December 18, 2014 | 1769 users online

Styling Products - Nexxus - Youth Renewal Plump & Lift Blow Dry Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I use about 6 sprays of this on damp hair and I feel it does the job just fine. It gives my hair some body and texture, just like it says on the bottle.It seems like it got a few bad reviews, maybe I am just easy to please,but I picked up a second bottle today. I also like the smell and I consider it inexpensive at about $15.00

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I purchased this plus the matching dry shampoo.

I have long hair that is very flat and I like to use various products to give it volume and some life. I normally use Spray n Play hairspray which works amazing on my hair. But this is what I got for straying . . . 5 minutes after I sprayed this on, my husband (from 2 bedroom, a hallway plus kitchen away!!) yelled "what are you doing?? why does it smell like a funeral home????' . Already off to a bad start. I decided I would wait and finish drying my hair. Plus the smell seemed ok to me, a bit too perfume-y but not awful. 30 min later I had a smelly birds nest on my head. Everything I wore reeked. My jacket. My sweater. Mind you I have long hair, past bra strap length almost to bum. The first time I sprayed on quite a bit, the next time I used less than half, just a few sprays.

I had normal hair, slightly damaged from colouring. Which this product turned into a crispy mess. Thank god it washes out.Total waste of money x 2. Does nothing but cause tangles, dryness and you will smell like the perfume aisle. My husband tossed this into the garbage himself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I'm throwing in the towel for root lifting products. I really had high hopes for this spray but it just doesn't work with my hair. For one, my hair is already thick but it is so heavy that it falls limp at the roots and puffs out mid-ends so I look like a bell. I was looking for something to give that area some lift so my hair looks uniform in size. I will say that this does provide some volume with my hair. However, it also leaves it stangely and dry looking. It makes my already coarse rough hair feel even more coarse. Ugh, no shine either just dull rough big hair. So, I followed the instructions per bottle: Spray generously through towel dried hair. Comb to evenly distribute and blow dry. By doing this, it made my hair so dry and crispy. So, I just sprayed a few pumps on the roots and didn't comb it through but rather raked my fingers into the roots and blow dried it. The results were a bit better. This was an expensive drugstore product ($15.97) @ Walmart. I wil use this up but will not be repurchasing it again. Two lippes are for: 1. Pleasant Scent and 2. Provides volume

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by rdooley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Now that I'm 50, my hair seems to have lost some volume, so I was looking for something to give my hair some extra body, and this sounded like it would fit the bill. It claims to give you "thicker looking hair and weightless volume" while keeping hair soft. I followed the directions and sprayed on a generous amount, combed it through, and turned upside down to blow dry. The result was tons of knots and no noticeable volume. I lost hair while brushing out the knots! This went right in the garbage. Recently tried Aquage Thickening Spraygel and am liking that so far.