September 1, 2014 | 1944 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Stila - Stay All Day Prime & Anti-Shine

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by amandarud08

I liked how my makeup stayed on, I didnt feel like I needed to wash my face off after 9hrs like every other primer I've been trying. But "Anti-Shine" more like shine central on my face -_-

Still on the search for a primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by luvmakeyG33k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now when I first heard the review about this product I thought this prime was going to rub off cause my face to be very oily and greasy..... That didn't happen at all it kept my face anti shine and my face wasn't oily.... I only had to use my blotting paper once because my face is very oily so only using 2 blotting paper was great for me....
I only pat a little bit of the prime on top of my makeup only on my t zone.... I have ance prone skin and no breakout happen.... I love this prime and I will keep this close to my heart lol

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love stila.... Usually, this on the other hand BLEGH! The application is terrible; too hard to blend. I've tried with a sponge (the one included and a beauty blender) a stippling brush, my napoleon flat top and RT buffer. The product is mattifying as a base but is too thick to put on top of your foundation like a blotting product (as they claim it can be used). Also I'd only used it about 4 times (tried to give it a good run before being judgemental) and had almost hit pan. All in all $40something dollars for a mediocre primer that will only last 10 uses.... No thanks I'd rather stick to my smashbox that is pricey but I know will do the job properly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

Purchased this on impulse and was disappointed upon opening the package on the amount of product there is actually in the container. There is only .29 oz of product. The sponge sits in the bottom of the container so you flip the lid that contains the product.

The product itself is not too bad. I used it on top of my makeup, choosing to simply tap some product on my face t-zone and headed out for the day. Quite frankly I chose this application method when I saw how little product there was and knowing how expensive it was ($39 CAD). When I checked myself in the mirror mid-day, I was surprised to see my face did not require the usual blotting. It was not the typical oily mess it is by noon, even when using powder.

I tried the same process for a period of two weeks and there is a noticeable difference in how oily my skin looks...or doesn't look. It works well over foundation and powder. It seems to make my face matte for the entire day. Again, I blot the sponge with the product and then blot my forehead, nose and chin only. So reading other MUA'ers reviews, I would conclude that it is likely the best application method. Use the product sparingly, simply blot your face with it. I don't think it is meant to be spread across your face to be absorbed.
For the amount of product you get I am still on the fence on whether I would purchase again. It is not an HG for me yet, but will update once I get close to finishing the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Lauren1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this product would be great for bare-faced days. It really mattifys, perfects and softens bare skin but under or over foundation it falls a little short causing clumping, caking and smearing. I give it 3 lips bc it really performs solo but doesn't play well with other products. I wouldn't buy it again bc it's very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Ulta with really high hopes and today I am going to return it. I tried to salvage it for other uses than what it is intended, but I just don't like it and think it makes me look worse than I did before I used it.

I bought it originally as an alternative to pressed powder touch ups on my nose mainly, but also for an overall refreshing on a long day. This is what it is advertised for, as well (main purpose).

The first time I used it, it smudged my makeup all over (despite just gently pressing a minimal amount of the product with the included sponge and not rubbing it around). It looked so horrible I attempted to press on my face again, and it completely lifted the makeup from my face. It was like a makeup remover!

I tried it again and this time, same results. It is hard to truly explain what happens, but it becomes a total mess! I tried it again yesterday while I was in a long drive-thru line at In n Out, and was so embarrassed that I took a wet wipe and removed all of my face makeup before the girl came to take my order. It is like it lifts off the makeup but not totally cleanly, so you are left with a messy, patchy mess.

I would much prefer the look of cakedup powder (which is bad) to what this creates!

I guess if you did not wear any face makeup and used it on bare skin throughout the day, or had very dry skin and NO OIL on your face to touch up, then it may be OK, but that is not how it is advertised. I tried to use it after my makeup in the morning and found it did nothing special, and tried to use it as a regular primer before makeup and had poor results (the primer is packed very solidly and hard to get out for all over primer use).

I am so disappointed, but, the results don't lie and I can't recommend this product. Stila did not deliver on this promise and it is very pricey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really dissapointed that the quality of this product was so bad because while it was useable (which was only the first 24 hours) it worked great. This is a silicone and silica based semi-solid primer in a black mirrored compact that comes with a sponge. It's meant to be used as both a traditional primer and to be patted on after you apply your makeup in place of finishing powder to set foundation and control shine. You can also use this during the day to to touch up any break through shine in place of blotting papers or powder. It worked fantastic the first day. My makeup lasted all day long and using this instead of traditional powder gave a beautiful natural finish that really helped control shine for hours with no powdery look at all. The only issue I found with it initially was that you had to use a light hand because it does take off some foundation in the t-zone however not enough to make it look blotchy. Unfortunately after 24 hours this product was completely unuseable. It was the consistency of paste and impossible to to get out of the compact let alone apply. When I tried to swirl the sponge onto the the product as the directions state it just smeared chunks of the stuff around the top and came off in clumps onto the sponge. Perhaps you need to keep the plastic protector on it to keep air from drying this stuff out but lets be honest how many people are not going to lose that within a few days? There is nothing on the package stating that you need to becautious about air exposure either. Even the cheapest gel eyeliner doesn't dry out in 24 hours.

I returned this to Ulta but it did earn it's one lippie. I currently have some TimeBalm Primer that has a pretty high silica content in it. I like to mix it with bronzing lotion on "no makeup" days that don't require sunscreen because it gives a nice blurring effect on the skin. I realized I could use this product the EXACT same way both under my foundation as a regular primer and over it to set and control shine by dabbing it on with a beauty blender. It is slightly heavier than the Stila so less is best but it also doesn't disturb my foundation like the Stila did and works just as well. The best part about that is I only paid $10 for that tube from Hautelook as opposed to the $32 I spent at Ulta for the fail Stila compact.