September 3, 2014 | 1531 users online

Highlighters - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals Well-Rested Face & Eye Brightener

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this. It came in a kit I bought and I used it since I had it. Brightened up my under eyes nicely to make me look more awake. Miss this product now that I've run out but not planning to rebut as it's not necessary to me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I was excited to try this as many people like the well rested powder, which I find a bit light for me. This was not any better. In fact it was too sheer for my under-eye and also looked unnatural. I am not a fan of any of the Bare Escentuals and I think this will be my last product I try from them. I always keep trying it expecting something new to happen but they are always a fail and an expensive one at that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Does slightly brighten and lighten.

CONS: Too see-through/watery and not opaque enough for me. Also a little too much shimmer for my aging skin.

ALTERNATES: A concealer slightly lighter than your skin. For this, I really like MAC's mineralize type concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Pretty similar to Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener. Both brighten up the under eye area. It doesn't fully conceal everything I've got but it's good enough for a quick daily look.

I wouldn't call this a primer and wouldn't use it as one FYI. I probably won't be rebuying this as I have an under eye concealer now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is kind of a useless product that I forget I have, but occasionally see floating around in my make up drawer and I think, "oh, yeah, I should use that up." I bought it to use as an eye highlighter, in the corners and on the brow.
First, it's a liquid in a type of container I hate. It's a tube with a capped applicator at one end and the means of advancing the product at the other end. The applicator is a brush, and when you turn the end of the tube, eventually, long after you've started thinking you have a dud, a blob of product appears on the brush. I really dislike applicators that are stored in a product. They seem like breeding grounds for bacteria. Turning the end requires two hands, which is irritating: you have to stop mid-application to advance more product. There are better designs.
The liquid consistency is thin to medium, but the product is very sheer, with some shimmer. Putting it on my dark circles does not make me look well rested, it makes me look like I have shimmery dark circles. It's barely visible in my eye corners, and does not last below my brows or on my cheeks.
It's too expensive for something that doesn't do much. No, I won't buy it again.