November 21, 2014 | 1739 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - The natural shadow Palette

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by diagsquirrel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

SUPER disappointed in this product. I was expecting it to be a good dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palettes but it couldn't even match up to other drugstore eyeshadows. The shadows were chalky and I had to work really hard to get any color to pay off. It was a dusty mess and there was so much fallout it was impossible to work with. Just don't bother with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Natural = bare, no makeup. These are not the most pigmented shadows out there, but still can be beautiful. The thing is, these are " natural " shadows supposed to enhance your natural eyes. This pallet is not labeled "BAM!"
Your eyeshadow is not going to be
"Poppin" it's going to be sweet and au natural. I thinks it's lovely their soft and blendable. For me natural beauty is best so this is right up my alley. I paid 4.50 with my ulta rewards points so I'm not mad at that. I paid $11 bucks for maybelline the nudes and there on the hard side, not as blendable, and they are indeed lacking in pigmentation. Just because a shadow doesn't look obvious, doesn't mean your going to look ugly .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This palette is a fun take on the natural look.
The colors offered all complement each other well. They blend together nicely, offering decent pigmentation without being messy.
These colors are very gentle, providing ample ability to create a soft natural look, which is great for when you want to fool people regarding how much makeup you're wearing. The peach color on this palette is especially useful for this purpose.
The dark smokey color and the rather taupe brown can be used to create a look with more definition if desired. This makes it easy if you are transitioning from a light-day look to a deeper-evening look.
The slim package makes it more portable than some other clunkier palettes. For an investment a little over five or six dollars, it is a good buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by yjm1201

I did not expect much from the packaging when it came to this cheap palette, but it is decent for its price. In all honestly, you get what you ask for when it comes to this 8 dollar palette: horribly pigmentation and fall out. I do NOT recommend this palette to anyone, for the only colour that is really pigmented is the brownish-black colour on the far right. I repeat DO NOT GET THIS PALETTE. If you are going to get eye shadows from NYX, I highly recommend the single panned ones. They are great dupes for MAC eye shadows!
I really..."dislike" this palette

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by KittyBooBoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great palette for those times when you feel like lying to your boyfriend about how much makeup you aren't wearing!
I really wanted to like this palette, but it just doesn't do it for me. The colors are great, they just don't show up on your skin! By the time I had applied enough to sort of see them, I looked very powdery. The darkest color and the shimmery color are the only ones that show up. For $7 bucks it should have been a really great palette, but there just isn't enough pigment in most of the colors.
I will probably just use this set when I am going to see my boyfriend and want to pretend I'm not wearing any makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by BahattA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is a very nice palette. I bought it for everyday use and the colors are very nicely suited for my extra fair skin. It does not have many looks available but it is very useful with other, darker and more colorful, eyeshadows. Very basic, very useful and I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like many others, I thought this might be a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked matte palette. For $7.99 at CVS I thought it was worth a try. Keep in mind I have not tried Urban Decay's version. I realize their shades are all matte. The only real mattes I HAVE tried are from Mary Kay, which I quite like. They were fairly buttery, very pigmented, without too much chalkiness.

The NYX Natural Palette has a few shadows that look matte and a few that look like they will be shimmery. The mattes are definitely matte, but the ones that look like they'll be shimmery, turn out to be a very nice soft satin or semi-matte. I quite like the subtle sheen of these in addition to the classic mattes in the palette. The sheen is very natural and subtle! Nothing even close to metallic or shimmery!

Chalkiness with these is about like the MK mattes I have tried, minimal but still apparent. As for the pigmentation, I find these middle of the road, but they do seem to build easily and blend easily, which makes up for that.

Over all, this palette really will assist in achieving a neutral and natural look. I love it. And am happy enough with it that I don't feel the need to spend big bucks on Urban Decay's matte palette. I actually like having the few semi-matte subtle satin shades to bring light to the eye area without looking metallic or shimmery. The level of pigmentation these offer is also very conducive to getting a natural look. You can mix the shades, build and blend, or apply just a sheer layer. Over all, very versatile and perfect for a natural look! No-makeup makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by littlemissash133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at my local Meijer for $8, thinking that it was a cheaper dupe for the NAKED pallete. I was wrong. ): The colors look beautiful in the package. Unfortanetly, you can't see any color on your skin. There is barely any pigmentation in these shadows, even with eye shadow primer underneath. Save your money and buy the actual NAKED pallete.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by tan0088

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't bother with this one, there is zero pigmentation.
I tried it with an eye shadow base and still nothing, except for the darkest shade, all the other are invisible.
completely useless.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Garbage!! No, this is not a naked dupe, at 6 bucks it's not a bargain because it's actually a waste of money. They is very little pigment. The colors are dull and you have to continuously apply just to get a hint of color. The shadows are hard and feel dry. Not even my wonderful lorac shadow primer could help, that's cray cray! This was my first NYX purchase and it has left me with a bad taste. :/