December 21, 2014 | 1853 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Occitane - Sublime Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by doodle10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a big fan of serums- it just seems to be an extra step in your skincare regimen that may not be completely warranted. That being said, I might be a convert after this one! I love that it has no silicones in it so it doesn't clog your pores- it's also light, fresh-smelling and hydrating. I definitely do need to use a face cream on top of this, but it evens out my skin nicely and definitely helped to get rid of a few blemish marks around my chin. My only problem with it is the price-however I got it at 20% off with an email coupon. It's still cheaper than all the "brightening" serums out there that claim to luminize with tons of mica and silica and nothing else. These ingredients were not listed in this serum. Gives my skin a nice inner glow that is so coveted! Love this stuff- will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like this skin perfector because of its texture and scent. It glides on nicely under a bb cream. It does not exacerbate any fine lines or imperfections, so that is a plus. I do not think this substance does everything that it claims to, however, so I feel the need to comment on that. According to the box, the skin perfector makes the skin texture smoothed and refined (which it does), makes the pores look tightened (not at all), makes redness and blemishes seem reduced (I do not see a difference in redness), makes the complexion more even and radiant (radiant, yes, even, no), makes the skin hydrated and plumped (it does moisturize, but not excessively) and makes it feel soft and velvety (which it does). The result is that this product operates effectively for only half of what it is claiming. For that I removed one lippie. For such an expensive product, I would expect it to live up to all of its claims. The price is prohibitive and it is for this reason that I would not repurchase. This is otherwise a nice product.