Lime Crime Glamour 101

on 2/12/2015 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

After debating whether to purchase this or not, I took the risk and I have no regrets! It's easy to apply, very pigmented and rich, and it's creamy and feels good on. I think it'd go well with any skin tone also.

Easy to apply
Lasts for hours without reapplying, even drinking and eating and exercise
Beautiful colour

It lasts for ages on your lips but leaves a mark quite easily on glasses/skin
It does bleed a little but takes some time and a good liner and concealer should fix this
A little pricey, but worth it in my opinion

on 4/20/2014 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a review for Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Glamour101. This is a vegan makeup product. I am rating it four lippies because the color is a deep fuschia and not a dark red as advertised on the website. It is too pink on me, but would work well on someone with a fair or pink based skin toned. I would not repurchase it because I want to try other vegan red lipsticks, but I would not disrecommend it. Also, it contains microcrystalline wax, a derivative of petroleum, I usually avoid petroleum products. Overall, it goes on well and is well pigmented and long lasting. The price is decent for such a product. It has an interesting vanilla scent which fades. I would have preferred unscented.

on 11/30/2013 11:58:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Gorgeous, sophisticated deep red - I get so many compliments on how this shade matches my NC25 skin.

I love the formula - creamy, non-drying, easy to build. It "travels" a little if you're not careful with your lipliner, and that's the only reason why I'm removing one lippie. Love it!

on 10/8/2013 9:20:00 PM

Its a tad costly, plus I've had several Limecrime lippies break, but that was before that brand got popular, maybe they fixed it.. but Ive just taken a lighter, melted the broken layer, sticked it on, put it in the fridge and its fine again..
This is a really good lipstick for photos, and I love how its a mix between bright red and a bit more deeper wine red. It can stain your teeth, but just blot it, and you'll be fine. This is also a product that goes well along with other lip products like balms, lip gloss and so on.

on 8/16/2013 12:29:00 AM

After reading other reviews for Lime Crime lipsticks, I was a little hesitant to buy this, but the colour looked so beautiful that I took the chance and bought a tube.

WOW am I glad I did!!! This is an absolutely stunning red / brown lipstick, though the picture from the site (attached above) shows it more as a winey / burgundy.

I had no problems applying this lipstick, one swipe was enough to leave a gorgeous opaque colour on my lips for day wear. Unlike other reviewers of Lime Crime lippies, I didn't find this drying at all, and with the use of NYC's Hero lip liner, there was no feathering at all.

I also found it rather long lasting ... only needed to reapply after 5 hours, which included 2 cups of coffee, a croissant, and then lunch - indian curry.

For $21 Singaporean dollars, would definitely repurchase, though I do wish they'd change the packaging as I find it a little to 'kiddie' for my liking, lol.

Recommended for Medium Skin