November 28, 2014 | 1221 users online

Palettes - FLOWER Beauty - Foxy Browns

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No animal testing - yeah! Gorgeous neutral quad with pale shimmery pink, gray shimmery taupe, golden shimmery brown, and matte dark brown. It's super blendable and I get over 13 hours of wear with no creasing. Golden brown is beautiful and great as either a light wash of color or built up for a darker golden brown. I thought the taupe would be a bit cool on my brown eyes, but it looks lovely. I haven't worn powder shadow in years, but this has brought me back! Equal in quality to Lancome and Estee Lauder. Love this! FLOWER cosmetics are the only reason I go to WalMart!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by katerdpher51

The colors in this quad are quite nice, and include a slight shimmer that doesn't come across as glittery on the eye. I wouldn't repuchase simply because I have SO many eyeshadows in my collection, and these are not especially unique. The formula itself is nice enough and blends easily. I'd recommend a primer underneath for the optimum staying power

One thing that I noticed this morning when applying these shadows (keep in mind that I have many shadows in rotation, so while I've had this palette for more than a year, I've not frequently used it!) is that one of the colors had an interesting "fiber" texture underneath it.

I pulled at the fibers with a tweezer, thinking that somehow cotton or something similar had gotten into the shadow. Nope, it must be underneath the shadow, somehow holding it in. When I pulled at the fibers, some of the shadow fell apart when I was yanking at it. Needless to say, I stopped pulling, but thought it strange. As mentioned, I've never experience this fiber in any of my other shadows of other brands (palettes or singles), and haven't noticed it in my other FLOWER shadow palette or powder products. I'm curious if other people have noticed this??

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

The positives are that the darker shadows in this quad are pretty good staying power with a primer. Even when I swatched them on hands and took it off with a Kleenex 15 seconds later I see that my hands still have the darker shadows there (although obviously faded since I wiped it off).

The quad gives a very natural looking eye look. I added the pink (top left) all over lid and under the brow. I then mixed the gray and the warm brown (both on right side of the quad) on the outer third of the lid. Last I added the darkest shade (bottom left of quad) on my outer v just every so slightly. You can make it more an evening look by adding more of the darkest color on the outer v. So I guess another positive can be that this quad is versatile...it can be used both for daytime and at night. It is also good that you can get an eyelook just by using the quad...you don't need additional shadows. Lastly, the eyeshadows are overall powdery (except the darkest color) that even if you add too much of the dark colors you can easily sheer it out.

However, I feel like the quality of the shadows are just…meh. Some are just too powdery and brush right off. The pink and grey need to be applied several times during the blending process since it tends to just brush away even when used with a primer. Both the shadows are pretty disappointing. The warm brown and the darkest chocolate brown color are little better. After hours of wear…they’re the only ones still left on my eyes. Still…I didn’t pay for a quad to only have two of the eyeshadows work out of the four. Plus I have several neutral palettes so I can tell this quad will not be getting much love. I would give the product a thumbs down and would not really recommend it to anybody. Maybe if you were new to makeup and you need something to just experiment and give you a natural look?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Great little eyeshadow quad. The product itself is wonderfully pigmented and soft/buttery in texture...blends like a dream. The price is less than $10 for this little gem and compares to brands much higher in price. The only drawback is the packaging is a little cheap but then again it's the product inside that counts!