Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er Precision Pen

It's smooth, easy to manuveur and stays on.

on 4/29/2015 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This liner is really a disappointment. I love the gel pencil so I figured I'd try the other products in MJ's Blacquer color, and I'm a liquid liner junkie so I jumped on this when it came out. It's not that black, really, and the pen doesn't dispense nearly enough product. Which is weird, because it's a hugely fat pen that makes it hard to get the thin line it promises.

It skips a lot on me and I have to go over everything twice because the opacity and shine are just not up to par. It was pretty stingy with product when I first got it about 3 weeks ago, but now after about 6 or 7 uses it seems like it's drying up even more. For the price, I expected much better.

It lasts a long time on me, but not as long as Kat von D's Tattoo liner or Stila Stay All Day, so even that's mediocre.

on 1/14/2015 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Welll... I have mixed feelings about it.
I have oily eyelids therefore applying it without an eye primer... It will smudge.

However, if I were to use an eye primer, (Urban Decay Eye Potion Primer)
It stays on the whole day till I grab some makeup remover and painstakingly wash it off.
It seems to stay on stubbornly unless I apply some friction.
But that says a lot about it's staying power.
(Coming into contact with water does make it flake off. It's just certain parts of it seems to be so stubborn.)

I really like the pigmentation of the eyeliner; it's a really intense jet black, great for dramatic looks or neutral ones.

The applicator is pretty defined and sharp. As the name implies; precision.
It's really precise when you draw on your eyelids. Just take extra care when capping the lid back on, as it may fray the brush if you're not careful.

The only qualms I have is the application part. Upon applying it, I have to look at the mirror in a certain angle so that my eyelids which have the eyeliner on, don't touch other parts of my lid, and transfer onto it.

This gets annoying at times as I have to pause in that angle for awhile, while waiting for it to dry. While waiting, I'll try to apply my foundation powder to pass the time.

Overall, it's pretty decent. Go for it, if you don't have oily eyelids/have a good eye primer.

on 9/28/2014 9:17:00 AM

I would recommend this to girls who have oily skin. First off apply makeup base or primer to your eyelids. This step is important if u have super oily lids. I'm using ettusais uv block base as my eye primer and it has been my fav and it controls the oil really well! I started applying my eyeliner at 8am and when I checked in the mirror at 5pm it still looked perfect! Unlike other eyeliners that I have used this one did not smudge as I thot it would since my eyelids are super oily.

on 9/22/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try out liquid liner about a year ago. Gel liners were a disaster, smearing and fading very easily on my oily double lids and requiring more skill than I had at my disposal. Cheaper liquid liners with brush application were easier to wear but few were durable enough to withstand a day at the office. This pen has really done the trick. Application is easy, it's self-inking and it is present when I get home from work. It can get a little flaky if you trying to layer the application and taking it off requires more than one swipe with a good remover, but anything that can hold up for 8 hours gets my vote.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i used to never wear liquid liner because thick lines look terrible on my eyes and that's all i was able to achieve with most pens. this one is indeed very precise, gives me a great thin line, and very easy to hold/use. i can finally use liquid liner to finish up my eye makeup look or just go out with liner and mascara. also has a very dark black color which i love. my eyelids are super oily so if i don't wear primer it smudges, but no biggie. i love that it stays on and removes very easily. it was an impulse buy but i'm glad i bought it. just bought my second tube after almost a year of using the first one. it's worth the $30 to me.

on 4/25/2014 12:20:00 AM

Hello! So I have no idea why this eyeliner doesn't have an AWESOME review.
Let me tell you.. I have been wearing eyeliner for 10 years . (Wow that is a long time)
I tried ALL different kinds (both drugstore AND high-end) and I must say that this eyeliner and the Stila eyeliner is my HOLYYY GRAIL.

my lids: OILY , SINGLE eyelids aka monolids.
almost every eyeliner would smudge but this one NEVER does.

EASILY removed with makeup remover.

GLIDES on and I always have perfect, smooth eyeliner.
People always stare at my eyeliner and ask where I get it from. I think it made at least 10 people purchase it and I also have a youtube channel.

If you are curious on how it looks and how it glides on with one stroke.. you can check out my video :) skip to 4:15 to see the eyeliner part :D <3

yay they allow youtube videos so it's easier to show than write :D

on 4/22/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Honestly was not impressed with this product. I have many Marc Jacobs products which I love but this one...sadly did not love. I bought this product on impulse when I went to LA and saw this in the liquid pens section in Sephora. Reasons were when I tried it out on my hand it seemed good at the time and I was very drawn to the packaging and weight of the pen. It also does have a very dark black swatch.

However...
Precision Pen? Really? Cause then I think the brush needs major changing...when I draw it on my eyelids, most of the time I don't get a smooth line. (I've realized now the Japanese calligraphy brushes for these sort of liquid pens are much better if you want real precision and smooth lines.)

As for the ink itself, I need to put some sort of powder on my eyelids or eyeshadow otherwise this thing will transfer right above my eyelids throughout the day! I DO NOT want to where eyeshadow everyday because of one product. It is also super hard to remove the stain above your eyelid if you don't have remover with you...

In addition, the ink is bizarrely sticky. I have double eyelids, but they are smaller than the norm so when I blink it feels so weird! Feels like there's glue on my eyelids and then I can't close them without feeling my eyelids stick together...I imagine if you have super deepest eyes you won't have this problem unless you draw a really thick cat eye. But honestly a good high end eyeliner would not limit how you want to use it.

I really do not know what to do with this product except use it if I'm going to go for dark eyeshadow and then correct the changes with a calligraphy liquid liner. As for now, it remains untouched after the countless days people have pointed out the fact that the eyeliner has transferred above my eyelids.

Packaging gets 5 stars from me because it lured me in really well, heavy in your hands and looks beautiful to be honest. Price gets 2 stars because the product was very disappointing for the price I paid.

on 4/18/2014 4:54:00 AM

waterproof but doesn't stay on oily lids. i will stick to my MAC liquidlast and won't be buying this product again.

on 3/10/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin. Recently have gone back to this after getting some smudging with the Laura mercier cake liner. This leaves a wet look, but you can go over it with a matte shadow to tame that. It does not flake or break down on the skin the way many other liquid liners do (LancĂ´me, loreal, makeup forever). It lasts until you wash it off without transferring outside the application area. Love it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Everyday Korean Makeup Tutorial - GRWM makeup for asians KOREANLOVESBEAUTY by KoreanLovesBeauty