October 30, 2014 | 1563 users online

Treatments (Face) - City Cosmetics - City Lights

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Willalovesmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another awesome city product. I have been using this product religiously for the past 2 months and it has evened out my skin. Don't give up this product takes a little time to kick in but once it does you will love the result.

WLM

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by bradfordnat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is so amazing! It really does make your skin glow! After you apply it after like ten minutes your skin is brighter, more healthy looking, and all over the same color. I have red patches which is a very self conscious skin condition and this helps immensely to make my skin the same color and calm the redness down. Best product I have ever used for my complexion!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ranaedaniel

It makes my skin glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Linniem

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

CITY COSMETICS DARK SPOT CORRECTOR. After reading the reviews from Consumer Reports, I decided to try this treatment for dark spots on my face. I received my product on Saturday, March 15, 2014. I began to use it as directed right away. Today is Tuesday and I am already noticing dramatic results in fading these ugly spots. It only takes a tiny dab of this to do the job. I have experienced NO tingling, itching or burning. I have used other treatments before only to be disappointed at the results. THIS PRODUCT WORKS!! I am delighted! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been trying to make this work for me because it was expensive. I don't like the consistency. It does not melt into the skin but just sits there for a long while. But the big problem for me is that it made my eyes water, itch, burn and the lids...upper and lower...turn red almost within seconds of applying. Please note: I only applied a tiny bit of the cream on my lower orbital bone which, in my face, is quite a ways from my actual eye. I did not put the cream on my upper lids nor in the outer corner of my eye. I have used a lot of eye creams all of my life and some worked well, some did nothing...but never have I had such an awful reaction. I looked at the ingredients carefully and there are a lot of ingredients. Many I recognized from other products that I use or have used. Some of the ingredients...well, I have no idea what they are or why they are in there. Less is more in my opinion. I obviously had some kind of an allergic reaction to something in that cream. It was not on my face long enough to travel before I got that almost instant bad reaction. I cleaned my face thoroughly but some of the symptoms persisted for 24 hours. I tried it again, and then I tried it yet again...on a bare face with no other products whatsoever on. Same thing. Beware.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by tralalaladeeda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WARNING. Some of these reviews here seem to be very clever fakes. I have not read very good reviews about this product online (see Amazon), and my mother fell for their skin lightening product and asked me to look into it for her. She tried the product and wasn't impressed.

First of all, they are ranked "#1" by a company that can't even come up with a grammatically correct name (Consumers Guides ??). Also, they are reviewed at some questionable blogs.

Secondly, "Consumers Guides" seems like a sham company dreamed up by City Lights themselves to "rate" themselves highly. Who are they? They are NOT Consumer Reports. There's even a RIPOFF REPORT about "Consumers Guides." It's very common and easy for companies to create fake reviewing entities or ask questionable entities to rate them (for a fee).

Thirdly, you can tell they thought long and hard about making "believable" ratings here and other places, which is scarier than just doing obvious postings. Their product must not work very well, or they wouldn't have to resort to this.

Yes, they were clever enough not to post positive ratings all in one day since that would be too obvious, so they posted two in August, and about one a month since then. Also, they were smart enough to make sure that the personas seemed "real", so they made sure that the personas also posted on OTHER products (and, surprise, surprise, some were NEGATIVE reviews about other skin products). However, that's where they got sloppy--who goes in and posts multiple reviews on half a dozen to a dozen other products all in one day but never since then? Two of the reviewers also posted on the same day.

(BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the above is deleted or changed or added to after I post this, so if what I'm saying doesn't jive with what you see in the other reviews, it's probably because they were altered).

Sirenstar did 3 reviews, and though she did wait one month between postings, TWO out of the three products reviewed are positive reviews for City Lights and one is a NEGATIVE review of another skin care product.

Beansidhe1 may be a real person and if she liked the product, great.

NancyChance went wild and wrote 10 reviews on 8/22 and one on 8/23 (the last one was on City Lights). This seems like an attempt to create a "real person" before reviewing City Lights. She has written nothing before or since.

Liz Morales was ALSO posting when Nancy Chance was, interestingly (on 8/22), and she had four other reviews on just that day (never before or since), AND, most interestingly, she had a NEGATIVE review of another skin lightening product and a positive one of City Lights.

I haven't posted before now, either, but that's because I'm just getting into using this site and have not been a beauty product junkie until now. My hair was breaking off, so I recently learned about Aphogee, Joico K-pak, and various other hair products from this site. I haven't used the products long enough to post reviews, and I've just been too busy, frankly. This is my Christmas break, though, and my mom is visiting from out of state and she asked me to look into "City Lights" skin lightening cream. So, here I am. I have no proof other than my own intelligence and savvy with regard to online reviews. It's just really suspicious and highly unethical that a company would advertise that they are ranked "#1" by a very questionable organization and that their positive reviews and multiple other reviews would all be within a narrow time frame. Worst of all, they seem to be posting negative reviews of other products. Very clever, City Lights. However, I didn't fall for it, and I hope that other consumers won't fall for it, either. I LOVE Makeup Alley, but it's important to make sure there are LOTS of reviews before you believe any of them. It's easy for a company to come in and create 5, 10, or 20 fake ones. Usually, they won't do 100-200 reviews (!), and even if they did do, many negative reviews would also be sprinkled throughout.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by beansidhe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is creeping me out a bit. I initially stumbled across it on Consumer Guides. http://consumersguides.com/city-lights-review I then saw some before and after pictures that intrigued me. Since I got a substantial discount through Consumer Guides, I decided to give it a shot. I have a bit of melasma on my forehead by my temple that really bothered me. I am very fair skinned so it was really noticeable. I applied a very little bit to my entire face every evening as per instructions.

It's only been 10 days and my melasma is nearly gone! It's really weird. I expected to use this for at least 3 months to see any results. My whole face has a more even skin tone. I did get a few pimples while using this--but I am not 100% sure it was from the product. I have kind of blemishy skin anyway. I am also putting it on the permanent v neck tan on my chest and it's lightening that up, too. I am not certain what it will do to darker complexions, but on mine it is doing just what it says it should.

Yeah, $72 is expensive. But it really isn't anymore expensive than any other products of it's ilk. All of this stuff, even drugstore brands, cost a bit of money. I will say a little goes a long way so the jar will last you a long time. I would think you could use it on hands, arms, legs, whatever. Consumer Guides says it is one of the safer products out there, as other skin brightening creams contain ingredients that are banned outside the US.

***EDITED IN RESPONSE TO tralalaladeeda's REVIEW. I most certainly DID use the product, am NOT a fake, and found it to work great. I don't know who she is, but her profile is, in my opnion, the most highly suspect of all. One review, no postings, no swap tokens, in over 6 months of belonging to Makeup Alley. And we're the potential fakers? lol I don't think there is a product out there that is right for 100% of the population. Just because it worked for me and not for you doesn't make my opinion any less viable.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by corvettesue322

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried City Face after trying a very expensive product for a month with no results. I really wasn't expecting much. I figured I am old, they didn't have great products as I was growing up and I was just going to have to live with discolored areas and wrinkles. Well I was wrong. I have been using City Face for about three weeks and I have seen a huge difference in my skin. My discolored areas are fading a lot. My wrinkles are much less noticeable. My skin has a better texture. The pores on my nose are smaller. I use it under my regular moisturizer morning and night. The texture of the cream is nice and it soaks in without being greasy. It has a slight fragrance that is really nice and fresh. This sounds weird but some mornings I wake up and I feel like I look a lot younger than I did a few weeks ago. The real test will happen when I see my girlfriends this weekend and see if they notice the difference. I am also using City Lights Eye Cream and am also pleased as punch. They have a money back guarantee so there is nothing to lose except your wrinkles!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by NancyChance

City Lights thank you! I have these discolorations on my legs from tanning too much and City Lights has been fantastic at lightening up my freckles and fading my dark spots. It's really smooth and not greasy at all. It smells kind of light and citrusy. But above all, it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lizmorales

City Lights has become my HG. Like the other reviewer, I've used the Garnier skin lightener and didn't get much in the way of results, but City Lights has been a godsend. I've got a birthmark on my side that always bothered me whenever I wore a bikini and I've been using City Lights on it for over a month now and it's much less noticeable than before. It is great for evening out the overall skin tone.