October 21, 2014 | 1990 users online

BB Cream - Too Faced - tinted Beauty Balm in Nude Glow

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by PattyM

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to Ulta initially to check out the IT Cosmetics CC Cream. I was on my own testing out shades and nothing suited my skin tone (between the medium and dark). Sales girl on floor recommended Too Faced Beauty Balm. I tested it, found my shade and wore it the rest of the day to see how it would hold up. Loved it! Lasted all day and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. My shade was in Nude. Definitely will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i compared this with my Origins BB cream and the Bobbi Brown BB cream....
the origins one is a great formula IMHO, but it does leave a very sheen-like finish (dewy, bordering on oily) AND the biggest problem is the color match issue. Shade 01, the lightest, is what I can wear, and i'm like...NC40 at least.
The rest are way red/orange, so Origins needs to work on that.

the Bobbi is similar in shade issues (as origins) and also the finish isn't that great. I'd rather use the TM from her line, which leaves a dewier finish.

Too Faced:
shades are so nice, I found my match in the darkest shade (Nude Glow)
the luminosity is something i love (very fine shimmer that looks like "dew" not glitter).....but that may be something that you dislike.

It leaves a dewy finish and that can = an "oily" appearance if your skin runs particularly on the oily side.
I feel like now, at 39, I love having that bit of sheen, but as a teen or in my 20s, it was ALL about the matte, non-oil appearance. Part of that was the 90s in general, LOL.

Another thing, I'm not too sure about breakouts or how it affects skin long term. I wore a full face of it for about 10 hours or so, and i purchased it that day. (I work in a store that sells it). I didn't see any obvious issues that caused a problem, but again, I love that dewy finish and it does have a bit of glow to it.
Giant sparkles? no! Little dewy glow? yes.
End of day, my skin was oily, but that is how it always is!

Overall, BB creams seem so oddly one-shaded, and filled with issues on the finish (dewy vs. not, etc). I love this one and promise to edit my review if anything goes wrong. :D