April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Palettes - Victoria's Secret - JET SETTER PORTABLE MAKEUP KIT

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Veritas709

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a travel palette and this one seems perfect. What I was looking for is that it has different variety of shadows, blushes and lip colors. This palette comes with even more products than my requirements, such as a bronzer, luminous powder, translucent powder, lipliner, mascara, and an eyeliner. But the most important thing is that it's high quality. When I saw that this palette's products were made in the USA, I didn't hesitate to buy it because it's such a fantastic deal for $32. Usually palettes with a lot of colors like this and at such a low price are made in China, even with mid-priced brands. For example, Stila's travel palettes are made in China, so I stopped buying them. I noticed that the quality wasn't the same as their regular eyeshadows.

I never bought VS cosmetics before and was very pleased to find that they are high quality. The eyeshadows are soft and pigmented. I use them over Urban Decay Prime Potion and they last all day and night until I take them off, about 15+ hours wear. The blushes are very pigmented, the same as MAC or maybe more.

The colors in this palette are so versatile. You can create many different looks. I was surprised that the bronzer comes out nicely on my NC30-35 skin tone. The luminous powder has a pink tone to it and very subtle, but it does make your skin glowy looking. I haven't used all the lipsticks or lipglosses, I think they're just like any lip products. I don't notice any unpleasant scent.

Overall, I think this is an excellent travel palette, everything you need, in one place. Although I would use my own brushes, not the sponge applicators and brush included (these are the only thing made in China, along with the casing). The case measures 8.25 x 5.25 x 1.13 with a mirror on top and a kickstand in the back. There are 2 levels inside, the top one has eyeshadows and lipsticks/lipglosses, the bottom one has the blushes, powders, eyeliner, lipliner, mascara and the "tools".

I gave it 4 stars because I wish it could be more compact, maybe a bit thinner. Also, I don't feel that the case is that sturdy. The mirror is outside and I feel that it can break during travel if the luggage is handled roughly. Besides those, I do recommend this palette for someone who likes to have a variety of colors but don't want to carry different products with them. This palette offers high quality products for a very low price and in a nice package for traveling. Bon Voyage!