Lime Crime Glamour 101

4.2

on 2/12/2015 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

After debating whether to purchase this or not, I took the risk and I have no regrets! It's easy to apply, very pigmented and rich, and it's creamy and feels good on. I think it'd go well with any skin tone also.

Pros:
Easy to apply
Lasts for hours without reapplying, even drinking and eating and exercise
Beautiful colour

Cons:
It lasts for ages on your lips but leaves a mark quite easily on glasses/skin
It does bleed a little but takes some time and a good liner and concealer should fix this
A little pricey, but worth it in my opinion

on 4/20/2014 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a review for Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Glamour101. This is a vegan makeup product. I am rating it four lippies because the color is a deep fuschia and not a dark red as advertised on the website. It is too pink on me, but would work well on someone with a fair or pink based skin toned. I would not repurchase it because I want to try other vegan red lipsticks, but I would not disrecommend it. Also, it contains microcrystalline wax, a derivative of petroleum, I usually avoid petroleum products. Overall, it goes on well and is well pigmented and long lasting. The price is decent for such a product. It has an interesting vanilla scent which fades. I would have preferred unscented.

on 11/30/2013 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Gorgeous, sophisticated deep red - I get so many compliments on how this shade matches my NC25 skin.

I love the formula - creamy, non-drying, easy to build. It "travels" a little if you're not careful with your lipliner, and that's the only reason why I'm removing one lippie. Love it!

on 10/8/2013 9:20:00 PM

Its a tad costly, plus I've had several Limecrime lippies break, but that was before that brand got popular, maybe they fixed it.. but Ive just taken a lighter, melted the broken layer, sticked it on, put it in the fridge and its fine again..
This is a really good lipstick for photos, and I love how its a mix between bright red and a bit more deeper wine red. It can stain your teeth, but just blot it, and you'll be fine. This is also a product that goes well along with other lip products like balms, lip gloss and so on.

on 8/16/2013 12:29:00 AM

After reading other reviews for Lime Crime lipsticks, I was a little hesitant to buy this, but the colour looked so beautiful that I took the chance and bought a tube.

WOW am I glad I did!!! This is an absolutely stunning red / brown lipstick, though the picture from the site (attached above) shows it more as a winey / burgundy.

I had no problems applying this lipstick, one swipe was enough to leave a gorgeous opaque colour on my lips for day wear. Unlike other reviewers of Lime Crime lippies, I didn't find this drying at all, and with the use of NYC's Hero lip liner, there was no feathering at all.

I also found it rather long lasting ... only needed to reapply after 5 hours, which included 2 cups of coffee, a croissant, and then lunch - indian curry.

For $21 Singaporean dollars, would definitely repurchase, though I do wish they'd change the packaging as I find it a little to 'kiddie' for my liking, lol.

Popular Lipsticks