August 2, 2014 | 1570 users online

Eyeliner - Marc Jacobs - Magic Marc'er Precision Pen

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by janiebabyyyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hello! So I have no idea why this eyeliner doesn't have an AWESOME review.
Let me tell you.. I have been wearing eyeliner for 10 years . (Wow that is a long time)
I tried ALL different kinds (both drugstore AND high-end) and I must say that this eyeliner and the Stila eyeliner is my HOLYYY GRAIL.

my lids: OILY , SINGLE eyelids aka monolids.
almost every eyeliner would smudge but this one NEVER does.

EASILY removed with makeup remover.

GLIDES on and I always have perfect, smooth eyeliner.
People always stare at my eyeliner and ask where I get it from. I think it made at least 10 people purchase it and I also have a youtube channel.

If you are curious on how it looks and how it glides on with one stroke.. you can check out my video :) skip to 4:15 to see the eyeliner part :D <3

yay they allow youtube videos so it's easier to show than write :D

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Snugsack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly was not impressed with this product. I have many Marc Jacobs products which I love but this one...sadly did not love. I bought this product on impulse when I went to LA and saw this in the liquid pens section in Sephora. Reasons were when I tried it out on my hand it seemed good at the time and I was very drawn to the packaging and weight of the pen. It also does have a very dark black swatch.

However...
Precision Pen? Really? Cause then I think the brush needs major changing...when I draw it on my eyelids, most of the time I don't get a smooth line. (I've realized now the Japanese calligraphy brushes for these sort of liquid pens are much better if you want real precision and smooth lines.)

As for the ink itself, I need to put some sort of powder on my eyelids or eyeshadow otherwise this thing will transfer right above my eyelids throughout the day! I DO NOT want to where eyeshadow everyday because of one product. It is also super hard to remove the stain above your eyelid if you don't have remover with you...

In addition, the ink is bizarrely sticky. I have double eyelids, but they are smaller than the norm so when I blink it feels so weird! Feels like there's glue on my eyelids and then I can't close them without feeling my eyelids stick together...I imagine if you have super deepest eyes you won't have this problem unless you draw a really thick cat eye. But honestly a good high end eyeliner would not limit how you want to use it.

I really do not know what to do with this product except use it if I'm going to go for dark eyeshadow and then correct the changes with a calligraphy liquid liner. As for now, it remains untouched after the countless days people have pointed out the fact that the eyeliner has transferred above my eyelids.

Packaging gets 5 stars from me because it lured me in really well, heavy in your hands and looks beautiful to be honest. Price gets 2 stars because the product was very disappointing for the price I paid.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by lizzieL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

waterproof but doesn't stay on oily lids. i will stick to my MAC liquidlast and won't be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Wendcoff

This liquid eyeliner stays on all day. Oily skin will not break it down. It is the best liquid liner that I have ever used (tried LancĂ´me, loreal, make up forever, maybelline in the pot). Regular pencil liners do not last on me, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

It's true; swatch this liner against any other in Sephora and you'll see that this is the blackest, most opaque stuff out there. Not only is the Marc Jacobs pen liner loaded with a smudge-proof, flake-proof, all day wear formula, but it is also extremely easy to use. The consistency isn't too watery (like the Kat Von D liner) and you don't have to retrace your line. It does have a bit of a sheen but it's not as shiny as many of the liquid liners on the market. This eyeliner is a little difficult to remove. I use olive oil to remove my makeup and usually liner comes right off but this one took a little extra work, which is essentially a good thing as it can wear well over 10 hours. I knock one lippie off because, well, $30 for a product one will undoubtedly reach for on a daily basis is a little much. But if you're willing to splurge, this is a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Ruby_Red

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite eyeliner of all time (and as an ex-goth, believe me, I've tested my fair share!)

It's such a super pigmented, opaque black. It's got a subtle sheen to it that makes it look so deep and intense. I swatched it against at least a dozen other liners, and this was by far the darkest, blackest liner of the bunch.
The packaging is lovely; it looks luxe and sleek, and it feels good in your hand. The felt tip pen is super easy to use, but it's still very precise.
And it wears like iron, even when I forget I'm wearing makeup and rub my eyes, like a dummy.

I love love love this stuff, and will buy it over and over again. Definitely a HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by bluemoose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a very good liquid eyeliner. That being said, it wasn't the easiest to apply (wasn't hard either, but there are better ones), didn't have the most amazing lasting power (still good looking by the end of day, but upon closer inspection, parts would have flaked off) and definely isn't afforable by any means. The pen is aesthetically pleasing but I find that it lacks some heft and feels like in my hand considering the design (it looks to me like its supposed to look a bit more...weighty....but that could be just me). I find it comparible to Stila liquid eyeliner, i might like stila's verisoj more...and cheaper (a bit) too. I definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by hc

pricey, i think there are better liners out there for the price.
i would recommend using primer, i've found that when i don't it flakes off. i usually apply liner and then curl my eyelashes (shu uemura right at the base of the lashes) however i found that when i don't use primer before hand, most of the liner tends to come off onto my eyelash curler, which i'm then forced to reapply thus ruining some of the curl. removing it is difficult because it crumbles, it tends to come off in blocks i.e. your winged liner tends to look like a dashed line when removing. furthermore, i find there are always little spots of liner all over my face after removing it.

with that being said however the packaging is wonderful, elegant and the cap closes tightly. furthermore the pigmentation is fantastic, super dark, quite shiny rather than matte. it is a felt tip brush with a super fine point however i've found that depending on how i hold the brush i can't get the tip to dispense the liquid so i usually rotate the pen until i find a side that does create a small enough line or i clean up my line with a q-tip. mine does appear to have some mild fraying, however it hasn't posed a problem because it's closer to the base of the brush.

previously my HG liquid eyeliner has been GOSH intense eyeliner pen which to me is more matte, drier consistency, and cheaper. where the marc jacobs pen is shiny, inkier consistency/colouring, and more expensive. i've been using this for about a month and so far i quite like it as far as shiny liquid eyeliner goes but i think i may stick to my GOSH pen for price and matte preference. though i would still repurchase the marc jacobs pen.

PROS: shiny dark pigmentation, packaging, staying power WITH PRIMER, easy to get a thin/thick line
CONS: price, removing, issues with it getting stuck to eyelash curler, fine tip doesn't always work

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Laurynyumi

I really wanted to like this product and for $30 bucks, I should have loved it! At first it worked great but now a couple months of using it the tip is completely frayed and makes really BIG and BULKY lines. It is pretty much unusable. If this product was cheaper I wouldn't be so disappointed but I could not spend another $30 dollars just for a month use of a product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Dessen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Marc Jacobs, but this eyeliner does not hit the mark with me. For the price of $30, I was expecting this to be amazing, what it is actually is mediocre. Pros: it's definitely a deep black, and I have not experienced any kind of fading throughout the day like the previous reviewer. The design is chic and the felt tip is foolproof- great for eyeliner novices. Now to the cons: I don't have much space between my lashline and crease so sometimes the liner will transfer over to my crease and it will start sticking together because of the tacky formula. If you ever used Wet n Wild's horrendous waterproof h20 liner, then you will know what I'm talking about. Because it's sticky, it's also pretty difficult to remove, the liner disintegrates into clumps. No other liner I've used does this. Bottom line, I won't recommend this for asian eyes or those with smaller lid space.