a mac nc35/armani 6.5 i am not. the color doesn't show up very well as a highlighter, but just a dab on the cheekbones makes you look glowing. it's also really great as a base for pigments. it makes the color more intense (it comes out clear, so it won't interfere with the color of the pigment) and it gives the lids the glossy finish that's so trendy nowadays.
the con is that this doesn't dry, so it remains sticky from the time you apply until you take it off. if you're not going to touch your face or take a nap, then you should be fine. some people though might not like the sticky, non-drying texture especially if you have really oily skin then it's not worth it.
it has its shining moments, but it's something that most people can live without. it's no longer being made by mac, so if you're curious then swap for it or buy a sample off ebay. it's not completely useless, but i doubt you'll become obsessed with it either. personally, the appeal is the glossiness, color, the fact that it's an le/hard to find item, and the fact that you get so much product. i just got fantastical and i still am on the search for astonish. it might not be one of my absolute favorites, but, like i said, it's definitely fun to have. continued >>

This is such a pretty gloss, a lovely warm pink. But its a bit sticky and I'm not completely sure how to wear it.

on 4/9/2004 2:06:00 PM

This is quite similar to Sticky Wicket, but imho has slightly less gold and more of a champange or silver tone. I find this looks best on my lips. It makes a nice base for Nars Sweet Dreams lipgloss because the colors complement each other and this has slightly more staying power.

on 4/9/2004 2:06:00 PM

on 2/25/2004 10:46:00 AM

Very nice colour and product but a little sticky. Looks nice for a while on eyes but then bleeds . On cheekbones it looks nice but v. sticky. It is nicest on lips.

on 2/23/2004 10:07:00 PM

I got this from a wonderful swapper and I'm so happy I did! It's like Sticky Wicket, but more opaque and with more frost. It's a gold pink. Reminds me of Chicky lipglass stain when I wear it on my lips (but not so sticky!) Pretty!

on 6/30/2003 8:34:00 PM

I received a generous sample of this from a wonderful swapper. I have oily skin, so I normally stay away from products like this. The color is gorgeous, but it was a big sticky mess when I applied in on my cheeks. Yuck. I much prefer Armani Fluid Sheers to highlight.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

::swoons:: I am in *Love* with Frost Warming. I had heard this was verrrry close in comparison to Sticky Wicket (my all time and forever lemming...) so a lovely and dear MUAer was nice enough to sell me hers! I am forever grateful to her, as this is now one of my favorite makeup items! Frost Warming is a shimmery pink infused gold gloss that looks *awesome* with my olive skintone. I dabbed a bit on my lips, and smoothed some over my cheekbones and voila! shimmery beauty! And I must emphasize - This is NOT sticky or gooey, but creamy. It feels like a lotion when i use it on my cheekbones. I love, love, love this - Try to find it, It's fun, sexy, versatile (I could *so* go on forever ;) Yayyyyyy :D :D :D

on 2/28/2003 7:21:00 PM

I'm really disappointed with this...I wanted to love it. When I saw it was a limited-time only thing, I ran out and got it. I love that color-its my absolute favorite color and I'm glad MAC has so many shaded like it. And the frost is awesome. But it feels sticky!! It looked okay on my cheeks and eyes but on my lips (for which this is best)looked really weird. Also it is hard to apply with that big tub of a container. It's not so bad but I wish it were better. Anyway, the tub is huge o it should last me awhile.

on 1/28/2003 10:30:00 PM

I love this little tub of glowy goodness- this is quite shimmmery though, so a little goes a very long way.

I use this mostly as a cheekbone highlighter- I dab a teeny amount over my blush, and out the door. It's really a strictly-evening product though, because of the shimmer factor. Otherwise, I dab a little bit on my lips, to mix with my normal lipstick or lipgloss. It's also nice swiped along the collarbones. And the little weeny tub is so cute! continued >>

Top Rated MAC Products