NYX The Natural Shadow Palette

2.9

on 7/5/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

AVOID THIS WASTE OF MONEY!!! One of the worst eye shadow palettes ever. Super chalky, not pigmented, and deceiving. I tried to apply the eye shadows and almost nothing appeared on my lids. Stay away from NYX palettes. I would expect more since the NYX single eyeshadows are amazing.

on 7/4/2015 2:44:00 PM

Im still new to makeup so im unsure what to compare this to but from my experience i really love this palette. As long as you have a good primer this eye shadow doesnt fade, have fallout all over your face and its pretty pigmented.The only thing i can say about this is that its super powdery when you try to pick up the product and i feel a lot can go to waste if you dont try to pick up all the left over powder with your brush. Over all i really like this and i would suggest using semi decent brushes with this since it makes a huge difference when applying.

on 6/1/2015 2:37:00 PM

picked this up today from cvs on a whim because if i have one skill in my life, it's that i'm great at wasting money. i've heard a lot of positive things about nyx eyeshadows and i'm in the market for a new neutral palette, so i figured why not!

i am so dumb!

the color payoff just isn't there. i just negatively reviewed a wnw neutral palette for the same issues, and it turns out that it actually performed better for cheaper than this nyx palette. each color is chalky and sheer, doesn't apply evenly, tugs really badly at the skin, and won't blend at all. (by the time you get it to blend in properly, assuming you haven't rubbed your eyelids raw, the color's just...gone. it's a sheer wash at that point.)

its big positive is that there's very little fallout, but if the end result is basically no color on your eyes, then not wearing eyeshadow at all also results in very little fallout.

i usually don't return cosmetics because i can almost always find a use for even the bad products, but i can't think of a single positive reason to keep this. back to cvs it goes.

on 5/6/2015 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

this product is the reason i no longer buy makeup products on a whim. it was super cheap but the quality is .... extremely dissapointing. super chalky. barely any pigmentation on any of the colors except the darkest brown. priming my eyelids does not make any real difference with these eyeshadows. i love nyx but this is definitely not a good product. i really wish i had done some research before buying. :/

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The only eyeshadow I really ever do is a natural look (crazy colors do not flatter me), so when I saw this palette, I had to buy it. I got mine from Target for $8-something, and although that's more than I'd usually pay for powder that goes on my eyes (I'm an 18-year-old that's really cheap, okay?), I decided to splurge and try it out. The palette is packaged nicely for the price, and it has six colors/shades: a matte, fair skin tone; a glittery gold/champagne; an orange-y peach; a medium tan; a darker taupe; and an earth brown. If I have a few extra minutes, I'll use all six colors. But if I'm in a rush or feeling lazy, I'll just use the last three.

When I apply this shadow, I first prime my eyes, then use a normal shadow brush (not the applicator that comes with it) to apply it. The first color (fair) is noticeably lighter than my skin tone, so it's good for all over the lid, so I use that one first. (If you have naturally fair skin, though, this one might not do a whole lot.) Second, I usually take the fourth (medium tan) and apply that to the outer two-thirds of my lid. Then I take the third color (orange-y peach) and work it into my crease, followed by the fifth (darker taupe) that I also put in my crease. I then use the last shade (earth brown) and put it on the outer corners. If I want more of a smokey look, I'll work that one a little farther into my crease. But as an everyday look, I keep it pretty minimal. I usually don't use the glitter (because glitter doesn't look great on me), but when I do, I put it in my inner corners.

In general, all the colors are a little more on the chalky side, but priming my eyelids first helps them stay on all day. The last and darkest shade was more pigmented than I thought, though, so I use very little of it. The only one I'm not too crazy about is the glitter. Glitter isn't really my thing, and it's pretty flaky; even with primer, it doesn't tend to stay on. But if I'm just looking for the slightest shimmer, it can work in the inner corner or even the crease (if applied on top of the darker colors). The lightest shade works well for lightening any of the darker colors, and the two darkest colors really bring out my eyes if used in the crease/outer corner. Although these aren't the most pigmented shadows, the palette was $8.00, and for that price, it's a good palette. I'd definitely repurchase, and I'm actually going to buy the NYX Sex Bomb palette (same concept as this one but with different shades) for my prom makeup.

on 11/17/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

SUPER disappointed in this product. I was expecting it to be a good dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palettes but it couldn't even match up to other drugstore eyeshadows. The shadows were chalky and I had to work really hard to get any color to pay off. It was a dusty mess and there was so much fallout it was impossible to work with. Just don't bother with this one.

on 8/5/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Natural = bare, no makeup. These are not the most pigmented shadows out there, but still can be beautiful. The thing is, these are " natural " shadows supposed to enhance your natural eyes. This pallet is not labeled "BAM!"
Your eyeshadow is not going to be
"Poppin" it's going to be sweet and au natural. I thinks it's lovely their soft and blendable. For me natural beauty is best so this is right up my alley. I paid 4.50 with my ulta rewards points so I'm not mad at that. I paid $11 bucks for maybelline the nudes and there on the hard side, not as blendable, and they are indeed lacking in pigmentation. Just because a shadow doesn't look obvious, doesn't mean your going to look ugly .

on 7/16/2014 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This palette is a fun take on the natural look.
The colors offered all complement each other well. They blend together nicely, offering decent pigmentation without being messy.
These colors are very gentle, providing ample ability to create a soft natural look, which is great for when you want to fool people regarding how much makeup you're wearing. The peach color on this palette is especially useful for this purpose.
The dark smokey color and the rather taupe brown can be used to create a look with more definition if desired. This makes it easy if you are transitioning from a light-day look to a deeper-evening look.
The slim package makes it more portable than some other clunkier palettes. For an investment a little over five or six dollars, it is a good buy.

on 6/20/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I did not expect much from the packaging when it came to this cheap palette, but it is decent for its price. In all honestly, you get what you ask for when it comes to this 8 dollar palette: horribly pigmentation and fall out. I do NOT recommend this palette to anyone, for the only colour that is really pigmented is the brownish-black colour on the far right. I repeat DO NOT GET THIS PALETTE. If you are going to get eye shadows from NYX, I highly recommend the single panned ones. They are great dupes for MAC eye shadows!
I really..."dislike" this palette

on 5/23/2014 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great palette for those times when you feel like lying to your boyfriend about how much makeup you aren't wearing!
I really wanted to like this palette, but it just doesn't do it for me. The colors are great, they just don't show up on your skin! By the time I had applied enough to sort of see them, I looked very powdery. The darkest color and the shimmery color are the only ones that show up. For $7 bucks it should have been a really great palette, but there just isn't enough pigment in most of the colors.
I will probably just use this set when I am going to see my boyfriend and want to pretend I'm not wearing any makeup.