August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Top/Base Coats - Zoya - Gilty

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Gilty. I got it for an xmas present in the set with raven and purity.I had also scored OPI's man with the golden gun but the packaging on that one is too pretty soo I haven't opened it.
I had great coverage using this. I did two coats on sparser nails but this is just so beautiful and so awesome during the holidays

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Surprised that there are no reviews of this yet!

"Gilty" is a topcoat by Zoya comprising of a clear polish and flakes of 18k gold leaf - it's comparable to OPI's "Man with the Golden Gun"...
I'd been eyeing it up for some time before I found it for cheaper on ebay. As far as I know, "Gilty" is a limited edition topcoat sold in a box with Zoya's "Raven" and "Purity", but I was lucky enough to be able to find it on it's own.

As far as the polish is concerned, it is a pretty solid topcoat and the flecks of gold leaf are absolutely gorgeous. Application is somewhat difficult as you almost need to scoop the gold up onto the brush and place on the nail before brushing the coat entirely over the nail. The drawback I found was that I had to apply 3 coats before I got the effect I wanted (hence why I took a lippie off). I'll see if practicing the application can remedy this because I'd prefer not to apply so many coats. The polish however is very strong and does smooth out wonderfully, and I had no problems with bumpiness, tackiness, or messiness in application.

Packaging is Zoya's standard bottle, and the brush is effective - nothing special but gets the job done just fine. I found mine for a reasonable price via ebay - the set with "Raven" and "Purity" seems to run about £30, but I was able to find it alone for £13.

As I mentioned "Gilty" is very similar to OPI's "Man with the Golden Gun" and from comparisons I've read on beauty blogs etc. the differences are that "Gilty" has slightly larger gold leaf flakes, and "Man with the Golden Gun" is more expensive (Zoya is £30 for the set of 3, OPI is £30 for the one bottle alone).

I can't see myself running out of this anytime soon, but if I did, I think I would repurchase - it is such a unique and luxurious polish and you can get some beautiful "rococo" effects over a light green, blue, or pink. I feel like a princess when I wear it, and gotten quite a few compliments - definitely recommend if you're after something a little bit different!