Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Bisabolol, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Citrate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Coumarin, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, Limonene, Isoeugenol, Ci 15985/Yellow 6E.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

i love this product. the important thing to remember with it is that you cant use it every day, and you shouldnt rub it in.

the way i use it is usually for special occasions or when i want to look incredible all day. After showering i will wash my face like normal and usually use a scrub, but instead of putting on moisturizer i will grab a hazelnut size amount and literally smooth it on my skin from the center outward. super super quick just making sure there is a thin amount all over my face. if you rub it in it wont work. and you have to be quick. too much touching of the product makes it not do its job. you will instantly start feeling your skin get tighter and looking in the mirror you will see it become brighter!!!

after that its up to you whether you will use primer ontop or not. sometimes i do, sometimes i dont. depends also on the foundation i am using.

i absolutely love this product. it makes my jawline incredible, my skin looks beautifully natural. and it doesnt matter how much foundation, highlighter, concealer and contour i use, as long as i apply this as a base, it always looks natural and i always get tons of compliments on my skin. it smells incredible, and feels great on my skin.

i always re-purchase this. but it isnt that often since i rarely ever use it. but its definitely part of my arsenal for looking incredible.

on 4/3/2015 10:18:00 AM

I see a notable difference when I use this. Normally, I mix it with a tiny bit of foundation to even out my skin tone. One morning I forgot, and was thinking I looked tired and a bit not like myself, if that makes sense. I will definitely be buying this for many years to come, unless they do something to the formula or something a lot better for a lot less comes along.
My husband, who uses the Clarins mens lines, has used this on a few occasions with good results as well.

on 3/16/2015 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

An excellent all rounder I use occasionally as a mask and primer but more frequently as a booster when my skin is troublingly dry. It's pricy for the small tube but since I've run out I've noticed my skin texture is not as soft as it was when I used this regularly. It is quite thick and if I'm using it as a mask I'm quite liberal and don't rub. As a primer just a small amount sheered out over face will do the trick. Let it dry a bit first before starting on foundation helps it all stay put nicely. If you have dry skin and need a rescue I highly recommend the splurge.

on 3/15/2015 5:53:00 PM

Great product for a face mask. Left on for 10 minutes, rinsed off and left my face feeling very refreshed. Skin feels soft and a slight healthy glow. Haven't tried this under makeup yet but will definitely give it a go!

on 2/3/2015 12:23:00 PM

I used this product 20 years ago and thought it was nothing special. As my face has aged lol, I thought I'd give it another go and see if I got results. Nothing! I honestly don't know what all the hype is about. I've applied it in various ways, using alone and under foundation/ BB/CC creams and it doesn't even work as a primer. I love Clarins products as a rule yet this has continually disappointed. I'm happy some people see a result but for me I will definately not be re purchasing.

on 1/24/2015 10:50:00 AM

it helps tightening up the skin when I feel tired and gives a nice glow. It is quite heavy and clogs pores if used daily so I keep it for emergencies, sort of rescue serum. careful with make up layers, if foundation is rubbed over it might crease.

on 1/9/2015 3:04:00 PM

I am not sure what I need/use this product for. Luckily I was given this as a gift, so I didn't have to spend any money on it. I am always worried when I am applying it, in case I rub it in. And I never see any benefits to my skin. It is not awful, I just find it completely pointless.

on 1/7/2015 11:09:00 PM

This product is a no-go for me, which is disappointing given all the rave reviews I read about it. I got this as a sample, so luckily I didn't waste any money on it.

1. You have to PAT it onto your face, which isn't the most convenient way to apply facial products.
2. I personally found using it as a beauty mask to be more drying, than moisturing.
3, No value whatsoever as a primer.

on 12/28/2014 4:55:00 AM

At first I was disappointed like some of the reviewers: I followed the instructions to the letter, did not rub, but still when I tried to apply my foundation it seemed to flake off along with the balm. So the next time I tried it I decided to wait a few minutes for the balm matrix to settle, and then I saw the results the package had promised. It takes a bit of practice to get it right, the way to apply it to your face. Anyway, it does what it promises: moisturizes the skin, tightens the face temporarily, and enhances my foundation`s appearance and lasting power. I give it 4 stars because I can only use it for special occasions, otherwise my face would get used to it.

on 11/15/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a creamy beige balm that I use on my makeup-free days simply as a dewy look. I pat it on my face add a little clear lip gloss and I'm out. It absorbs in my skin so beautifully, so soft. It can be used as a mask which Ive done and liked the bright, soft results but I prefer a light layer on days I don't feel like doing my makeup.
I also use on the lazy Sunday when I'm relaxing in bed reading or catching up on the news. It really makes a difference of my skin texture. Soft and smooth. I use it under my makeup as well and my foundation goes on smoothly, radiantly. Slight smell but that quickly dissipates.

Popular Treatments (Face)