Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner

3.9

Aqua (Water), Alcohol denat., Butylene glycol, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Hibiscus sabdariffa flower extract, Sodium benzoate, Quillaja saponaria bark extract, Sodium citrate, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin.

on 1/9/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, the packaging. Cute and feminine, no complaints. The actual results of using this toner? I'm not so sure. I've been using this consistently for two weeks and haven't noticed a difference. The only thing I can say I know it does for sure is remove the traces of makeup from my skin that my cleanser missed. I will continue to use this until it's gone and decide from there, I try to give a facial product at least a month or so before writing it off.

on 12/30/2014 11:27:00 AM

Well. Did nothing much for me. I don't think it removes the residual makeup, which is what I expect my toners to do. I didn't see any whitening, nor any difference to my skin. Won't buy again.

on 10/1/2014 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My skin loves this toner... I needed a diversion from my homemade organic apple cider vinegar and pure tea tree oil plus half spring water toner (which completely cleared my back of pimples and faded scars, but it's sometimes a little harsh on my face, even though it's effective).

I did a little research and picked this up at Target. It shrinks my pores, really does brighten my skin, and it does not break me out at all. It feels good and combined with my microdermabrasion scrub and mask, my skin is recovering brilliantly from about the worst breakout and condition of my life (courtesy of acne.org products).

My makeup looks amazing on now and I need less of it... This toner is only part of the equation, but I'm certain it's a part...

on 8/14/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this product! It is mostly organic and has a light pleasant scent to it. It has a slight exfoliant to it which I think anyone suffering from acne and or dry skin could benefit from. It took only one use for me to see a positive result when I first began using this product. This has made my hormonal acne almost disappear completely and any left over acne scars from my teen years are fading away. At such a low cost of $7.99 I don't know why you wouldn't give this product a try! I'm sure you won't be dissapointed! This is absolutely a HG product for me! Love 100%!

This is the best toner I have ever used! It leaves your skin feeling refreshed but not stripped of moisture. It has a nice smell. I have been using this together with the day and night cream. My skin looks the best it's looked in quite some time!

on 10/21/2013 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This product is FABULOUS. I have dry skin and suffer from severe redness on my cheeks and nose. This stuff makes the redness disappear like it was never there! It really does brighten my skin and smoothen it out. If you have dry skin I do recommend a strong moisturizer. Combined, your skin will be heaven. Love, love, love this product. Also do not put the moisturizer on immediately after the toner. Let the toner do its thing first! Thirty minutes is best but if you don't have time, at least wait five. You will notice a difference. Anyway this product is the bomb.com and I will repurchase.

on 10/7/2013 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually like this better than I was expecting to. Just enough "umph" to complete my face cleansing process without over-stripping. Feels refreshing enough w/o irritating my combo, slightly sensitive, acne-prone skin. A definite budget recommendation for combo/normal skin types!

I first used this organic toner when I ran out of my usual exfoliating toner, after a thorough double cleanse and a face mask. if any toner is reactive I figured I would soon find out after putting my skin through all that... This toner passed the sensitivity test hands down with no sign of redness or soreness after a thorough swipe with a cotton wool pad. After using it on evenings only for one week my skin looks slightly brighter and it doesn't feel tight or leave any residue. It smells natural and pleasant too. I much prefer more natural products like this but on an evening - after a face full of make-up -my skin needs my usual Clinique Clarifying lotion no. 2 but if I ever find myself out of that again I will definitely turn to the Boots All Bright toner again.

on 8/15/2013 1:39:00 PM

I've tried a number of different toners over the years, but have never really seen any difference to my skin with prolonged use. This includes the world famous Clinique 3 Step system, the toner of which left my face feeling red raw and incredibly dry.

Sadly, although this Botanics toner has received glowing reviews online from various beauty YouTubers and bloggers alike, I'm still to see any noticable difference. It smells very astringent to me (the second ingredient is Alcohol denat. so that's probably why) and like the Clinique toner it leaves my skin feeling tight and dry; I definitely have to apply way more moisturiser after using this compared to when I don't use it.

Although the beauty world recommends you cleanse, tone and moisturise, I'm a great believer that this isn't necessarily the case for everyone. I know if I used this as part of my daily skincare routine it would break me out badly and leave me with horrendous dry patches too. I'll continue to use it once or twice a week as I don't like throwing products away if I can avoid it, but I certainly won't be rushing out to try more toners any time soon.