November 26, 2014 | 1921 users online

Eyeliner - Marc Jacobs - Magic Marc'er Precision Pen

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by mozollalla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would recommend this to girls who have oily skin. First off apply makeup base or primer to your eyelids. This step is important if u have super oily lids. I'm using ettusais uv block base as my eye primer and it has been my fav and it controls the oil really well! I started applying my eyeliner at 8am and when I checked in the mirror at 5pm it still looked perfect! Unlike other eyeliners that I have used this one did not smudge as I thot it would since my eyelids are super oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Cellosister

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try out liquid liner about a year ago. Gel liners were a disaster, smearing and fading very easily on my oily double lids and requiring more skill than I had at my disposal. Cheaper liquid liners with brush application were easier to wear but few were durable enough to withstand a day at the office. This pen has really done the trick. Application is easy, it's self-inking and it is present when I get home from work. It can get a little flaky if you trying to layer the application and taking it off requires more than one swipe with a good remover, but anything that can hold up for 8 hours gets my vote.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i used to never wear liquid liner because thick lines look terrible on my eyes and that's all i was able to achieve with most pens. this one is indeed very precise, gives me a great thin line, and very easy to hold/use. i can finally use liquid liner to finish up my eye makeup look or just go out with liner and mascara. also has a very dark black color which i love. my eyelids are super oily so if i don't wear primer it smudges, but no biggie. i love that it stays on and removes very easily. it was an impulse buy but i'm glad i bought it. just bought my second tube after almost a year of using the first one. it's worth the $30 to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by janiebabyyyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hello! So I have no idea why this eyeliner doesn't have an AWESOME review.
Let me tell you.. I have been wearing eyeliner for 10 years . (Wow that is a long time)
I tried ALL different kinds (both drugstore AND high-end) and I must say that this eyeliner and the Stila eyeliner is my HOLYYY GRAIL.

my lids: OILY , SINGLE eyelids aka monolids.
almost every eyeliner would smudge but this one NEVER does.

EASILY removed with makeup remover.

GLIDES on and I always have perfect, smooth eyeliner.
People always stare at my eyeliner and ask where I get it from. I think it made at least 10 people purchase it and I also have a youtube channel.

If you are curious on how it looks and how it glides on with one stroke.. you can check out my video :) skip to 4:15 to see the eyeliner part :D <3

yay they allow youtube videos so it's easier to show than write :D

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Snugsack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly was not impressed with this product. I have many Marc Jacobs products which I love but this one...sadly did not love. I bought this product on impulse when I went to LA and saw this in the liquid pens section in Sephora. Reasons were when I tried it out on my hand it seemed good at the time and I was very drawn to the packaging and weight of the pen. It also does have a very dark black swatch.

However...
Precision Pen? Really? Cause then I think the brush needs major changing...when I draw it on my eyelids, most of the time I don't get a smooth line. (I've realized now the Japanese calligraphy brushes for these sort of liquid pens are much better if you want real precision and smooth lines.)

As for the ink itself, I need to put some sort of powder on my eyelids or eyeshadow otherwise this thing will transfer right above my eyelids throughout the day! I DO NOT want to where eyeshadow everyday because of one product. It is also super hard to remove the stain above your eyelid if you don't have remover with you...

In addition, the ink is bizarrely sticky. I have double eyelids, but they are smaller than the norm so when I blink it feels so weird! Feels like there's glue on my eyelids and then I can't close them without feeling my eyelids stick together...I imagine if you have super deepest eyes you won't have this problem unless you draw a really thick cat eye. But honestly a good high end eyeliner would not limit how you want to use it.

I really do not know what to do with this product except use it if I'm going to go for dark eyeshadow and then correct the changes with a calligraphy liquid liner. As for now, it remains untouched after the countless days people have pointed out the fact that the eyeliner has transferred above my eyelids.

Packaging gets 5 stars from me because it lured me in really well, heavy in your hands and looks beautiful to be honest. Price gets 2 stars because the product was very disappointing for the price I paid.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by lizzieL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

waterproof but doesn't stay on oily lids. i will stick to my MAC liquidlast and won't be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Wendcoff

This liquid eyeliner stays on all day. Oily skin will not break it down. It is the best liquid liner that I have ever used (tried LancĂ´me, loreal, make up forever, maybelline in the pot). Regular pencil liners do not last on me, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

It's true; swatch this liner against any other in Sephora and you'll see that this is the blackest, most opaque stuff out there. Not only is the Marc Jacobs pen liner loaded with a smudge-proof, flake-proof, all day wear formula, but it is also extremely easy to use. The consistency isn't too watery (like the Kat Von D liner) and you don't have to retrace your line. It does have a bit of a sheen but it's not as shiny as many of the liquid liners on the market. This eyeliner is a little difficult to remove. I use olive oil to remove my makeup and usually liner comes right off but this one took a little extra work, which is essentially a good thing as it can wear well over 10 hours. I knock one lippie off because, well, $30 for a product one will undoubtedly reach for on a daily basis is a little much. But if you're willing to splurge, this is a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Ruby_Red

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite eyeliner of all time (and as an ex-goth, believe me, I've tested my fair share!)

It's such a super pigmented, opaque black. It's got a subtle sheen to it that makes it look so deep and intense. I swatched it against at least a dozen other liners, and this was by far the darkest, blackest liner of the bunch.
The packaging is lovely; it looks luxe and sleek, and it feels good in your hand. The felt tip pen is super easy to use, but it's still very precise.
And it wears like iron, even when I forget I'm wearing makeup and rub my eyes, like a dummy.

I love love love this stuff, and will buy it over and over again. Definitely a HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by bluemoose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a very good liquid eyeliner. That being said, it wasn't the easiest to apply (wasn't hard either, but there are better ones), didn't have the most amazing lasting power (still good looking by the end of day, but upon closer inspection, parts would have flaked off) and definely isn't afforable by any means. The pen is aesthetically pleasing but I find that it lacks some heft and feels like in my hand considering the design (it looks to me like its supposed to look a bit more...weighty....but that could be just me). I find it comparible to Stila liquid eyeliner, i might like stila's verisoj more...and cheaper (a bit) too. I definitely won't be repurchasing.