September 15, 2014 | 905 users online

Eyes - Mary Kay - Copper Beach shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A family member recently became a Mary Kay rep, and I bought a bunch of products. This is one happy surprise from that haul. Thanks to MUA folk on boards and p'ville for helping me select some of MK's better items.

I love this color. It is perfect against fair skin with warm undertones. Others have described it well already; a lightly coppered beige. I often wear light pink as a base, but this works so much better with my skin tone. It cancels out the redness/ purple on my lids. It adds a very subtle tawny color that brings out the green in my eyes, and makes me look well-rested. Very my-lids-but-better. Another reviewer felt this wasn't a remarkable color, but it is to me. I haven't ever found a shadow that matches my PPP lids better. Either they are too chalky, too dark, or too pink/ red/ purple/etc. This lasted all day on me with minor creasing (but I have oily lids thanks to sunscreen). I don't love the minimal plastic MK packaging (and I didn't buy the compact ), but I still think $6.50 is a fair price. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

i liked this color, but it irritated my eyes, back it went

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2004 12:52:00 AM More reviews by kyasha

OK neutral copper with gold shimmer. Nothing special. I use it over my lid for a neutral everyday look. It also complements other e/s by serving as a browbone highlighter and bringing light to the inner corners of the eyes. Good lasting power. Its case is difficult; if you didn't buy this in a palette, be careful about dropping it! Although I like some Mary Kay products, I am switching to Kevyn Aucoin. Much better staying power, no creases, high quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2004 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Copper Beach. It is just a tiny bit darker (if I'm not mistaken) than Spun Silk, another MK shadow. I actually like it better than the Spun Silk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 10:35:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful neutral beigey base color with shimmer. If I am out of Spun Silk, I use this. A staple for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2002 5:52:00 PM More reviews by I_Lightuparoom

This e/s is a light tan-coppery color w/ lots of shimmer. Its perfect for a natural look. Its My Eyelid but better e/s. A must buy!